Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Few evp questions

coriverson

I'm curious about evp, so I tried to record some with my video camera. I set my camera to record in the basement of my aunt's house. The house was built in 1920 and had several owners but no history of haunting. I set to record while my aunt went shopping. I set my camera on the furnace and left the house for about an hour. Later I played back the footage and listened for anything, and it was just silence and some faint static. Then I heard the furnace kick on and I could hear a radio station playing, it was some country station. As soon as the furnace kicked off the it stopped picking up the station. Would that be considered an evp or just interference? Why would a furnace running turn my camera into an antenna? If it is interference is there a way to insulate against it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolguy

• Ashotep

• CakeOrDeath

• coriverson

Top Posters In This Topic

That was definitely interference. First EVPs are make believe, generally (atleast EVERY evp I have heard) are actually heard "through" static or feedback and generally are not clear in nature. In fact the most commonly used methods of recording "EVPS" are using various failed versions of a Faraday Cage, Frank's box etc. They rely on whitenoise and/or cycling through staticy radio stations for false positives.

I don't know what caused it but it is strange. Might see if it happens again. I could always get better cell phone reception sitting underneath the umbrella that was over a steel and glass table.

Dont put the video camera on the oil burner.get a digital voice recoder this will work better.

I have got many evps this way.