Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

South African woman gored by rhino

Still Waters

A South African woman on safari was seriously injured when a rhinoceros gored her in the back moments after a game park owner allegedly suggested she stand closer to the animal for a photo.

http://www.telegraph...d-by-rhino.html

How unforunate for that poor girl. People seem to forget how dangerous wild animals can be, especially something as massive and powerful as a Rhino. They seem to think if the animal lets them close, theyre friendly or unthreatened...I always think to myself its a miracle Jane Goodall never had her face ripped off by those primates.

What an awful thing to happen, especially as when enjoying such a beautiful thing as nature and all it's creations. As Phoenix stated, people often forget how dangerous wild animals are. They are WILD, not tamed beasts. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the couple and hopefully some form of punishment for the game park owner.

• Like 2

They should put the park owner in jail. That was really stupid a move.

• Like 1

She is lucky to still be alive after that. People are to trusting around wild animals

• Like 1

A South African woman on safari was seriously injured when a rhinoceros gored her in the back moments after a game park owner allegedly suggested she stand closer to the animal for a photo.

Got to wonder sometimes about some peoples ignorance towards wild animals, if the game park owner had told her to put her hand in its mouth I wonder if she actually would without question.

I hope she recovers well and if ever goes on another safari, does not try to stroke the lions.

• Like 1