Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Natalie Wood possibly bruised before death

Big Bad Voodoo

The case took another twist Monday when officials released a 10-page addendum to Wood's 1981 autopsy that cites unexplained bruises and scratches on Wood's face and arms as significant factors that led to officials changing her death certificate last year from a drowning to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57563898/report-natalie-wood-possibly-bruised-before-death/

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-01-14-natalie-wood-20130115,0,6854742.story

I really wonder about this case. I am confused why this is not affecting the two men with her at the time. Wealthy actors do get away with a lot.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

I really wonder about this case. I am confused why this is not affecting the two men with her at the time. Wealthy actors to get away with a lot.

Patience...

Im sure ,now when case is re-open, that justice will be done.

• Like 1

Bruises on Wood's arms, a scratch on her neck and superficial abrasions to the actress' face may have occurred before Wood ended up in the waters

========================================================================

maybe hitting the side of the boat on her way down caused this. She had been drinking heavily beforehand, but what is this going to achieve? the arrest of Robert Wagner, Christopher Walken and the boat captain?

• Like 1

Davern is doing everything he can to get 82 year old Robert Wagner front and center and charged with his wife's death.

She was drunk, over 3 times the legal limit. She couldn't swim. She was wearing a nightgown.

She fell overboard and drowned.

It's sad but it happens all the time.

Just because you're a movie star makes no difference.

• Like 2

Davern is doing everything he can to get 82 year old Robert Wagner front and center and charged with his wife's death.

She was drunk, over 3 times the legal limit. She couldn't swim. She was wearing a nightgown.

She fell overboard and drowned.

Her blood alcohol was 0.14. Toxicology showed medication for sea sickness and also painkillers.

Add to those tox. results the circumstance that when pulled from the water, Wood had worn coat over her nightgown. Well, obviously, she'd purposefully- for some reason- left her room to go out of doors after she'd already dressed for bed.

I don't know if authorities are trying to make a name for themselves or what, but I've found this whole thing ludicrous...and appalling, and quite disturbing.

Citizens should be outraged that authorities are ignoring other cases- cases where murderers are still roaming the streets looking for more victims!

It's stunning that the manner has been changed to undetermined considering the basis for such.

They cite injuries to the body...well, manner can't be determined anatomically, and they have no evidence that those injuries weren't associated with the drowning! Now, had she not been on a boat, that would change the circumstance (although I still don't find those injuries at all consistent with an assault- most notable bruises were to rt. forearm, rt. knee, and rt. ankle) but the fact is, she came off of a 60' yacht!

Anyway, I don't know how they managed it, but they got the manner changed to undetermined.

Bottom line..."undetermined" ain't gonna get 'em where they're tryin' to go and the reason is because they have no evidence of a homicide. Undetermined serves to highlight that fact because apparently, in consideration of whatever evidence authorities took to their new coroner, he still couldn't call it homicide.

• Like 3

Why are we still dwelling on this case in the first place?

I agree let the dead rest

• Like 1

regi, I agree that someone is trying to make a name for themselves. I do not believe Robert Wagner hit her and either deliberately or accidentally sent her overboard which is basically what this new inquiry is saying. Chris Walken has spoken about the incident once, many years ago. He said it was an accident and he was there. If Davern was so concerned about Wood, then why the hell didn't he go searching for her? He pulls out the Nazi excuse, I was just following orders.

• Like 2

Here you go, regi. Apparently, Wagner has basically told this latest bunch of investigators to bugger off. He 's co-operated with LE and everyone else for 30 years and he has nothing left to say.

Good for him.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/01/18/13/01/wagner-ducks-new-natalie-wood-inquiry

• Like 3

Here you go, regi. Apparently, Wagner has basically told this latest bunch of investigators to bugger off. He 's co-operated with LE and everyone else for 30 years and he has nothing left to say.

Good for him.

http://news.ninemsn....ie-wood-inquiry

Good for Robert Wagner.

Good for him.

http://news.ninemsn....ie-wood-inquiry

Yes, good for him. What do they expect him to say now?

Let it go. She died accidentally. There is no "proof beyond reasonable doubt" therefore Robert and Chris are innocent under western "Westminster" based law and by common law standards. Leave R and C alone and let N rest in peace.

I do not believe Robert Wagner hit her and either deliberately or accidentally sent her overboard which is basically what this new inquiry is saying.

Actually, Antilles, they aren't saying that. They're suspecting foul play, but they've also stated that Wagner and Walken aren't suspects!

Well, that leaves one person to suspect... unless they think there was foul play sometime after Wood left the yacht.

Here's an article from 2011 which recounts what Walken had said in a '97 interview regarding the circumstances of that night, which btw, correlates (and to my knowledge, has always correlated and remained consistent) with Wagner's statements re: that night.

http://www.hollywood...r-walken-263792

Edited by regi

If Natalie Wood had been Mrs Joe Blow the case would be ended. No, you're quite right, no-one is going to come out and say that Wagner did anything to her but that's the way it's reading.

http://www.hollywood...gation/48409720

The coroner who has re-opened the case because of Davern's accusations worked on the Simpson/Goldman murder case. I think he likes seeing his name up in lights.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...-questions.html

Detectives have spoken to other actors to learn more about their relationship.

