Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Only The Chosen Will Be Saved."

topsecretresearch

Hah! Excellant! It was one of Klatu's friends!

Wipe them (us) out, I say.... all of them.

THE GLITTERING ROBES OF ENTERTAINMENT

In connection with research she was con­ducting for a UFO documentary in 1983, award-winning filmmaker and journalist Linda Moulton Howe was told by government sources that the 1951 version of The Day the Earth Stood Still, which depicted an alien landing in Washington D.C., was, in her words, “inspired by the CIA”, and was “one of the first government tests of public reaction to such an event”. Howe’s statement may not be as far-fetched as it seems. The screenwriter forThe Day the Earth Stood Still, Edmund H North, was actively serving as a major in the Army Signal Corps just months before being selected by 20th Century Fox to pen the saucer-literate script. During his time in the Corps, North had been in charge of “training and educational” documentaries, and later established himself as a Holly­wood scribe of war films including Sink the Bismark! (1960), Submarine X-1 (1968), and Patton (1970), for which he received an Oscar – all of which raises the possibility that he maintained an official or quasi-official role in the government’s cinematic propaganda campaigns throughout his career.

It is also worth noting that the man responsible for overseeing the production of The Day the Earth Stood Still – 20th Cent­ury Fox bigwig Darryl Zanuck – soon afterwards became a member of what Frances Stonor Saunders refers to as the “Holly­wood consortium”, part of a covert multi-agency propaganda campaign formed in 1954 called “Militant Liberty”. The consort­ium was clear about its goals: “We need to make certain our films are doing a good job for our nation and our industry.” Zanuck himself once said: “If you have something worthwhile to say, dress it up in the glittering robes of entertainment and you will find a ready market… without entertainment, no propaganda film is worth a dime.”

From: The Lies Are Out There By Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford

In connection with research she was con­ducting for a UFO documentary in 1983, award-winning filmmaker and journalist Linda Moulton Howe was told by government sources that the 1951 version of The Day the Earth Stood Still, which depicted an alien landing in Washington D.C., was, in her words, “inspired by the CIA”, and was “one of the first government tests of public reaction to such an event”. Howe’s statement may not be as far-fetched as it seems. The screenwriter forThe Day the Earth Stood Still, Edmund H North, was actively serving as a major in the Army Signal Corps just months before being selected by 20th Century Fox to pen the saucer-literate script. During his time in the Corps, North had been in charge of “training and educational” documentaries, and later established himself as a Holly­wood scribe of war films including Sink the Bismark! (1960), Submarine X-1 (1968), and Patton (1970), for which he received an Oscar – all of which raises the possibility that he maintained an official or quasi-official role in the government’s cinematic propaganda campaigns throughout his career.

It is also worth noting that the man responsible for overseeing the production of The Day the Earth Stood Still – 20th Cent­ury Fox bigwig Darryl Zanuck – soon afterwards became a member of what Frances Stonor Saunders refers to as the “Holly­wood consortium”, part of a covert multi-agency propaganda campaign formed in 1954 called “Militant Liberty”. The consort­ium was clear about its goals: “We need to make certain our films are doing a good job for our nation and our industry.” Zanuck himself once said: “If you have something worthwhile to say, dress it up in the glittering robes of entertainment and you will find a ready market… without entertainment, no propaganda film is worth a dime.”

Ohh man. LMH?? Really? That Cattle Mutilation lady? Far out. Can I request that if we pick crackpots, that at least we pick hot ones, so there is actually something to talk about?

The link is funny.

The DoD may have been unable to dict­ate script changes on Independence Day, but its involvement with the alien-themed blockbuster Transformers (2007) was so deep-rooted and integral that almost no aspect of the production went unmonitored by the Pentagon’s hawklike eyes.

What can one say to such but :w00t:?????

The Government is worrying about Transformers, the movie? Deep end........

114770619.jpg

Edited by psyche101

ET Wear - Electronic Display On Chest

Summer 1948. Hemer Sauerland, Germany

Source: http://www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid/humanoid1948.shtml

Source: Illobrand Von Ludwiger, Mufon 1993 Symposium Proceedings

"They all had boxes on their chests with tubes protruding from it."

September 30, 1954. Nouatre, Indre-et-Loire, France

The George Gatay encounter.

"The being had a semi-transparent helmet, with a large visor. He was dressed in gray coveralls, and short boots. He also had what appeared to be an electronic display on the chest of his uniform."

January 7, 1974 Warneton, Belgium.

