Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something there

MissJatti

In 1990 me and my brother, sister and both parents moved into a new location, I was seven at that time. The house itself was old, but not that old..Hmm I am guessing some time after World War 2, perhaps 1960's.

Everything was splendid living in the house, no problems at all. Until one day, my brother moved out, and I had his bedroom. During the day, his bedroom (which is now mine,) was normal, and absolutely fine. I must of been 12-13, when I had my brothers bedroom.

Now I had his bedroom, at night spooky and unexplainable things start to happen. I would go to bed really earlier, so I could avoid the events, that were about to come. To be honest, everybody in my family would go to bed really early, and everybody including me would shut the door when sleeping. My brother on the other hand came home rather late, either from work or from a night out. But he too would shut the door prior to sleeping. We all knew he comes home rather late, but he never startled anybody upon arriving. He was very discrete, to the point where nobody knew if he'd came in.

The chains of events happened, when my brother left and I had his room. Since I went to bed and start sleeping early, I would just wake up, I'd say after midnight, and felt a dark presence in the house. At first the feeling was so horrible terrifying, frightening at this unexplainable feeling. (But over the years, I got use to it.) I could hear shuffling down stairs, from the hallway and into the living room. In the living room, was mums sewing machine. I heard somebody turned the sewing machine on, and started sewing. After a minute or two, the sewing machine stopped. Then I heard someone shuffling from the living room, into the kitchen. One by one, all the appliances in the kitchen turned on and few minutes later turned off. First the microwave, on, few minutes later off. Then the toaster, on, few minutes later off Not until all the appliances in the kitchen was turned on, used, then turned off, I heard a few of the kitchen cabinets opening, then shutting quite forcefully. I heard the dishes were being used, then possibly been washed. Soon after that I heard shuffling to the kitchen, and into the guest room. In the guest room. I could hear the TV being turned on to a channel, few moments later, the TV turned off. After that the shuffling happened, out of the guest room, and into the study room. In the study room, I heard the computer turned on, I heard the clicks and the fan. It was not long until the computer turned off. At this point, I would totally submerged myself under my duvet, due to knowing the presence is headed upstairs. I felt the presence at the bottom of the stairs, and it was there for a very long time. Then it slowly start climbing up the stairs, I did not hear footsteps, but I did hear the steps creaking, that need attention to. It paused for a minute or so, when it reached the top of the stairs. First it headed towards a small play room, had a peek, and went to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I could hear the toilet flushing, the sink running, and the shower going, one after the other. Once done I felt the it was targeting my sisters room. I felt as if it was looking at my sisters bedroom door. After a minute the presence did the exact same thing on my parents bedroom door. The final room in the house was mine. I was scared ****less, I could feel the presence step closer and closer, to my bedroom door. Sometimes I would glance under the door. Even though it was pitch dark behind my bedroom door, I still could make out a pair of boots, on the other side. After a few minutes standing behind the door, I notice a black fog entering from the gap, under the door. And inside my room, the black fog regenerated into a shadow. The shadow was so dark, and very tall, (7ft maybe.) I had my duvet over me, and my face/eyes, so I never got a proper look at it, but I certainly could feel it presence. Very cold, very eerie. It stood over my bed, looking down on me, for maybe it felt like, half a minute. After that it walked to the furthest corner to where I was sleeping. There it stood, and looked down on me, for what seemed like hours. Sometime I would take a sneak peak at it, from under the covers. Its very dark all over, and very transparent, almost like a real shadow. Some nights I feel the presence, would come out of its corner, towards me and try to drab my duvet of my body, as if it wants me exposed. But I could feel its actions, and therefore tightly squeezed my duvet to me, I did feel a struggle, but it was gone straight after that. One night it did managed to toss my duvet high up in the air, exposed, I screamed what I thought was very loud. Nobody heard me, but the presence was gone.

I get so tired, and eventually I would go to sleep. I was so afraid to get up and tell anyone in the middle of the night. I was even to afraid to go to the toilet in the night, with that thing lurking around. This thing was around me for at least another 3 years, and almost every night, it did the same thing, but I finally found happiness when my parent decided to move again.

Also one day, I had a pencil case full of colouring pencils. I emptied all the pencils out of the case, and were scattered all over the kitchen table. All of the sudden, I saw one pencil moved, that pencil would hit another pencil and then a couple others. It was like saying someone flicked a pencil on the table, causing it to hit a nearby pencil, and that pencil hit a numerous other pencils. This happened 3 times, consecutively.

Also one night, I mistaken a upright iron, on a upright iron board, with a neatly stacked ironed shirts next to the iron, for a huge cat from hell, and I'd say I was six at the time.. Gave nightmares.

Still afraid even today about the whole thing, but over the years, I did get use to it. Maybe there is an logical answer to all of this. And has someone else experienced this sort of thing.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissJatti

• Vance665

• Raven_Tear

Top Posters In This Topic

You said that you and your parents moved, are you still experiencing the same activity? It's possible that something "attached" itself to you. Have you ever played with a Ouija board by chance at any point in your life? If so, then you very well may have opened yourself up to something. Not sure if what you're encountering is purely malevolent, but it is scary all the same. I hope things are more peaceful for you now.

Yes, the whole family moved into the house in 1990, but I did not experienced these events until my brother moved out, in 1995-1996. I was 12-13 years old at that time.

We as a family moved again in 2002, and the eerie events stopped, over night.

Me and my friends, did a lot of stupid and strange stuff as a kid, Unknown what a ouija board was at the time, i may have played with it. But I cannot recollect. As far as I know, I did not play with a ouija board.

But I like to say, sometimes, I would spot something in the corner of my eye. When taking a good look at it, its gone.. Also I would hear someone talking, not to far away. When I go investigate, no one is there.