Lt Corina said the latest inquiry had turned up new evidence.

It is up to prosecutors to go ahead with a new case.

A quick look at the article. No-one else except Wagner is being looked at, regi.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...-questions.html

Detectives have spoken to other actors to learn more about their relationship.

Lt Corina said the latest inquiry had turned up new evidence.

It is up to prosecutors to go ahead with a new case.

A quick look at the article. No-one else except Wagner is being looked at, regi.

Of course, you're right, Antilles. That's not what they're "officially" stating, but clearly, there's no other plausible conclusion but that they're looking at Wagner.

You know, I'm continually disgusted in the way the media eats this stuff up. I'm reminded of what Joe McGinniss said in that article he wrote about the MacDonald hearing, particularly the last sentence.

"The media hyped the sensational claims made by MacDonald's lawyers and by Mr. Morris in advance of the hearing, but the cameras and reporters went elsewhere once witnesses began serving up factual meat and potatoes. It takes effort to chew, swallow and digest a complex hunk of fact, while speculation, accusation and innuendo melt in the mouth like cotton candy."

Yep...like cotton candy!

She and her co-stars in "Rebel Without a Cause", Sal Mineo and James Dean, all died young under strange circumstances. The movie was cursed! :ph34r:

She and her co-stars in "Rebel Without a Cause", Sal Mineo and James Dean, all died young under strange circumstances. The movie was cursed! :ph34r:

I don't think the movie was cursed. If you believe in such things, then you could, certainly, say that about Dean, Wood and Mineo.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my first screen actor "crush" was Robert Wagner, I followed this tragic accident closely when it happened. I saw in an earlier post a mention of Christopher Walken and his role and it made me remember back to an article I read written by Lana, Natalie's sister soon after the accident. In it her love an admiration for Natalie was so evident but one of the topics she discussed was that as talented as Natalie was, that talent did not go so far in regard to picking men. She made her distaste for two of the men Warren Beatty and Christopher Walken known without reservation. In the article she said that Warren Beatty had gone so far as to try and seduce her, Lana, between the age of 12 and 14. At a time he was involved with Natalie. She went on to say that Christopher Walken had spent his entire time at Natalie's funeral in the restroom, smoking pot. Her comments seemed so heartfelt, I never watched a movie with those two actors again. Most pertinent perhaps to this discussion, she had nothing really negative to say about Robert W. and that fits with the last comment I read from Lana when this matter was brought up again. Her recent quote was pretty close to, "I don't think RJ would have ever purposely hurt Natalie, but ....things happen."

I just add this because of Lana's knowledge of the players. Sounded to me quite consistent in the fact she felt Robert W. loved Natalie and if there was some type of involvement that it was an accident.

• Like 1

Why are we still dwelling on this.She was drunk off her ass. She could have falling before going into the water. Forenic's weren't as good as they are now.

• Like 2

Well, good knight, and please understand, I don't think she was drunk off her ass....Please understand... It was never, ever me.. but I had a good friend .. LOL.. really..... but my friend had a DUI at 3.5 and she was about Natalie's size... and she remembered everything about it.. She had been a fashion buyer and spent a lot of time in the New York buying experience.. 1.8 for a drinker is not that high.... Yeah... I know... I am not condoning or saying she should have been driving about... but in view of Natalie's size that's only about 3 drinks within about 2 hours... Really I'm not trying to be silly but the body learns to accommodate... I don't think 1.8 was that high in view of her Hollywood experience ...The drinking paired with the drugs, I don't know.. But when they started the legal limit thing.. . It started at 1.5...

Let hre rest in peace and let the family end their mourning. Openingold wounds isn't going to help them, and they aren't ever going to find any conclusive evidence one way or another.

Since my first screen actor "crush" was Robert Wagner, I followed this tragic accident closely when it happened. I saw in an earlier post a mention of Christopher Walken and his role and it made me remember back to an article I read written by Lana, Natalie's sister soon after the accident. In it her love an admiration for Natalie was so evident but one of the topics she discussed was that as talented as Natalie was, that talent did not go so far in regard to picking men. She made her distaste for two of the men Warren Beatty and Christopher Walken known without reservation. In the article she said that Warren Beatty had gone so far as to try and seduce her, Lana, between the age of 12 and 14. At a time he was involved with Natalie. She went on to say that Christopher Walken had spent his entire time at Natalie's funeral in the restroom, smoking pot. Her comments seemed so heartfelt, I never watched a movie with those two actors again. Most pertinent perhaps to this discussion, she had nothing really negative to say about Robert W. and that fits with the last comment I read from Lana when this matter was brought up again. Her recent quote was pretty close to, "I don't think RJ would have ever purposely hurt Natalie, but ....things happen."

I just add this because of Lana's knowledge of the players. Sounded to me quite consistent in the fact she felt Robert W. loved Natalie and if there was some type of involvement that it was an accident.

Absolutely. If you'd expect anyone to jump up and down about Natalie Wood's death you would expect it to be her sister. Davern had his chance 30 years ago and I don't for one minute buy the I'm wracked with guilt blurb. He wants money. And the Coroner wants his next 15 minutes of fame.