Source: http://www.nicap.org/occupants_hall.htm

Source: Jean Marie Bigorne, Lumeires Dans Le Nuit

"...a vertical row of "buttons" on each side of the chest"

August 11, 2003. Szczecinek, Northern Poland

The Leh Chacinski encounter.

lech_alien.jpg?height=320&width=237

...on their chests were "colorful blinking [rectangular] boards" with "7 lights in each row," each light a different color. He cannot remember the combination of colors, but states that the lights were "falling down [in a sequence] one by one, like a fountain."

ET Wear - Overalls "Pumped Up From The Inside"

July (late) 1947. Brazil

Source: Into the Unknown - Readers Digest (1981)

Indeed, less than a month after Arnold's sighting came the first report of human-like creatures actually landing. A survey worker in the wilds of Brazil described 7-foot beings wearing transparent, inflated suits.

August 11, 2003. Szczecinek, Northern Poland

The Leh Chacinski encounter.

lech_alien.jpg?height=320&width=237

Lech describes these entities as being about the height of tall humans (approx. 170 cm tall) with a basic human form (2 arms, 2 legs, a torso and a head), wearing tight-fitting, seamless "overalls of a dull silvery, elastic foil" material. He states that these overalls seemed to be "pumped up from the inside" and were "integrated with their shoes and mittens."

February 10, 1977. Tucson, Arizona

Source: http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case358.htm

Source: APRO Bulletin, Vol. 25 No. 8 (Feb. 1977)

APRO25-8.jpg

Witnesses: Ms. Lois Stovall, Mrs. Alice Buckner.

"Behind the bars crouched a human-shaped figure, all over gray in color, that looked puffed up, like a balloon, except it had ridges or rings of the same substance running around the appendages, like padding, or like some space suits have."

Note: Both the Leh Chacinski, Northern Poland case and the Tuscan Arizona case the helmet and visor bear a strong resemblance. Also the overall is described as "pumped up from the inside."

Ohh man. LMH?? Really? That Cattle Mutilation lady? Far out. Can I request that if we pick crackpots, that at least we pick hot ones, so there is actually something to talk about?

This sort of thing goes on. It should be common knowledge though.

Recent example:

Senate Launches Investigation into 'Zero Dark Thirty'

The review will determine whether the CIA gave filmmakers inappropriate access

We have suits that are pumped up from the inside, the inspiration is no wonder whatsoever.

However, the suits are a wonder. What atmosphere are these things supposed to be breathing? Does anyone know? For their rockets to work in our atmosphere, one would expect them to be conducive to oxygen, which has more of an impact on a species, and the rise of it than one might realise.

More to the story would say if the claims are worth pursing or not, and if ET is even a viable candidate. All we have are some vague descriptions from supposedly frightened people, and some are drawing conclusions with only half the information. The plural of anecdote is not data.

What is that last contraption supposed to be? It looks like a go go dancing cage. Is that supposed to travel into space?

This sort of thing goes on. It should be common knowledge though.

Recent example:

Senate Launches Investigation into 'Zero Dark Thirty'

The review will determine whether the CIA gave filmmakers inappropriate access

Are you saying that a film about an actual event, which some fear actual details might have been leaked, is somehow proof that Sci Fi is real, and the Government is covering it up?

That is quite a leap of faith isn't it? I think you need to build a few bridges as well.

Not sure I understand entirely what you are saying, but if I do understand it, then wouldn't David Attenborough's BBC documentaries mean Star Wars is real, just covered up?

We have suits that are pumped up from the inside, the inspiration is no wonder whatsoever.

However, the suits are a wonder. What atmosphere are these things supposed to be breathing? Does anyone know? For their rockets to work in our atmosphere, one would expect them to be conducive to oxygen, which has more of an impact on a species, and the rise of it than one might realise.

Actually though, that's a point worth considering, since, if reported ETs did wear space suits, would that make it more or less probable? It is sometimes said that it'd be mighty convenient if (like on Stark Trek) every planet they visited had conveniently just the right atmosphere and the right gravity, and it might be stretching plausibility a little if ETs, whose only resemblance to us was that they were bidpedal but otherwise their physiology might be quite different, were able to breathe Earth atmosphere quite happily; so might this actually be a point in favour of the credibility of at least some of these reports? And who knows, perhaps technology moves on, and they don't need cumbersome spacesuits any more but they've developed a more sophisticated kind of environmental suit now, which is why you don't see many report of ETs wearing Spacesuits now.

Of course, if this was the case, then their ability to be able to live on this planet for prolonged periods might be rather restricted, so perhaps in the facilities in which they're kept by the U.S. govt. (or whoever), perhaps they have the atmosphere that they normally breathe.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. :unsure2::blush:

NO, it was very, very obviously cherry-picking. Please learn your fallacies.

