Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Widow leaves £100,000 to pet charity

Still Waters

When widow Lynda Hill drew up her will, she left £100,000 to her favourite animal charity and expressed a hope that its staff would find a new home for her faithful dog, Henry.

But just hours after Mrs Hill’s body was discovered in her home, a vet from the charity recommended that the golden retriever be put down, and he was destroyed the following day.

http://www.dailymail...lying-body.html

While based on headlines it makes them sound monstrous but actually reading the article it was for a good reason due to the dog being in pain from arthritis.

Edited by evil_kenshin

Yes, but I still thinking with a living owner involved the vet might have made a different decision. I don't think they gave the dog the care the widow was hoping for when she made that bequest. Based on the fact that is not the care I would expect for my animals if I did such a thing.

• Like 2

Talk about history repeating itself but the story I'm going to tell has a happy ending..

It's about my dad's mysterious death and his German Shepherd being left to fend for herself.

My dad must have fallen down the stairs in a drunken stupor and broke his neck.

I don't know how long he was undiscovered but a conversative guess would be three days.

Somehow the dog which I have christened Lucky managed to survive but was bedraggled.

I believe it was eating it's own faeces and had a really scraggy coat which didn't look healthy.

Anyways we rescued the dog and found her a new home at Solihull.

The only difference being that my dad didn't donate to any charity and Lucky didn't have arthritis.

It makes you wonder if they would have put Lucky down despite intervention from us if she went here.

If that was the case my sister would be fuming and demand they get shut down.

You'll have to admit they have to check to see if the dog is ready to be re-housed.

They wouldn't be doing their homework otherwise.

Edited by Medium Brown

They could have cared for the animal and attempted to save it while easing it's pain. If the dog was ancient and at death's door I guess I'd understand but this seems to be exactly what this generous soul had hoped to avoid. Sad- and I would be furious had it been my staff that made such a choice.

• Like 1

It's worth noticing that dogs tend to suffer from arthritis.

They must have took one look at its legs and decided to end it.

That's a sure sign of old age but I've noticed that the males are more prone.

The same thing seems to be happening to Ty because he's had operations to repair the cartilage.

Early stage arthritis maybe but he's getting on for his eighth birthday.

One of these days there's going to be no spare cartilage to repair it and I can't imagine him hopping.

It could be that the vets don't even need to check the condition of the legs because nearly every dog is microchipped.

And I'm sure there will be a certificate to prove the dogs age.

It's sad I know but this charity and the vets were just doing their job despite how painful the reality is.

Edited by Medium Brown

It's worth noticing that dogs tend to suffer from arthritis.

That's what the vet told us when we took our old Springer to get checked out.. He ( our old dog ) was riddled with arthritis and in a lot of pain, he was sick too.... Being so old, full of arthritis almost blind and ill, he had to sadly be put down..I miss him, we all do at home, especially my daughter because he used to sleep in her room at times and followed her around

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Can you bounce a cheque from the other side?

Would it be fair to say that if the dog was a mature age and riddled with arthritis, may not of been able to cope with the departing of his master/mistress and then be put in a kennel for god knows how long while a home was found?

While based on headlines it makes them sound monstrous but actually reading the article it was for a good reason due to the dog being in pain from arthritis.

Arthritis is not deadly ,and can be treated numerous ways. What they did was messed up .