Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. MID

Waspie_Dwarf

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that long time UM member MID passed away on Monday 7th January. He died peacefully, surrounded by his family.

Through this site, even though we were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, I became friends with him. I will miss him.

I am sure I speak for the whole UM community when I say that our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

I never knew MID, but with that aside, I know you and I am truly sorry you have lost a dear friend here on UM..

• Like 2

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that long time UM member MID passed away on Monday 7th January. He died peacefully, surrounded by his family.

Through this site, even though we were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, I became friends with him. I will miss him.

I am sure I speak for the whole UM community when I say that our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

:cry:

He was a star

• Like 4

I will be posting a Biography About Mike "AKA MID" His wife is getting some really wonderful information and history.ASAP. Thanks to all that remembered this Man.

• Like 8

I'm glad I decided to check in today, I wouldn't have known. Yes, it's a natural thing, but we've lost one of the great ones. MID earned my respect my very first day here, he was a great guy and a great source of information. I'm very sad right now...

• Like 2

Only just seen this, damn.

RIP MID.

• Like 3

Wow, this man must have really educated and inspired a lot of you, to see you all post like that about him is just so amazing, and so nice to read.. A touching thread ..

• Like 4

Wow, this man must have really educated and inspired a lot of you, to see you all post like that about him is just so amazing, and so nice to read.. A touching thread ..

Becky, indeed so.

MID was an incredibly inspirational person, both by means of his incredible knowledge and his warm personality and he has touched many a heart and mind over the years here on UM, freely sharing his vast knowledge and experience. We had a few words to his honor in the UFO party thread as well and while the thread title may sound a bit off for words in honor for MID and his life, in contrary I believe it was actually rather fitting and in his spirit given his participation in that particular thread (read some of his posts and enjoy his knowledge and experience in space flight mixed with his deep sense of humor).

MID, I hope you will stop by in spirit and follow us here at UM from time to time.

• Like 9

RIP MID :( You were a beacon of rationality and a damn good person and debater. You will be sorely missed :(

• Like 5

When you join a forum like this you don't realize in the beginning you are joining a family of sorts. RIP MID.

I just love his words of wisdom under his avatar.

.The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.
  • Like 9

I have spoken to MID's wife (via telephone) the funeral is tomorrow (Saturday). Perhaps we could all set aside a moment in our day to pay our final respect to our friend.

Nicely put and a nice gesture .. .. I didn't know you were a close friend of his too, I hope you are feeling ok Lilly..My heart goes out to all of you who were close to MID I truly find this thread to be one of the most touching I have read in a while ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

I have spoken to MID's wife (via telephone) the funeral is tomorrow (Saturday). Perhaps we could all set aside a moment in our day to pay our final respect to our friend.

We will make it so ! I too have talked to his wife and she`s been so supportive of us here at U/M and is going to give me a brief history and accomplishments of Mike.Look to the Moon when your needing a pick up and reminder of our great Men and women from NASA.

• Like 5

Rest In Peace MID, and thanks to him for all that he shared with us.

• Like 5

Thank you Lilly, I hope she's holding up okay.

• Like 7

We will make it so ! I too have talked to his wife and she`s been so supportive of us here at U/M and is going to give me a brief history and accomplishments of Mike.Look to the Moon when your needing a pick up and reminder of our great Men and women from NASA.

Please do so, I would definitely like to know more about him. I'm still kinda stunned, this just blindsided me today. I haven't been here as long as many others but really liked his posts and his solid thinking, and was fortunate enough to interact directly with him a few times; he really added a lot to the camaraderie here. It's definitely very sad, but I'm also very grateful to have made his acquaintance and, ha, see him in action doing one of the many things he excelled at when reading his debates. And on a more personal level, to me it's a testament to him and his personality that I'm affected by the passing of someone who I've never met and know very little about, it just thoroughly demonstrates to me what a cool guy he was. Fly on MID!!

• Like 5

Lilly and Big D., please allow me to express my gratitude, as have others, for keeping us up to date. I like the idea of taking a moment for MID, would either of you happen to know when exactly his funeral is?

• Like 1

I originally posted this in the "Did we land on the Moon" thread, but I'll repeat it here:

Hello all. I wasn't even aware of this forum, or MID, until I read a post about MID's passing over at the ApolloHoax forum. I've read a good portion of his posts in this thread, and can see this forum has lost a very valuable and knowledgable member. My condolences to all of you who considered him a friend.
  • Like 1

I didn't personally know MID in the forums but all I've read here has me thinking of him as a man of strong character who had great faith in our capacity to reach to the stars and beyond. So I offer this tribute from the opening theme of Star Trek Enterprise, for a man with "faith of the heart".

[media=]

[/media] Edited by libstaK
  • Like 8

Thanks for posting that, libstak.

I took the time to reflect today, thinking back on our friend,...

Still cant believe it.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2