If it was out of context, you should have immediately pointed out what context had been removed and why that removal made a difference. You did not (and cannot) do that - because that's NOT what I did.

You're making an assumption based on knowing nothing about the witnesses.

No, I clearly gave my opinion that there were possibilities (perhaps likelihoods) that you were ignoring, and that you had not supplied any real evidence or analysis. Both those criticisms stand, and I will be elaborating in some detail. (But please check your other thread *first*...)

I read about the Leh Chacinski case and I see no indication that he's a fame seeker or metally {sic} ill.

You just read a single re-telling? I thought you had researched this? Either way, on what basis do you claim 'no indication' - what indications would you expect to see? Are you a trained psychologist/psychiatrist? Do you have personal involvement? Have you seen other corroborating evidence? If so please bring it. And perhaps explain why it wasn't brought earlier..

Many witnesses to a UFO or close encounter are just the average joe.

And do you know what fallacy THAT is? Hint - one of the worst..

EXACTLY - STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED!

Wouldn't it seem like POETIC JUSTICE??

I mean do we (as a species) really deserve this planet???

Time will tell :)

Actually though, that's a point worth considering, since, if reported ETs did wear space suits, would that make it more or less probable? It is sometimes said that it'd be mighty convenient if (like on Stark Trek) every planet they visited had conveniently just the right atmosphere and the right gravity, and it might be stretching plausibility a little if ETs, whose only resemblance to us was that they were bidpedal but otherwise their physiology might be quite different, were able to breathe Earth atmosphere quite happily; so might this actually be a point in favour of the credibility of at least some of these reports? And who knows, perhaps technology moves on, and they don't need cumbersome spacesuits any more but they've developed a more sophisticated kind of environmental suit now, which is why you don't see many report of ETs wearing Spacesuits now.

Of course, if this was the case, then their ability to be able to live on this planet for prolonged periods might be rather restricted, so perhaps in the facilities in which they're kept by the U.S. govt. (or whoever), perhaps they have the atmosphere that they normally breathe.

Yeah, I agree here. One huge commonality in close encounter reports in a seamless one piece coverall. Also the helmet + visor. Some of the activity such as what I call taking earth specimen samples also points to a non terrestrial origin. There is one abduction case that states the Greys are really just engineered to carry out task outside the craft. So, what I'm in the process of doing is finding out more about the actual occupants. Who are the leaders who stay onboard the craft. The debate on ET, if they are real no longer interest me. Of course, you have spin doctors, bogus debunkers on these sort of forums doing their don't believe in aliens PR but much of my time is better served researching and bringning new details about the occupants or the craft to light.

Actually though, that's a point worth considering, since, if reported ETs did wear space suits, would that make it more or less probable?

You do prompt a person to think LV, and as I do respect you, I tried to take on board some structured speculation, here's what I came up with.

It is sometimes said that it'd be mighty convenient if (like on Stark Trek) every planet they visited had conveniently just the right atmosphere and the right gravity, and it might be stretching plausibility a little if ETs, whose only resemblance to us was that they were bidpedal but otherwise their physiology might be quite different, were able to breathe Earth atmosphere quite happily; so might this actually be a point in favour of the credibility of at least some of these reports? And who knows, perhaps technology moves on, and they don't need cumbersome spacesuits any more but they've developed a more sophisticated kind of environmental suit now, which is why you don't see many report of ETs wearing Spacesuits now.

In a complete turnaround, I have a feeling in the right light, they could make the spacesuit claims the most credible. I am not sure that we are likely to see major differences with regards to atmosphere perhaps a richer or leaner mix, but oxygen is rather important for the rise of life as we know it. However, the suits do solve another bugbear that has bothered me, and whilst it is probably shooting my earlier post in the foot, the usage, and appearance could possibly be related to quarantine. Silver ions and silver compounds show a toxic effect on some bacteria, viruses, algae and fungi, typical for heavy metals such as Lead or mercury, but without the high toxicity to humans normally associated with these other metals. Suits are often described as silver in appearance, we might be looking at some rather expensive (by our standard) suits that allow first contact to happen with minimal consequences. As you say, the suits may have evolved over time, or perhaps, they might have different levels of protection?

As I expect Alens to be rather familiar, and even oxygen breathing, this might well be how we might approach a quarantine problem in an alien environment. It seems reasonable that other species might take this approach to protection.

Agreed, in fact it would make most "naked alien" stories take a back seat as at least there is some reason to be suited up in an alien environment.

It was a good suggestion, I feel we made a good team on this one.

Cheers.

