Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Mine

AZDZ

Lets start with the bad; I couldn't care less about the "Miners" and their issues, but I suppose they are necessary since their presence appears to cause the 'spirits' to stir and react. I'll be fast-forwarding though the segments regarding them and their 'life as a miner' drama. I do NOT want to hear about any 'Glory Hole' hole action going on - "We only got one bunk. HEHE "Snuggly-snuggly." Bleech!

The good; The ghost hunters established spirit presence. Their activity; tommyknocking to warn the miners of an impending cave-in was interesting enough for me to continue tuning in to see what happens next, for a while at least.

So I must have been the only person on the planet to see the premiere. lol Yeah, it's total crap.

Perhaps their next new series, (NOTORIOUS HAUNTINGS') premiering in the Spring will be better.

So I must have been the only person on the planet to see the premiere. lol Yeah, it's total crap.

Perhaps their next new series, (NOTORIOUS HAUNTINGS') premiering in the Spring will be better.

Here this might have some info...

First hour guests, paranormal investigators Kristen Luman and Patrick Doyle talked about their new Syfy TV series Ghost Mine.

Click to Skip Here: 00:08:39

http://youtu.be/xFtpWNjLyME

Edited by Mutagenic

Conveniently, there's no mention of the name of this mine "shut down 80 years ago". Think it's all a crock.

I caught the beginning of this. It kind of looked like the average scify spooky hunter show blended with a real jobs of miners kind of show.

I do like the notion of the crew hanging around for more than a few hours to check things out, but I'm not sure if there is really a whole seasons worth of material to be stretched out.

Here this might have some info...

First hour guests, paranormal investigators Kristen Luman and Patrick Doyle talked about their new Syfy TV series Ghost Mine.

Click to Skip Here: 00:08:39

<snip>

I actually saw the premier but it's interesting. Listening now, thank you. Oh yeah, their now on about the female being red headed - both are bad luck for an active mining site according to the miners but during an investigation she asked the ghosts if they disliked her presence - an EVP said NO. How about that, non-sexist ghost miners! lol

Conveniently, there's no mention of the name of this mine "shut down 80 years ago". Think it's all a crock.

"Crescent Mine" in "Sumter Oregon."

I caught the beginning of this. It kind of looked like the average scify spooky hunter show blended with a real jobs of miners kind of show.

I do like the notion of the crew hanging around for more than a few hours to check things out, but I'm not sure if there is really a whole seasons worth of material to be stretched out.

So far only six episodes (season one) are in the can. Not much of a time investment, for me at least.

I watched it and kind of liked the premise - probably because it's a bit different than the other shows.

But I'm still trying to figure out if it's really "reality TV" (whatever that means these days) or if it's a scripted drama.

• 1 month later...

The following contains some spoilers:

The funny thing is that Kristen Lumin, one of the paranormal investigation on this show, is a qualified actress.She's acted in two movies, Harvest of Fear (2004) and Spiral (2007), and while this doesn't mean the show isn't legit; it seriously looses credibility in my eyes. There was very little debunking going on in the show, or at least that I saw. They saw a shadow, so it HAD to be a spiritual entity. A TV turned on, off screen mind you, so it had to be paranormal. They heard a knocking sound, couldn't have been the wooden struts buckling. One of the miners runs off in search of a mysterious shadow, and starts chanting "I saw someone, someones down here." He couldn't have been crazy, or you know, a paid actor like everyone else in the show. :P

I find the whole show seems very scripted. Interesting, bur scripted. I mean, one of the miners leaves after hearing a Tommy Knocker? It seems a bit sketchy considering that they already said that they're only at that mine because they're going to go bankrupt otherwise. There are parts when the miners diologe seems to be totally scripted, and I find it takes away from the show.

Bloody Kristen Lumin is, like, the worse paranormal investigator ever. She sees a shadow, starts screaming and swearing. The TV turns on off camera (which seemed staged to me), starts screaming and swearing. She hears an unidentified noise, what does she do? She starts screaming and swearing.

And my last bone to pick with this show? The voice over guy.

"A family has been pushed to the brink by a paranormal presence in their home." Pffft! Their teenage son saw a shadow of a man, and apparently they're 'pushed to the brink'. I could understand if stuff started flying around the room, or someone was grabbed or something. But a shadow? One shadow? Ha!

"As Patrick and Kristen prepare to explore the abandoned mine, they can't help but wonder if the boards are placed to keep people out...or to keep something in." So apparently something can pass through solid rock, but not wooden planks... *shakes head in frustration*

• Like 1

IMO these so-called "reality shows" are anything but reality. It's all contrived Hollywood created 'male bovine feces'.

The following contains some spoilers:

The funny thing is that Kristen Lumin, one of the paranormal investigation on this show, is a qualified actress.She's acted in two movies, Harvest of Fear (2004) and Spiral (2007), and while this doesn't mean the show isn't legit; it seriously looses credibility in my eyes. There was very little debunking going on in the show, or at least that I saw. They saw a shadow, so it HAD to be a spiritual entity. A TV turned on, off screen mind you, so it had to be paranormal. They heard a knocking sound, couldn't have been the wooden struts buckling. One of the miners runs off in search of a mysterious shadow, and starts chanting "I saw someone, someones down here." He couldn't have been crazy, or you know, a paid actor like everyone else in the show. :P

I find the whole show seems very scripted. Interesting, bur scripted. I mean, one of the miners leaves after hearing a Tommy Knocker? It seems a bit sketchy considering that they already said that they're only at that mine because they're going to go bankrupt otherwise. There are parts when the miners diologe seems to be totally scripted, and I find it takes away from the show.

Bloody Kristen Lumin is, like, the worse paranormal investigator ever. She sees a shadow, starts screaming and swearing. The TV turns on off camera (which seemed staged to me), starts screaming and swearing. She hears an unidentified noise, what does she do? She starts screaming and swearing.

And my last bone to pick with this show? The voice over guy.

"A family has been pushed to the brink by a paranormal presence in their home." Pffft! Their teenage son saw a shadow of a man, and apparently they're 'pushed to the brink'. I could understand if stuff started flying around the room, or someone was grabbed or something. But a shadow? One shadow? Ha!

"As Patrick and Kristen prepare to explore the abandoned mine, they can't help but wonder if the boards are placed to keep people out...or to keep something in." So apparently something can pass through solid rock, but not wooden planks... *shakes head in frustration*

If you do some Googling you'll find some interesting facts about the show and those involved. I did this a couple of weeks back and was going to post it all, but just go lazy.

Yes, the female investigator is a professional actress.

The male investigator is famous for DEBUNKING paranormal shows and has been quoted as saying they are all fake. Apparently he had a skeptic show a few years back that ran a couple of episodes, but he's most famous for his blogs/podcats - which have all been removed, but can still be found if you look hard enough.

It appears that many fans gave up on the show following the incident with the 9 year old girl going missing and the bad acting and poor camera work that followed - really convinced folks that it was heavily scripted.

One interesting tidbit I found was on a treasure hunting website where they were critiquing their mining activity - most thought it was pretty legit, but there were some glaring and quite dangerous errors made by the "experienced" miners.

Lastly, an elected councilwoman from the town claimed that most of the mining footage was shot at a mine about 90 miles away from the one featured in the show.

Like I said, this is all out there and I found it pretty easily.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the show is pure unadulterated crap. I saw the preview for it and I would not waste any of my time watching Ghost Mine.

Ya, i never gave it a go either, I really only watch My Ghost Story and Paranormal Witness. But sometimes i find myself skipping shows cuz i think its boring, or same old same crap