Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living for ever good or bad?

spartan max2

I have taken care of my body most of my life work out,eat healthy,take enough vitamins and supplements to nauseate most lol.Still the body breaks down,have also seen to many bad things this world has to offer and cannot reset the brain.So i would have to say bad idea!

In changing the world, I would think that if people genuinely lived for 30,000 years or more, that's more than enough time for people to comprimise on what changes they want to make and see and do..

30,000 is more than enough, its getting past the first initial compromise bits which is the issue, if man can get past that without killing those in opposition first, then there may be some hope, sadly, i can not see it.

I also think that if man needs even 10,000 years to find a way of living side by side without being under control from a communist government, then thats still shows we have a long way to go.

• Like 1

Yup, surprises me too.

A lot of ppl have been so influenced by hollywood, they can't even think about anything else anymore.

Hollywood? so all the wars of the past and of today are actually just a creation of Quentin Tarantino?

Edited by freetoroam

How many of those who want immortality, do not even know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon?

yeah i was thinking regenerative when i made this post. Idk it seems the most likely to me.

Memory is a funny thing, the way one can color things to accommodate the ego. Imagine how distorted events would become when filtered through the years of our life's recollections.

What would be the purpose of being immortal? why cant the purpose be just to live and enjoy it? lol

Good question, but what you're asking defies human nature 110%. :whistle:

30,000 is more than enough, its getting past the first initial compromise bits which is the issue, if man can get past that without killing those in opposition first, then there may be some hope, sadly, i can not see it.

I also think that if man needs even 10,000 years to find a way of living side by side without being under control from a communist government, then thats still shows we have a long way to go.

The compromise bit actually was something that I knew would never go away, it would always be there beneath the surface but controlled at an individual level. If we don't like the way of life of other people we need to learn to let them live their way, and not push our ideals and morals on them. That was how it worked. So what if your neighbours are members of a crazy voodo cult.. that's their problem, not yours.. There is only one thing everyone in the world would need to learn in order for a truce to exist between neighbours, colegues, countries, governments... Do not force your views on others.. it's that simple, well, it seemed that simple from my perspective..

The compromise bit actually was something that I knew would never go away, it would always be there beneath the surface but controlled at an individual level. If we don't like the way of life of other people we need to learn to let them live their way, and not push our ideals and morals on them. That was how it worked. So what if your neighbours are members of a crazy voodo cult.. that's their problem, not yours.. There is only one thing everyone in the world would need to learn in order for a truce to exist between neighbours, colegues, countries, governments... Do not force your views on others.. it's that simple, well, it seemed that simple from my perspective..

if only it was that simple! many do not want to voice their views on others, but sometimes they have to if the ways of others are affecting their way of life.

if everyone thought the same and felt the same and followed the same rules, then how can you have individual beings?

Does this mean there will be no religion? because people follow religions when hearing the views of others, be it by ear or reading it in the religious books themselves. All religions are based on the views of others.

if only it was that simple! many do not want to voice their views on others, but sometimes they have to if the ways of others are affecting their way of life.

lol, that is because "someone" is forcing their view on others.

if everyone thought the same and felt the same and followed the same rules, then how can you have individual beings?

lol, you've missed the point.. People would be free to be whoever they want to be. The only individual rule was do not force your views on others.

Does this mean there will be no religion? because people follow religions when hearing the views of others, be it by ear or reading it in the religious books themselves. All religions are based on the views of others.

again, you've missed the point, or are unable to see topics from another perspective..

do not force your views on others.. mean's I will not force you to understand this..

lol, that is because "someone" is forcing their view on others.

lol, you've missed the point.. People would be free to be whoever they want to be. The only individual rule was do not force your views on others.

again, you've missed the point, or are unable to see topics from another perspective..

do not force your views on others.. mean's I will not force you to understand this..

I understand it, but can`t see it ever working, peoples cultures, morals, religions, fashion, political opinion, all make up part of their views.

People want their views to be heard, but we live in a world were not everyone will agree with them....there is a difference between forcing ones views on others and expressing ones views to others....... the difference is, it is only seen as being forced when someone disagrees and completely objects when trying to be convinced by those "expressing" their view.

• Like 1

Memory is a funny thing, the way one can color things to accommodate the ego. Imagine how distorted events would become when filtered through the years of our life's recollections.

