Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon and Apparition In Same Mirror

ksalmon1

These pictures were taken on October 11, 2008 in Torrance, CA in what was originally office space for a theater back in the 1970's. A murder happened here where three people of varied ages were tied down and had their throats cut by a burglar. The suspect was later found hanged in his police station cell. These two photos were taken in the bathroom of this office space. One was taken with the light on and the other with the light off. These were taken right after each other. A Motorola Razer cellphone was used. You will notice that one appears to show a person in what might be a robe and a shadow behind it, or possibly another ghost. The second can only be seen when you turn the picture upside-down. You can see the face of a demon/devil. It is hard to see at first, but once you do it is impossible to not see it. These pictures were kept within my family since they were taken, but I have decided to post them here to see what others might have to say about them.

post-136436-0-13477700-1358111093_thumb.

post-136436-0-84659700-1358111111_thumb.

Ok, first I'd like to welcome you to UM! That being said, allow me to say that having reviewed your images, and listening to your story, I can, with almost 100% certainty, say that you've captured nothing more than smudges and imperfections in the glass of these mirrors. The first thing I'm seeing is that you're falling victim to a common occurrence called Matrixing (pareidolia).

The next thing I'm seeing is that you're really stretching, trying to find something paranormal in an event that is all normal. This is very obvious as you're explanations and even with your extensive drawing trying to "show" us what you think you're seeing.

Sorry my friend. Thanks for posting though, and I'd greatly suggest doing some reading and educating yourself on this subject matter.

• Like 5

I saw the man and the shadow behind him. It could be fake or something is holding the spirits of the murdered people there.

The second one is you standing in front of the mirror! Why would you turn a picture of yourself in a mirror upside down and try to make a face out of it?

• Like 4

I saw the man and the shadow behind him. It could be fake or something is holding the spirits of the murdered people there.

I don't think it's faked, but I do think it's just reflected light and shadows. Knowing the violent history of the place, I think the OP was hoping to catch something paranormal, (hence, taking photos in the dark) but I don't see any apparitions or demons. The second photo is a huge reach, but even with your labels I still don't see it resembling a face. Sorry!

Just to add, the "eye" you point out in the photo (along with the other brightly lit dots that are not labelled as part of the face) is probably just dust on the mirror lit up by the glow from the phone.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 2

Ok, first I'd like to welcome you to UM! That being said, allow me to say that having reviewed your images, and listening to your story, I can, with almost 100% certainty, say that you've captured nothing more than smudges and imperfections in the glass of these mirrors. The first thing I'm seeing is that you're falling victim to a common occurrence called Matrixing (pareidolia).

The next thing I'm seeing is that you're really stretching, trying to find something paranormal in an event that is all normal. This is very obvious as you're explanations and even with your extensive drawing trying to "show" us what you think you're seeing.

Sorry my friend. Thanks for posting though, and I'd greatly suggest doing some reading and educating yourself on this subject matter.

^^^This.

The second picture is clearly that of the photographer, standing in front of the mirror and holding his cellphone up in front of him to take a picture and it's really stretching imagination to turn it upside down and think you can see a "demon" there. It doesn't look anything like a demon to me.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses! I do agree the second picture is far fetched. As for the first one, you'll have to trust me when I say it is not faked. Again, thanks for all your responses.