Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apparently Obama's Not the Only One

and-then

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/16/us/oregon-sheriff-gun-laws/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Interesting development. I plan to donate money to these guys if the Feds descend on them. I expect just such grass roots movements to start all over this country. If the sheep want to turn in their guns, let them. Mine? Well...... they're right here....come and get them if it's REALLY that important to you.

• Like 5

I've changed my opinion on this one. I say good for you for holding on to your rights before they are all taken away.

I do hope that all of this doesn't end in more useless bloodshed. But it won't be the fault of the people defending what is theirs.

• Like 3

What happens when your state already passed the law that the Feds want? How do local Sheriff's handle things then if they are against it?

Point and case: NY State (my state :hmm: ) - The Gov. passed the bill into law yesterday.

But hey, at least NY can now have bragging rights that we were the first to pass the harshest gun laws in the nation after the Newton shootings. Way to go! :whistle:

But hey, at least NY can now have bragging rights that we were the first to pass the harshest gun laws in the nation after the Newton shootings. Way to go! :whistle:

It'll be nice to be 100% free of gun crime now! Let us know how that works out for you guys.

• Like 2

I'm all for getting rid of the government, police, firemen, laws... EVERYTHING. Just get rid of it all and let people do whatever they want. FREEDOM is all there is.

It'll be nice to be 100% free of gun crime now! Let us know how that works out for you guys.

LOL - glad you saw my sarcasm there. :D Yep, all them criminals will be sure to turn in their weapons now.

I'm all for getting rid of the government, police, firemen, laws... EVERYTHING. Just get rid of it all and let people do whatever they want. FREEDOM is all there is.

That's called Anarchy not freedom. B)

• Like 4

Gun control may stop gun crime, but it seems other cimes increase.

According to fox news, crime in the US is down 49% and gun crime is down 49%.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

What happens when your state already passed the law that the Feds want? How do local Sheriff's handle things then if they are against it?

Point and case: NY State (my state :hmm: ) - The Gov. passed the bill into law yesterday.

Our law is the harshest,because of who our ****face mayor is .

No law ever kept guns out of the hands that wanted them.

This will just create a whole new black market ,making bad guy richer .

Fail

• Like 2

We pay firemen hoping they don't have to do their real job.

Don't forget our government sold to mexican drug cartels.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

People of the country > States > Federal Government

I applaud this sheriff.

• Like 4

Good to see a few principled lawmen taking a stand. Reminds me of the spirit of the Oath Keepers. :tu:

There is a site called AR15.com that has a thread titled "Cops against gun bans" that is very interesting. I frequent a site that is for LEO, I won't mention it here because it is mostly only for LEO, but most don't want any guns bans. They have very strong opinions about citizens being able to protect themselves. I think the people on the streets, seeing what they do every day, have a better grasp of the situation than any politician does with their armed guards.

Sorry, I'm having trouble providing links lately.

• Like 1

I've changed my opinion on this one. I say good for you for holding on to your rights before they are all taken away.

I do hope that all of this doesn't end in more useless bloodshed. But it won't be the fault of the people defending what is theirs.

Mind if I ask whats changed your mind? IIRC you've been pretty harsh about gun rights.

It is my right to own a gun for the protection of my family and myself, so I am with you on this. This is treasonous.

• Like 1

Some states are saying they will arrest or Federal agents trying to enforce gunban laws. I dont know what to tell you New York. But on avarage it takes 8 years to completely turn over a legislature you are unhappy with and then repeal unpopular items.

• Like 1

i live in new york also.its a shame to hurt good people from geting guns.bad guys can get any gun they want with a few phone calls. And if i go to gun show there is a ton of red tape.

• Like 1