Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control 30 days later

AsteroidX

So we have Federal legislation coming down the pipeline that looks to be less then drastic because of the Senate/House makeup. No strong legislation will pass without a very unpopular EO.

SOOO....Now it falls onto states to decide there own gun legislation and its falling right into Blue/Red. The Blue states are moving fast to make gun control real while red states are loosening gun control in retaliation. Further polarizing this nation.

First shots are being fired across American legislative desks even now.

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-poised-1st-pass-post-massacre-gun-bill-181248937.html

The only issue in this is money and the unnatural love for guns. The wealth of the NRA dominates politics. Gun supporters get rock hard over guns. I think it is pretty clear cut...guns were designed to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...KILL. Period. End of discussion...there is no debate. Guns are designed to kill and if we keep them readily avalible to people, people will be killed at a very fast rate...a rate much faster than that done with a knife or a "hammer."

Edited by CommunitarianKevin
  • Like 1

I dont believe that is the only issue and Im not alone in believing that nor is it the end of the discussion. Guns are designed to do more then kill. They are a tool for many and a sport to many others. Hunting is engrained in American culture but is killing so ill aquiesce there. Have you ever shot an Elk with a .22 ? Lets just call it inhumane.

But anyways thanks for going straight offtopic.

• Like 1

The only issue in this is money and the unnatural love for guns. The wealth of the NRA dominates politics. Gun supporters get rock hard over guns. I think it is pretty clear cut...guns were designed to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...KILL. Period. End of discussion...there is no debate. Guns are designed to kill and if we keep them readily avalible to people, people will be killed at a very fast rate...a rate much faster than that done with a knife or a "hammer."

I dont believe that is the only issue and Im not alone in believing that nor is it the end of the discussion. Guns are designed to do more then kill. They are a tool for many and a sport to many others. Hunting is engrained in American culture but is killing so ill aquiesce there. Have you ever shot an Elk with a .22 ? Lets just call it inhumane.

But anyways thanks for going straight offtopic.

Straight off topic? This is about gun control right? And the NRA dominates that debate. I do not see how any of this is off topic.

Guns are designed to do more than kill? Like what? They are a tool? A tool to do what? If you want to argue that hunting is even needed, I would suggest a bow...Explain to me the purpose of killing an elk...

The NRA is supported by Law abiding Gun Owners. So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment. Sorry but theres mnay other high touting lobbying groups in Washington that push more agendas then the NRA. Big Pharm and Big Oil to name 2.

I was looking more for the legislation and how its projected to polarize gun control across blue/red states. But yeah its still about gun control.

A gun is a tool to a farmer. Wether its used to cull sick animals out of there herds humanely or keep predators from attacking there livestock. That falls under tool use.

And the purpose of killing an Elk is for the meat it provides a family which can last all winter. And many people use most of the elk for other things as well. Yes there's negligent, irresponsible hunters that have no business hunting but like I said Ill aquiesce that hunting is killing so no need to carry on that topic.

The NRA is supported by Law abiding Gun Owners. So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment. Sorry but theres mnay other high touting lobbying groups in Washington that push more agendas then the NRA. Big Pharm and Big Oil to name 2.

I was looking more for the legislation and how its projected to polarize gun control across blue/red states. But yeah its still about gun control.

A gun is a tool to a farmer. Wether its used to cull sick animals out of there herds humanely or keep predators from attacking there livestock. That falls under tool use.

And the purpose of killing an Elk is for the meat it provides a family which can last all winter. And many people use most of the elk for other things as well. Yes there's negligent, irresponsible hunters that have no business hunting but like I said Ill aquiesce that hunting is killing so no need to carry on that topic.

I will PM you as to not go off topic...if want the dicussion private so that no one else can be involved...fine.

I could care less. Im just more interested in current legislation at this point. The rest has been debated to death. Itleast in my circles. If youd like to discuss in Pm's Im good.

I could care less. Im just more interested in current legislation at this point. The rest has been debated to death. Itleast in my circles. If youd like to discuss in Pm's Im good.

