Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leading A Blind Horse To Water

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ever heard the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink"?

I have a new variation, "You can lead a blind horse to water, but he cannot drink what he cannot see".

You are perplexed and scratching your head no doubt.

The reason I decided to write this thread is for the simple fact that I have been leading a blind horse and she cannot see where the water is in order to drink it.

I have intuition about things many times and try to share these with people from time to time in hopes that they will gain valuable insight into situations involving their every day lives.

If you have the water to share and the horse refuses to see it, what can you do about it?

Nothing, it is their choice to decide if they want to drink it. Even if they can see it, denial (being blind) can convince anyone to ignore even the most obvious signs (a lake).

This applies in any situation where advice is dispensed, willingly by request or forced upon someone.

The person with the advice (intuition) simply has to accept that no matter how badly we want the other person to drink the water (seen or unseen) it is not for them to expect that person to accept the offering.

Expectations are very difficult to avoid. It is a lesson that many fail to learn.

Me, Myself and I are the only 3 people I have a right to expect anything from. We can have expectations of others if we choose to do so, but we must be prepared to be disappointed if we allow those expectations to exceed the level of unreasonableness. What is unreasonable? Any expectation you have for another person, place or thing that is out of your control is unreasonable.

I kid myself all the time about having reasonable expectations and guess what? I am found to be disappointed still.

If you make an appointment to see a doctor, is it reasonable to expect the doctor will be on time? No.

If you have a job interview scheduled for a specific time, is it reasonable to expect them to be on time? No.

If you order food from a delivery service, is it reasonable to expect it to be the correct order, fresh and hot and delivered in a specific time frame? No.

The list could be a mile long. The answer is still the same. Even reasonable expectations can be hard to meet, so what is the best way to handle any situation?

My signature is the best way.

Soul

• Like 1

For the first part of your post, all anyone can do is point the way they think best for someone. The rest is up to the other person, to follow the indicated path or not. But, who is to say the pointed direction is best for that person at that moment? Perhaps that person will gain more personal insight going his/her own direction.

As for expectations, I don't expect much in these circumstances, so I'm not usually disappointed.

I thought the saying was, "You can lead a horse to water, but you know what a wet horse smells like".

You know I find that saying quite stupid. I find that I can lead a horse to water and all I need to do is ask them to drink.

Telling them to drink does no good, but asking that they do works.

Then again when I deal with my friends and family, I proved they can trust me.

When I give my friends advice, I also ask them to take the first step. Makes a huge difference.

With that attitude, I wouldn't follow your advice(couldn't even trust you for that matter) either.

You know I find that saying quite stupid. I find that I can lead a horse to water and all I need to do is ask them to drink.

Telling them to drink does no good, but asking that they do works.

Then again when I deal with my friends and family, I proved they can trust me.

When I give my friends advice, I also ask them to take the first step. Makes a huge difference.

With that attitude, I wouldn't follow your advice(couldn't even trust you for that matter) either.

Fortunately, my expectations were not that high for someone such as yourself to actually understand what it is that I am putting forth. That is a ridiculous avatar you have by the way.

For the first part of your post, all anyone can do is point the way they think best for someone. The rest is up to the other person, to follow the indicated path or not. But, who is to say the pointed direction is best for that person at that moment? Perhaps that person will gain more personal insight going his/her own direction.

As for expectations, I don't expect much in these circumstances, so I'm not usually disappointed.

I thought the saying was, "You can lead a horse to water, but you know what a wet horse smells like".

A wet horse smells like **** I am sure. The point I was trying to make is you can give advice and what anyone decides to do with it is their choice. Expectations, well, it is always best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Have you considered that is person hearing two different things and these things conflict. So they ignore both sides because what else can one do. You know what you are saying to her but do you know what others are saying to her?

• Like 1

Yea you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If he doesn't, fine, but I won't wait around all day for him to do so. It would be like beating a dead horse because he won't get up. A-beatdeadhorse.gif

The thing about horses is they have a very good sense of smell, so, even if the horse was blind he could tell if you had placed him in front of a stagnant water-trough OR a pure, clean stream ............. ;)

• Like 2

Fortunately, my expectations were not that high for someone such as yourself to actually understand what it is that I am putting forth. That is a ridiculous avatar you have by the way.

Rofl, if you think so.

Dealing with people is an art form that some people will never quite grasp.

What I understand is that you have an unrealistic way of thinking about people and problems.

Do you like being told what to do? That is what advice is after all.

• Like 1

Have you considered that is person hearing two different things and these things conflict. So they ignore both sides because what else can one do. You know what you are saying to her but do you know what others are saying to her?

