Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fish grabs man's arm (video)

Still Waters

The mystery man was dangling his arm over the edge of a jetty, believed to be somewhere in Florida, as he tempted the fish with a morsel of bait.

Then, much to the horror of screaming onlookers, the monster leaps from the water and latches on to his arm, seemingly trying to drag him back to the water.

http://www.dailymail...catch-hand.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Sundew

• Simbi Laveau

• musk

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be an "Ouch"

I guess from the article that some people do this type of "fishing", uh, for other type fish.

Still, what a dummy.

EDIT: I also heard something similar with regards to an alligator or croc. I think in Florida also. Sorry, I don't have a link, but I think he was trying to feed it versus actually catching it, and it snatched his arm as well. Not sure if he lost his arm or just needed hospitilazation.

Edited by pallidin

The is in the Florida Keys, probably at a place called "Robbie's". The fish in question are tarpon and the one that grabbed the man's arm is not even a very large one. They give (or sell) bait fish to visitors the throw in to feed the them. Tarpon are not considered edible and it's pretty much catch and release if you fish for them. They can get four or five feet in length and are acrobatic fighters on rod and reel. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of them hanging around this dock. They and also nurse sharks are a tourist attractions around restaurants and marines throughout the Keys. I do not believe they have any serious teeth in their mouths, they simply inhale their prey like small fish and crabs and crush it in their throat. But the man is lucky that he didn't get pulled off the dock and drowned.