Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prone to violence

markdohle

Prone to violence

I am a man prone to violence. All of my life I have swam against this current, though it has often been difficult. I understand violence; I also understand that there is a part of me that desires love, healing and peace. I also believe that the so called cosmic war between good and evil is lived out in our own hearts and souls. Our cultures, I believe show us this inner struggle by its structures, both good and bad. For the outer human world is a reflection of our interiors.

I also believe that we are called to become more human, more loving... which means that our tendency towards violence needs to be dealt with in a manner that others, as well as each of us is not hurt or destroyed by our inner violence. Many succumb; perhaps we all do in one way or another. We are destroying our world, we destroy ourselves by our addictions and self destructive behavior....we also seek to heal our world and to seek social justice for others. Many get help to forestall their inner fragmentation, which takes a certain amount of inner courage I believe.

Jesus came to save us from this inner hell, not to condemn. It is grace that gives courage to go within and to take responsibility for ourselves, admit, and see healing, forgiveness and yes grace. The new life that Jesus calls us to, I believe, is the death to this inner aspect of ourselves that seeks to dominate others and to make ourselves the center, the true north so to speak...which is at rock bottom a lie.

Edited by markdohle

A good movie you might enjoy is "The Life of Pi".... it explores issues of spirituality and human brutality. I think we all have the tendency to commit violence especially under certain circumstances.

• Like 1

A good movie you might enjoy is "The Life of Pi".... it explores issues of spirituality and human brutality. I think we all have the tendency to commit violence especially under certain circumstances.

Thank you, I will get the DVD when it comes out.

peace

mark