Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

19y old is making life hell for creationists

Render

What if you had been Jewish? I'd bet religion would have quickly gotten in the way.

Well, I certainly don't look Jewish.

I didn't ask, but I don't think it would be a big problem for him. I've had a beer with him, so that might tell you something about how deep his Muslim faith is. And I no longer refer to myself as a Quaker, but as an agnostic. I suspect he leans in the same direction.

Doug

I really don't get the argument between creationism and science.

Surely if god was real he created evolution..... Hence why i don't get it. (If god is real he created everything... Which means all science is doing is showing how god did it. lol)

PS, I don't believe in god.

wonderful point made. :)

We have not yet learned to use our discoveries. There remain serious gaps in our knowledge, especially our knowledge of our own species. Myth remains dominant in our highest offices.

The myth that there is not enough to go around; therefore, we must take what others have - doesn't matter whether you are a street hood applying that with a gun, or Mitt Romney using financial and legal systems, the result is the same.

We have the technology to provide every person on earth with enough Vitamin A to abolish Viatmin A deficiency blindness. We don't do it because of greed. The Congress would rather spend the money on killing people than on helping them.

During Gulf War I, I was taking a course in spatial analysis. Sitting right beside me was an Iraqi Air Force colonel. Our countries were at war, but we worked together to make the world better. He was a Muslim; I was a Quaker. Peace is possible. Religion doesn't have to get in the way.

I don't think that anything will intercede to protect us from ourselves. The universe ABSOLUTELY doesn't care about us, or our problems or our planet. If we so disrupt our life-support system that it can't function, we will die. We need to grow up and do it fast. And that is as much the responcibility of religion as it is of science.

Doug

No arguments about the responsibilities involved. My point has consistently been that science is not the ultimate answer. But I can understand that idea being rejected by those who's only hope IS science. Ideally faith and science will work together but without faith science will never do anything more than make us better at doing what we most desire to do - how can it be ?

Well, I certainly don't look Jewish.

I didn't ask, but I don't think it would be a big problem for him. I've had a beer with him, so that might tell you something about how deep his Muslim faith is. And I no longer refer to myself as a Quaker, but as an agnostic. I suspect he leans in the same direction.

Doug

I would say most people in general are more agnostic even when they say they are of a certain faith. A strict Muslim does not drink alcohol for sure. Jews do not eat pork unless they break the commandments given to them but I see many who eat bacon but still call themselves Jews! You see many Christians who willingly sin over and over then confess and say they are saved no matter what. So there are radical Christians, Muslims, strict Jews, etc and that's when all the conflicts arise.

Most people don't understand devout and radical religious people or how can they be so combative when it's supposed to be the same God they seek to follow and then they even reject proven sciences!

Someone in a prior post said religions do not evolve like science does, but in a way they do.

Muslims call Jews the people of the book because Moses gave the laws for them to follow which they usually failed but still sought being saved through their deeds instead of grace. Jesus came as a prophet to fulfill the law but also showed God was merciful to the faithful sinners who turnt away from their sins. Muslims accepted Jesus as a prophet but Christians made him son of God instead of a holy prophet. In the beginning Muslims really disliked the Catholics more than people of the book since the Vatican sent the Crusades to pillage and murder them as well as saying Jesus was God which they thought the Trinity was blasphemy. God is one god and was not created like men, angels or the prophets. Unlike Christians, Koran says God calls the believers to himself to fulfill a purpose not like some Christians who believe you are called to save everybody else or call upon Jesus to be born again or you go to hell. The Muslims believed Mohammad was a prophet taught by the angel Gabriel who gave him the Koran.

So it's really is a matter of the teachings of the prophets, Moses, Jesus and then Mohammed. It's kind of like a evolution of religion but some want to stay in the same place and hate each other instead of truly following the messages! The true believers will see Moses sent a message of justice of the law, Jesus sent the message of faith and love, and Mohammed was bringing those two prophets messages together together in a way.

The message was to have laws so to prevent evil, love and care for one another and the last from the angel Gabriel was bringing the two together to do what is right and even if you fall because of imperfection,God will be merciful and just, as you are toward others.

I think the next stage is that "prophets of science and agnostics" will purify the misconceptions of the strict religions and eventually will lead to a better real form of a personally proven spiritual experiences not just the blind following of conflicting religions leading to more destruction of humanity.

If these people wanna believe a fairy tale story written by imperfect humans to be real then be my guest... Just don't expect that fairy tale story to be taught as scientific fact when it's been practically proven otherwise...

• Like 1