Yeah

You'd ever end up thinking you were some kind of God or descend into insanity lol

immortality, ? Under what rules? As a diabetic with a bunch of other problems as well if i live long enough i would / will loose my legs, my arms my sight my hearing. granted eventually at some point in the futuredue to medical advances these will not be a problem, but i have no desire to live like that for a century or two before medical sciences catch up with my medical requirements much less a year. Without a constant adventure new worlds to explore and continious new things to experience Life would become boring very quickly,

and as my life presently stands .......

NO i would not want to live forever

edited to add

and i cannot even imagine having to work for a living for two or three hundred thousand years for the same idiot ( be that idiot myself or anyone else who fits the word's meaning.)

Edited by mysticwerewolf

I understand it, but can`t see it ever working, peoples cultures, morals, religions, fashion, political opinion, all make up part of their views.

People want their views to be heard, but we live in a world were not everyone will agree with them....there is a difference between forcing ones views on others and expressing ones views to others....... the difference is, it is only seen as being forced when someone disagrees and completely objects when trying to be convinced by those "expressing" their view.

You are quite correct that there is a difference between expressing ones views and imposing them on others. However the difference is not born out if someone disagrees with said opinion.. For instance, this discussion is not an argument, nor am I imposing my point of view. If an individual's point of view is so self rightious that he or she feels they must force it upon others then we cross the broundary between expression & force.. Having a goldren rule of "Do not force your view on others" does however hinder freedom of expression, because it would make one think very carefully before expressing their points of view to ensure what is said is expression & not force..

Anyhow, have gone slightly off topic.. & I'm not sure if I've explained this correctly.. It's the kind of weirdness one can better understand if one is vacumming in a world where one will live for 30,000 years.. lol.. Another piece of the weidness I guess, is that even thoughts seem to slow down and take their time..

immortality, ? Under what rules? As a diabetic with a bunch of other problems as well if i live long enough i would / will loose my legs, my arms my sight my hearing. granted eventually at some point in the futuredue to medical advances these will not be a problem, but i have no desire to live like that for a century or two before medical sciences catch up with my medical requirements much less a year. Without a constant adventure new worlds to explore and continious new things to experience Life would become boring very quickly,

and as my life presently stands .......

NO i would not want to live forever

edited to add

and i cannot even imagine having to work for a living for two or three hundred thousand years for the same idiot ( be that idiot myself or anyone else who fits the word's meaning.)

You do realise they've found a cure for diabetes.

Calroie restriction - http://blog.livingthecrway.com/2012/type-2-diabetes-can-be-cured-by-calorie-restriction-%E2%80%93-confirmed/ - for a few weeks!

You are quite correct that there is a difference between expressing ones views and imposing them on others. However the difference is not born out if someone disagrees with said opinion.. For instance, this discussion is not an argument, nor am I imposing my point of view. If an individual's point of view is so self rightious that he or she feels they must force it upon others then we cross the broundary between expression & force.. Having a goldren rule of "Do not force your view on others" does however hinder freedom of expression, because it would make one think very carefully before expressing their points of view to ensure what is said is expression & not force..

Anyhow, have gone slightly off topic.. & I'm not sure if I've explained this correctly.. It's the kind of weirdness one can better understand if one is vacumming in a world where one will live for 30,000 years.. lol.. Another piece of the weidness I guess, is that even thoughts seem to slow down and take their time..

if you do get to live for 30,000 years, can I recommend you get yourself a robot to do the vacumming for you, someone should have made one by then if there isn`t one already.. lol

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

if you do get to live for 30,000 years, can I recommend you get yourself a robot to do the vacumming for you, someone should have made one by then if there isn`t one already.. lol

I already have a wife for that hahaha.

Historical records indicate this king reigned for 43,200 years - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En-men-lu-ana

Edited by Mr Right Wing

With Diabetes control and cure are two different things, according to my present information there is no cure. I have bookmarked the site for further study and thank you for the info, but my Diabetic wieght gain didn't start until after i was diagnosed diabetic, not only am i resistant to insulin absorbsion but my pancrease has stopped making insulin, leaving only the tiny amout the liver produces, when i have the insulin i take 4 shots a day two different types of insulin twice a day at 50 units each shot. ( unless your medical personel or have some contact with diabetics you may not understand the term units, believe me when i say it is a LOT ) and that is when i am controlling what i eat.

and as i mentioned i would not want to live like that forever.