Yeah, I agree here. One huge commonality in close encounter reports in a seamless one piece coverall. Also the helmet + visor. Some of the activity such as what I call taking earth specimen samples also points to a non terrestrial origin. There is one abduction case that states the Greys are really just engineered to carry out task outside the craft. So, what I'm in the process of doing is finding out more about the actual occupants. Who are the leaders who stay onboard the craft. The debate on ET, if they are real no longer interest me. Of course, you have spin doctors, bogus debunkers on these sort of forums doing their don't believe in aliens PR but much of my time is better served researching and bringning new details about the occupants or the craft to light.

Your research is limited to woo woo sites and trolling Youtube. That is not research, nor will you find an answer there. These people have already decided on what they have seen. That is a true "spin doctor" for you. You are biased toward a specific conclusion and your support lets your down. Woo woo is why the phenomena wears a tin foil hat. It has so much more than that.

To really find an answer you need to look at it from an infants perspective. After all, with regards to this phenomena, that is the level upon which we all stand.

Edited by psyche101

I find it interesting that the close encounters have the mark of the era (movies) its from.

Like the saucer shape crafts reported back in the days,... or the popular uniforms and helmets from the 70ties.

And these days we have the typical "greys".

• Like 1

"Only the chosen will be saved." Does anyone else find it mildly weird that Scottish space aliens turn out to be Calvinists?

• Like 2

Badly drawn, and somewhat familiar I would say as well mate

cyberman2.jpg

My thoughts exactly. And the geek in me loves my Cybermen figure collection. Well, the classic ones.

As for "Only the chosen..." I'm curious who does the choosing. I think it should be me. I've had a mental list drawn up for quite some time. And there are no politicians on it.

Edited by Winterwind
  • Like 2

Actually, "The Day the Earth stood Still" was based on a short story by Harry Bates published in 1940 in a pulp magazine. I suspect those government agents must have been avid pulp SF readers !

• Like 2

Thank you for the hearty laugh this gave me.

The Day the Earth Stood Still was a loose adaptation of the short story Farewell to the Masters written by Harry Bates in 1940, and if anything was added to the story by Edmund H. North it was the heavy religious references, whereby he tried to draw parallels between Klaatu and Jesus Christ.

Poor LMH. She seems to buy anything and everything regarding UFO conspiracies. And that reminds me of a very old cereal commercial:

1st person: I'm not going to believe it. You believe it.

2nd person: I'm not going to believe it.

1st person: I know! Lets tell it to Linda! She'll believe anything!

2nd person: She believes it! Hey Linda!

:yes:

• Like 3

4humanoid.jpg

Holy Crap.. its Twiki..

twiki3.jpg

similiar kind of face.. glowy lighted thing on his chest.. and hands without fingers.

and since buck rogers ran between 1979 and 1981.. the timeframe would match :D

My thoughts exactly. And the geek in me loves my Cybermen figure collection. Well, the classic ones.

As for "Only the chosen..." I'm curious who does the choosing. I think it should be me. I've had a mental list drawn up for quite some time. And there are no politicians on it.

And even these I feel are likely drawn from further inspiration, the second (from the right as you look at it) Cyberman has a distinct "Tinman" from the Wizard of Oz look.

cyberman2.jpg

jack-haley-wizard-of-oz-as-the-tin-man-passed-away-1979-signed-8x10-bw-photo_91c0f5c3689e03f46fb4839dc6c64afb.jpg

Edited by psyche101

I should point out the Lech Chacinski drawing is pretty raw. This is stated in the case. Most people who try to depict occupants in a close encounter case are not artist but I find it better to rely on the original witness sketch and description.

Also the helmet, visor, and one-piece suit and what looks like a panel on the chest area has been described in other cases.

1971_kangaskyla.gif

image027.gif

a49.jpg

Some of these ET's have to wear a suit for protection much like an astronaut since earth would be a foreign environment.

Something has suddenly struck me.....aliens have terrible fashion sense.

Also the helmet, visor, and one-piece suit and what looks like a panel on the chest area has been described in other cases.

Yup.

post-55116-0-75319400-1358891564_thumb.j

i approved this. but for this moment, the chosen ones are still going to stand up for humans if the humans failed again then the Guardians will be activated.

these mistakes once happened in ancient unwritten history. yet, deleted the memories wont prevent the same mistakes happen. same goes to the elements beings.

the chosen ones are the people who once enter the void of dimension and activated some of the locked memories in a souls and was sent to face the hall of guardians of element. the activated would be use to balance the elements and locked the dangerous portals that infecting humans nowdays. that are named the Fallen ones.