Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I feel empty inside

ReaperS_ParadoX

Perhaps a change of your avatar would help. Something happier, brighter with things in it that represent what you want in your life. A positive way to remember what you wish to achieve. It's a place to start.

lol I like my avatar :tu: The Great Chthulu :nw:

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

No way...to the contrary! The poster wanted to hear from those who've felt "empty inside" and you offered insight based on your own personal experience, and based on what little info there was to go on.

I saw this thread yesterday and was hesitant to comment because it was just too vague. Your response offered more to go on, and apart from that, it's interesting information which potentially could be very helpful to anyone reading it! :tu:

Though it dosn't alter the facts that he rejected the advice for not being relevant.

Tbh I wasn't focusing on the " empty inside" bit but the lack of emotion.

It just felt like classic Aspergers which is why I asked all the questions.

I wouldn't say crude and insensitive as such but just plain unfamiliarity.

At the time when I posted it I thought I was poking into his life too much.

It just felt a bit extreme which is why I just jumped in to apologise.

From now on I'm not going to be the guy who cried wolf.

For all you know a proper Aspie could stumble upon the boards but alas this thread will be lost in the mists of time.

I would love to have a face to face with him or her.

Sometimes depression simply means you need to change your life, same with apathy. (apathy isn't always a symptom of depression or other mental illness). Hell it could even simply be from a sleep disorder. I'd make a sleep journal honestly because doctors here insomnia and don't do jack but you document your sleeping patterns you might just provide something useful to the doctor. Sometimes sleep disorders are the cause of depression and apathy instead of being a symptom of either.

Apathy alone isn't a mental illness(Seriously there is a large selection of problems that cause apathy ), hence why I was blunt. (Not to mention that I been through it and still carry a bit of apathy with me).

Getting information from outside sources then talking them over with your doctor is a good idea.(Only the good ideas because my god there are a lot of bad ones out there) Believe it or not doctors are human, humans aren't infallible, which means doctors aren't infallible. (Heck I'm very far from infallible so consult with your doctor)

Except this thread started with the OP stating they were put on antidepressants but they made them feel sick. This is already a medical issue but one where it sounds the patient did not followup with their physician or clinic to get it right.

So of course they might accept your advice because it would mean they can stop trying with doctors but I don't think it will help to begin taking advice from the internet now.

The top part isn't advice, it is other things that cause apathy. He can take them to his doctor to discuss.

How can you have a discussion with your doctor if you have no previous knowledge of the subject. This topic was to learn a little knowledge. I just told him some things that lead to apathy. So now instead of saying hey the meds don't work to the doctor, he could say hey the meds don't work maybe I have a sleep disorder, instead of going from pill to pill until they find one that hopefully works.

The anti-depressants were giving by a doctor so there was no point for me to even mention them(besides the paragraph above) because that is something to discuss with his doctor.

Now the only advice in that quote was the last paragraph, which if followed means only one thing. Talking with your damn doctor.

Not just listen but consult, talk, discuss.