Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reality Check: 5 Risks of Raw Vegan Diet

Render

On the road to good health, there are many forks. Some paths, such as vegetarianism or the Mediterranean diet, have considerable science supporting them. Others, such as the vegan or plant-based diet, which shuns all animal products including eggs and dairy, are winning converts.

And then there's a new offshoot, the raw vegan diet, which deems cooking to be unnatural and unhealthy.

An increasing number of celebrities — most recently, tennis sensation Venus Williams — swear by this diet as the best way to prevent and reverse diseases and to stay young and vital. Testimonials from ordinary folks are endless, boasting advantages along the lines of having more energy, better skin, improved relationships with woodland creatures and so on.

http://www.livescience.com/26278-risks-raw-vegan-diet.html

ehat about the risk of being turned into a pretentious moralising merchant banker?

• Like 1

Probably got paid by pharmaceutical companies to write this. lol

The fact is raw food people know everything he said, that's why most of them (us as I eat a lot of raw food) also cook certian foods like spinach. Spinach has evolved to make itself to not release nutrients when eaten raw to avoid being eaten in the wild. So you steam it slightly and then eat it.

This article is just saying what most people know who have a mainly raw food diet.

Lots of people have healed themselves on this and it annoys the hell out out of big pharmaceutical companies.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Probably got paid by pharmaceutical companies to write this. lol

The fact is raw food people know everything he said, that's why most of them (us as I eat a lot of raw food) also cook certian foods like spinach. Spinach has evolved to make itself to not release nutrients when eaten raw to avoid being eaten in the wild. So you steam it slightly and then eat it.

This article is just saying what most people know who have a mainly raw food diet.

Lots of people have healed themselves on this and it annoys the hell out out of big pharmaceutical companies.

Y

I really hope you are trying to be funny.

Y

I really hope you are trying to be funny.

With which part exactly?

Do you trust pharmaceutical companies?

I sure as hell don't:

• Like 1

There was an interesting Horizon program that looked at what cooking brought to the table in mans evolution. Basically it released more of the nutreints from the food which allowed man to spend less time eating/foraging and consequently more time do more creative things.

Cooked vegan is a challenge to get a balanced diet, and I am almost certain that raw vegan makes it even harder. We have been through millions of years of evolution to arrive at a balanced omnivourous diet and that is what will keep us in best physical condition. I think about 10% meat is probably about optimum.

Having said that, I am vegetarian for ethical and sustainability reasons - but I believe this is only a realistic option because I can draw on foods from across the globe, and the accumulated knowledge of a 100 years of scientific research in order to balance my diet to this unnatural form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00r9svk

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

With which part exactly?

I sure as hell don't:

I'm so confused .

wink wink

Edited by Simbi Laveau

With which part exactly?

I sure as hell don't:

[media=]

[/media]

Couldn't find anything about execs or anyone in France actually being arrested over this.

Only that Bayer made statement after statement that this medicine was developed with donor blood, before adequate testing for HIV was available.

Inaccurate sensational news reports are of no value.

There was an interesting Horizon program that looked at what cooking brought to the table in mans evolution. Basically it released more of the nutreints from the food which allowed man to spend less time eating/foraging and consequently more time do more creative things.

Cooked vegan is a challenge to get a balanced diet, and I am almost certain that raw vegan makes it even harder. We have been through millions of years of evolution to arrive at a balanced omnivourous diet and that is what will keep us in best physical condition. I think about 10% meat is probably about optimum.

Having said that, I am vegetarian for ethical and sustainability reasons - but I believe this is only a realistic option because I can draw on foods from across the globe, and the accumulated knowledge of a 100 years of scientific research in order to balance my diet to this unnatural form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00r9svk

Br Cornelius

Thanks for this, seems interesting.

Couldn't find anything about execs or anyone in France actually being arrested over this.

Only that Bayer made statement after statement that this medicine was developed with donor blood, before adequate testing for HIV was available.

Inaccurate sensational news reports are of no value.

They got away with it because they can. That is the only reason.

That whole this is a common fact and Bayer do not deny it. They are the reason Aids/HIV is such a problem in Africa.

• 2 months later...

i know this girl she is a vegan. and she told me to become a vegan it would make u live to 100 lol.

i was like why would i wanna live to be 100. i dont want no body changeing my dipaers lol.

if i die young so what

• Like 1

A raw vegan diet sounds horribly boring. It was hard enough giving up gluten which I have a sensitivity to. Even if it did increase lifespan, I wouldn't go on a raw vegan diet. Who wants to live forever? I sure as hell don't. Quality of quantity.

• Like 1

I eat a lot of veggies but mostly they are cooked. I'm not giving up meat though. I would love to live to be 100 if its in my own house and not in a nursing home.