So what will happen? Nothing...the NRA controls too much of our Congress. There will be no real change compared to what we have now. We will be having this same discussion when the next school gets shot up.

Its a tool---to kill.

Just as a hammer is a tool to nail nails.

Every tool has a purpose. The purpose of a gun is to kill

• Like 1

Your right Congress doesnt have the power to change the Laws of the 2nd Amendment which would likely be overturned by the Supreme Court anyways. Its much more scary that states are taking it on there own to make radically differing gun control laws. Its called the polarization of America.

Its freakin bad news for this country.

• Like 2

...and just as expected good old NY State was the first to hop on the bandwagon. :gun:

i like this part.

My starting point is not to worry about the politics," he said. "My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works."

yea, he sure does what works, lol. doing same useless **** was done in 1994 and think it would be different result this time, we have defenition for this action.

there is no mention about sickos walking around, or any mental health reform

• Like 2

Its not part of the raping of America Agenda

Its a tool---to kill.

Just as a hammer is a tool to nail nails.

Every tool has a purpose. The purpose of a gun is to kill

The purpose of a gun in the hands of upright and innocent citizens is self-defense from criminals who want to hurt or kill you, gun or not. Yes, even criminals from the government who can't pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it. *gasp!*

You want every woman protecting herself with a knife from every criminal goon with a gun because you don't want that criminal goon to die. WTF?!

Guns have been readily available and violent crime is at a 20-year low in this country. The facts don't matter to your opinion clearly, but they should matter to everyone else's. Where did this massed cowardice and blithering ignorance of our peoples' rights come from?

Turn off your TV set, turn off your internet gadget, go out and actually meet some people in the real world to help you clear up this insulting politically charged drivel about gun owners that the liberal soap box has clearly pounded into your brain like a hammer.

• Like 3

+1 ..............Im hoping we stick to the Legislation that is being pushed through like what happened in NY today and the new threats of EO's from the President and the downgrading of our Constitution especially if he gets anymore Supreme Court Justices appointed in this term.

Romney ran the wrong platform and I believe if the election were held today he would win hands down.

i like this part.

My starting point is not to worry about the politics," he said. "My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works."

yea, he sure does what works, lol. doing same useless **** was done in 1994 and think it would be different result this time, we have defenition for this action.

In NYS there is this: (once the idiots pass it today)

Section 48 of the bill amends the Penal Law to require that every

county recertify a gun license holder's license every five years.

Failure to recertify during this five year period equates to

revocation of the license. The section also adds bases for denial of

a license to an applicant, including connection of a felony or

serious offense, being presently subject to an order of protection;

and expands the criteria for denial based on an applicant's history

of mental illness.

They can require this, but it's against a person's rights to be re-tested to continue driving a vehicle past a certain age.

I can understand a background check for every gun purchase that requires it but seriously, this is rediculous.

• Like 2

that is no news to me, they do it in my city already,. every 3 years license renewal for handgun, and 4 years rifle.

it is says basicly same thing in nyc rules, about mental health. they just basicly taking parts of nyc rules and impose it on entire state.

you're right about driving after certain age. it is often more dangerous than same ppl own or even carry handguns.

The purpose of a gun in the hands of upright and innocent citizens is self-defense from criminals who want to hurt or kill you, gun or not. Yes, even criminals from the government who can't pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it. *gasp!*

Yes, but the way a gun protects you is by being designed to kill the person it is used on. Just as the purpose of a hammer is to help you build things by nailing nails.

You want every woman protecting herself with a knife from every criminal goon with a gun because you don't want that criminal goon to die. WTF?!

I have never said that. If after all these posts you think that is what I'm advocating, then please just stop commenting on what you "think" I want and leave me be.

Where exactly did Stellar post that? That every woman should do what you have just mentioned??

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Every man women and child should be ready to protect themselves with a blade.

Every man women and child should be ready to protect themselves with a blade.

Why would you hand any small child a blade? Unless of course you are being sarcastic ? lol