With Diabetes control and cure are two different things, according to my present information there is no cure. I have bookmarked the site for further study and thank you for the info, but my Diabetic wieght gain didn't start until after i was diagnosed diabetic, not only am i resistant to insulin absorbsion but my pancrease has stopped making insulin, leaving only the tiny amout the liver produces, when i have the insulin i take 4 shots a day two different types of insulin twice a day at 50 units each shot. ( unless your medical personel or have some contact with diabetics you may not understand the term units, believe me when i say it is a LOT ) and that is when i am controlling what i eat.

and as i mentioned i would not want to live like that forever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13887909

Ask your doctor about it to see if it might work for you

Well, personally I'd take the opportunity. There's always a way to die and only one chance to live. This is assuming the idea of never ageing, being constantly reborn doesn't sound quite as good.

But this is strictly speaking it was a one on one thing, not something available to everyone, quite frankly that would lead to many of the so far mentioned disasters and annual genocides planned and scheduled by governments turned dictatorships to keep population from instantly getting to the point where we live in apartments two meters square to make sure everyone has enough room. Not that it wont get to that.

Anyways, as for the cliche 'It'll get boring' and 'living forever is a curse' stuff; people will always invent a new console or video game to entertain you, heck, we're still waiting on the smellevision. You'll have plenty of time to go through phazes, try new trends and make your own, perfect skills and whatever. However, the one thing you'll never achieve is this 'perfect master of everything' people seem to think will happen, aside from new things coming around all the time you'll forget the last one as soon as you finish the next. That aside, if you wait long enough you'll forget what happened before and can relive what you already did and still find it fun. I wouldn't mind waiting to see what evolution turns out; maybe a second age of dinosaurs? There are plenty of things to unearth, by the time you've gone through a small fraction of them they'll have changed.

So I'd take the offer if some stranger or whatever gave it to me specifically, or some small and sparse group of individuals. Though I'm not sure I'd like waiting around for my name to be drawn for a genocide lottery.

• Like 1

Why would any body wanna live for ever.death is a wonderful journey i know iam looking forward to death ...i know that sounds wried lol

Hollywood? so all the wars of the past and of today are actually just a creation of Quentin Tarantino?

What was it that i said about thinking in terms of the future and not the past?

In your logic ppl in the beginning of the middle ages must've flipped out when they said we were gonna live to be a hundred...they would've had your logic. But humanity is doing pretty well in the grand scheme of things, quality of life is only improving. Try and think outside the box and not inside hollywood - there will only be choas and destruction - terms.

I already have a wife for that hahaha.

Historical records indicate this king reigned for 43,200 years - http://en.wikipedia....i/En-men-lu-ana

thats an awful lot of years!!

looking back it seems that Moses lived for 900 years, it seems many from the Bible lived for a few hundred years. maybe their years were a lot shorter than ours at the time, because as time goes on, those in the bible start living shorter and shorter lives.

What was it that i said about thinking in terms of the future and not the past?

In your logic ppl in the beginning of the middle ages must've flipped out when they said we were gonna live to be a hundred...they would've had your logic. But humanity is doing pretty well in the grand scheme of things, quality of life is only improving. Try and think outside the box and not inside hollywood - there will only be choas and destruction - terms.

You mentioned Hollywood. What I was saying was all the wars around the world are not a creation of Hollywood directed by Quentin, the wars of the past and today are real.

In my Logic ppl in the etc etc??? where are you getting all that bit from?

Yes quality of life is getting better...no doubt about that, but the wars around the world are not!

You mentioned Hollywood. What I was saying was all the wars around the world are not a creation of Hollywood directed by Quentin, the wars of the past and today are real.

In my Logic ppl in the etc etc??? where are you getting all that bit from?

Yes quality of life is getting better...no doubt about that, but the wars around the world are not!

You seem to not know a lot about history.

There were far more wars in history, through the ages more cooperations came to existence, look at Europe for example. More unities are being formed..try and use that in your -warfare forever- logic. We're slowly moving away from those things.

Agreed there is still a lot of warfare, but not to the same degree as before, surely you must understand is.