What difference does it make, the information is for their benefit, what they decide to do with it is their choice, the fact is I know certain things are going to occur whether they want them to or not. Fortunately, they will still have the information to access when it does.

Rofl, if you think so.

Dealing with people is an art form that some people will never quite grasp.

What I understand is that you have an unrealistic way of thinking about people and problems.

Do you like being told what to do? That is what advice is after all.

lmao. if you say so.

The thing about horses is they have a very good sense of smell, so, even if the horse was blind he could tell if you had placed him in front of a stagnant water-trough OR a pure, clean stream ............. ;)

water is water. if you need it bad enough it won't matter.

Yea you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If he doesn't, fine, but I won't wait around all day for him to do so. It would be like beating a dead horse because he won't get up. A-beatdeadhorse.gif

well sometimes you need the horse. patience is necessary. better blind than dead.

Most people desire to use their own intuition if evidence is lacking. In order to lead (most people anyway) you're going to have to present them with something more tangible than your own personal intuition/feelings. You're going to have to convince others that you have the insight/knowledge/wisdom necessary to lead them.

People simply aren't horses content to be lead. People tend to want to think for themselves.

• Like 2

You can post a big bold colorful OP, but you can't make me read it. B)

• Like 3

Advice, when it's not asked for, is valueless. That's why it's freely given. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

We’re Sailing in Uncharted Cosmic Seas

'Learning to handle these exciting new vibrations and cosmic changes is very much like learning to sail in uncharted waters. We really need to learn how to navigate these unknown waves and currents and be ready at the helm for the many fluctuations pounding our ships of life.

I’m also feeling for the people who have no clue as to what’s going on.

To think there are so many who don’t even know there is a cosmic sea, never mind that there are huge energetic wave changes reaching our planetary system that are now rocking their proverbial boats, is sad. I guess it’s like Plato’s cave analogy, only here it’s blind people in a boat who think all the world is the small structure and items they feel around them, while the real cosmic reality is expanding around them well outside their “boat” reality.'

http://beforeitsnews...as-2535870.html

Advice, when it's not asked for, is valueless. That's why it's freely given. :)

No you are mistaken. Value is assigned subjectively. Whether it is asked for or not. My advice based on intuition is not free though, it has a price. I assign a very high value to it. I do not ignore what I am shown for a reason. I do not refrain from sharing what I know, otherwise what would be the value of keeping it to myself? Some things cannot be changed and some can be. The purpose is to allow for the option's that exist to manifest.

Soul

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree
  • Like 1

To the OP,

Who are you to think that you're a 'leader'?

To the poster, who are you to question whether I think I am a leader? That is all you have? Okay. I at least put thought behind what I have to say. I at least try to make an effort to do so. The very definition of a leader is one who shows by example. What you are is a troll.

Soul

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree

Actually this is a very good question.

And to soulpowertothetenthdegree, Please do not call others "trolls" simply because they question your opinion. I would remind you of the UM rules here:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

5e. Disrespectful conduct: Do not be rude, unpleasant or disrespectful towards other members - always be polite and courteous.

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented

That said, why should others follow your lead? What makes your personal opinion/intuition better than other people's assessment?

• Like 3

We’re Sailing in Uncharted Cosmic Seas

'Learning to handle these exciting new vibrations and cosmic changes is very much like learning to sail in uncharted waters. We really need to learn how to navigate these unknown waves and currents and be ready at the helm for the many fluctuations pounding our ships of life.

I’m also feeling for the people who have no clue as to what’s going on.

To think there are so many who don’t even know there is a cosmic sea, never mind that there are huge energetic wave changes reaching our planetary system that are now rocking their proverbial boats, is sad. I guess it’s like Plato’s cave analogy, only here it’s blind people in a boat who think all the world is the small structure and items they feel around them, while the real cosmic reality is expanding around them well outside their “boat” reality.'

http://beforeitsnews...as-2535870.html

What happened to the horse? Is he in the cave? I'm concerned for him because he's blind. Oh god! now I'm concerned about the blind people in the boat dangling their hands over the side and attracting sharks!

• Like 1

Don't worry ouija, horses can actually smell water...so being blind shouldn't pose any drinking issues. As to the blind folks in the boat attracting sharks...that one's a bit more worrying. However, since all this is only an analogy there's really nothing to be concerned about.

Now, as to who one chooses as a leader, that can be far more of a real concern.

• Like 3

To the OP,

In this world there are ego's and.................

tempx1_mussolini_pferd_g.jpg

...... EGO's

• Like 1