Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should I quit my job?

pisceanheart

Hehe, just kidding, Here is the real issue.

Something in my gut is telling me to quit my job, however I am well aware that there can be false alarms? There is something that I want to be able to have done by April, in order to get more money for my business than what my job can give. Would this be a good idea?

I understand that this is a physic thread, but I am looking for any advice in general.

Thank you.

Edited by pisceanheart

Why "hehe just kidding"? the real issue IS about quitting your job.if your job can benefit you for something in April, great, go for it, but just do not tell your boss or colleagues.

people leave their jobs all the time for something better, you can only try.

Oh, the "hehe just kidding" part was in reference to the title.

Thank you. I know it's said that one should build up their finances enough to live off of before quitting, but I just have this strong urge.

Why "hehe just kidding"? the real issue IS about quitting your job.if your job can benefit you for something in April, great, go for it, but just do not tell your boss or colleagues.

people leave their jobs all the time for something better, you can only try.

Oh, the "hehe just kidding" part was in reference to the title.

Thank you. I know it's said that one should build up their finances enough to live off of before quitting, but I just have this strong urge.

Go with your urge, if your wages now can keep you going and help, then go for it....you do not want to one day be one of those who says "if only I had tried it"

Good luck to you, but somehow Ifeel you will not need much luck, the urge and motivation will get you through.

Remember to keep it to yourself at work, people can be funny (not in a good way) sometimes.

I havent worked since 2008 and I dont pay taxes. I feel freer then I ever did when I worked 9-5 although the moneys not great.

• Like 1

I havent worked since 2008 and I dont pay taxes. I feel freer then I ever did when I worked 9-5 although the moneys not great.

I don't like the idea of being chained to a job either but I like the idea of having my own living space, buying what I need and having something in reserve.

Anyways..in regards to "pisceanheart" keep in mind that with today's economy, I am unsure it is wise to sacrifice an income based on a "gut" feeling. If it doesn't work out then you'd be out of a job and income. Even though you have a business, apparently it isn't giving you enough so maybe it is a good idea to keep the job until you are VERY certain that your business can weather the coming economic turmoils ahead...there is no relief in the near future and income is important.

But whatever...do as you see fit. Just make sure you have a contingency plan in case things do not go as you had planned.

• Like 1

i feel like you should stay at your current job even if it makes you unhappy.i think you will find a better job in the future which will be the right timing to quit your current job since you will have no more interest in working there.just be patient and wait since it will be worth it since you will be in a more peaceful environment and will have more freedom at your new job:)

Hehe, just kidding, Here is the real issue.

Something in my gut is telling me to quit my job, however I am well aware that there can be false alarms? There is something that I want to be able to have done by April, in order to get more money for my business than what my job can give. Would this be a good idea?

I understand that this is a physic thread, but I am looking for any advice in general.

Thank you.

It could be that you have anticipatory butterflies in your tummy.. If you know you got plans coming up that is to be expected. Can you keep your job while still doing what you want to have done by April? If so, you should. Even if it's difficult to do you should.

• 1 month later...

Use your creativity which many people think is above average. Draw those lines the way you do when you have much energy in you and balance the project with mercy and passion. Does the term cat woman mean anything to you? Printing press and ink? What do you think? If I am wrong, at least dear I wrote you a song. Strike your chords and let them be heard.

Use your creativity which many people think is above average. Draw those lines the way you do when you have much energy in you and balance the project with mercy and passion. Does the term cat woman mean anything to you? Printing press and ink? What do you think? If I am wrong, at least dear I wrote you a song. Strike your chords and let them be heard.

having been out of work for 10 months here is my advice, don't quit until you have either two years wages saved up OR another job starts the day after you quit. Never in my life have i had such a hard time finding a job, always before it was step out of one job and into another. On my last job my brand new boss got in my face and I walked thinking i could do what i had always done and i was very wrong. i was lucky in one respect, I had No debts except for monthly expenses when i walked.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

OMG! How did you know? At this show/convention that I'm selling my products at in April, what I'm selling actually consists of my digital artwork being printed on various custom manufactured products. Trying to do this alongside my full time job is so tiring because by the time that I get home from work, my energy is drained. When I saw the previous posts, I decided to stay at the job until April or until they probably lay me off. I don't know if I'm right or not, but I went into work today with a feeling that I would not be able to stay through April anymore. Then they had let a bunch of my coworkers go. I think they may keep me for the remainder of the week.

• Like 1

The above response I posted was to starchild. Themis thread was pretty silent for weeks and then you posted right as my job began to start laying more people off. I really needed this.

I would also like to thank everybody else in this thread for the sound advice. Keeping my job after this post has enabled me to get more products manufactured.

• Like 1

The above response I posted was to starchild. Themis thread was pretty silent for weeks and then you posted right as my job began to start laying more people off. I really needed this.

I would also like to thank everybody else in this thread for the sound advice. Keeping my job after this post has enabled me to get more products manufactured.

I find that in business that those who actually make it are in sink or swim scenarios. When there is no option other to swim, then you find away. But be careful there is a lot of fanciful fantasy when it comes to working for oneself without and real business realism. This can bring you down in a heart beat. I own my own business. I opened it when I was 23. I also occasionally consult for other small businesses here and there if you understand marketing and statistics your good to go. If you pm me some details might give you some ideas. There are no such things as bad businesses.