Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SecondCia

Spiritual Center or Church

4 posts in this topic

Is it important for me to locate and become involved in a Spiritual Center in order to better control my gifts? Am I able to simply get them under control on my own with readings and practice alone?

You can do it whatever way you wish. Just because you have "gifts" doesn't mean you must chain yourself to some institution..most of which will inevitably claim that only "they" can "help" you.

Actually you are far better off developing your "gifts" on your own. Read books, visit forums that deal with "gifts" and read websites that address such issues.

You need to visit a spiritualist church, and ask about attending a 'development circle' to nurture your gifts.

They will help you to develop your psychic abilities or mediumship, while protecting yourself.

http://www.nsac.org/

Be wary of spiritualist churches is my advice, don't take everything and everyone at face value. Whilst you will meet some genuine people, many I find are (unintentionally) deceptive to both people they give readings to and themselves. There are a lot of people who claim to be a psychic/medium and may have inferiority complexes, the desire to feel special, mental illness or a combination of things and so are not genuine; it's just that rather than knowingly mislead people like the band of frauds out there, they actually believe what they're saying/doing.

I've been to one a few times, it's not really a regular thing for me because of the aforementioned. It's definitely worth experiencing though :)

What do you mean by "control" your "gifts", though?