Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog turns up to dead owner's church every day

Still Waters

Two months after his owner died, a dog in Italy keeps turning up each day at the church she used to attend.

Ciccio, a 12-year-old German shepherd, waits in vain in front of the altar of the Santa Maria Assunta church in the village of San Donaci in the southern region of Puglia.

He heads to the church as soon as the bells begin to ring each afternoon, just as he did for years when his owner was alive.

http://www.telegraph...-every-day.html

• Like 3

Reminds me of the Hachiko, the Japanese Akita that showed up everyday at a train station waiting for his master, even 9 years after his death.

If I died, I can just imagine my cats shrugging their shoulders then going back to sleep.

Edited by PlanB
  • Like 5

Dogs can be so devoted to their owners especially after a long relationship. If it were possible they should bury the dog with the owner because I bet the owner loved the dog. Sometimes you can feel closer to your dog than anyone else.

• Like 4

I hope Mr Walker sees this thread so he can provide a "logical explanation" as to why the dog goes to the church ;)

• Like 2

I hope someone befriends he poor dog.

I hope someone befriends he poor dog.

Me too, I hope he is making lots of friends and being shown much affection. It won't bring his owner back but it will lift his spirits and give him a more fruitful reason to be at that church.

It breaks my heart to think of him pining for her every day :cry: .

• Like 2

Dogs are fully devoted to their friendship with humans and they are probably the best friends we could have...

• Like 2

This why you should have a plan for your pets if something should happen to you. I know who is going to take the dog and the cat. They will have homes.

• Like 3

Wow, what a great story. Tugs at my "heart-strings"

Wow, what a great story. Tugs at my "heart-strings"

I sent it to a coworker and he came up with a kleenex in his hand and told me to stop making him cry at work ^_^
  • Like 2

If I died, I can just imagine my cats shrugging their shoulders then going back to sleep.

Testing to see how much his cat cares:

tumblr_inline_mgqhklzjYf1qhv088.gif

• Like 6

This just go's to show you how loving dogs are remember dog backwards is god. :yes:

I would like to correct wimflopp on his ignorant comment concerning Greyfriars Bobby.. Firstly , learn to spell his name correctly, secondly, as a former student and resident of Edinburgh, I can assure him or her that not only did Bobby exist, but he was given the freedom of Edinburgh, a very rare honour even for a human being. Also, I was the artist who painted his official portrait, just after Walt Disney made the film of his life. If wimfloppp cares to check with the historical and legal records in Edinburg, he may find to his surprise, that Greyfriars Bobby is not simply a myth to atract tourists to Edinburgh, but is a real once apon a time historical hero... so shove that in your pipe of ignorance and smoke it!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I believe it grey friar bobby to be a myth too was made up as a publicity stunt with trained dogs, you should know this if you were commissioned as artist????

is it me or is there a crazy face in that pic above the dog?

Edited by mesuma

A dogs love knows no boundery. I was this on the new again last night.

Testing to see how much his cat cares:

tumblr_inline_mgqhklzjYf1qhv088.gif

Lol. Cats know when its real .

• Like 1