Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

Hazzard

So UFOs are crewed by blonde chicks in figure hugging blue jumpsuits? I think we could learn to live with that.

Actually, this could be another one of the UFOs with Windows stories for the other thread.

LOL not sure if they were female though. It's a nice thought however.

Hope that response satisfies Haz's initial question.

Can't see why it shouldn't.

Chrlzs pretty much answered that question for me when he said,...

Please note that I'm *not* talking about well-told stories! I'm talking about cases where there is good quality documentation, highly credible corroboration, very compelling imagery, physical evidence, matching radar data.. or at least a reasonable combination of some of those..

It was a cool story though,... but unfortunately that is not enough.

Chrlzs pretty much answered that question for me when he said,...

Please note that I'm *not* talking about well-told stories! I'm talking about cases where there is good quality documentation, highly credible corroboration, very compelling imagery, physical evidence, matching radar data.. or at least a reasonable combination of some of those..

It was a cool story though,... but unfortunately that is not enough.

Some people are just never satisfied.

Some people are just never satisfied.

Well, I think we should have a little higher bar than someone just saying something. People can (and do) claim all sorts of wacky stuff.

Extraordinary claims should, and in fact demands, extraordinary evidence.

An old lady saying that she saw the Loch Ness monster slither around on the beach, a fire breathing dragon up in the air, or an alien space ship over her house is interesting and all, but I wouldnt go around claiming there are dragons on Earth because of it.

Would you?

[...] I'm talking about cases where there is good quality documentation, highly credible corroboration, very compelling imagery, physical evidence, matching radar data.. or at least a reasonable combination of some of those..[...]

Depends on how you look at those cases: with "open mind" - helluva, with strict and deep digging into the details - zero.

[...]

But I'd like to make sure I am spending my time where it is likely to be useful, so I'm keen to hear of other cases that should be in, say, the top five...

Sorry to disappoint you, but many solid cases were shredded to pieces (not enough info,misrepresentations, translation problems, etc etc etc).

Although believers will always come up with the same ol' "OMG, alienz!" stuff.

Edited by bmk1245

Depends on how you look at those cases: with "open mind" - helluva, with strict and deep digging into the details - zero.

Sorry to disappoint you, but many solid cases were shredded to pieces (not enough info,misrepresentations, translation problems, etc etc etc).

Although believers will always come up with the same ol' "OMG, alienz!" stuff.

... yes, and when people still insist on "balloons" or "Flares" or "Lighthouses" as all-purpose off the shelf explanations, (not forgetting of course, that even more all-purpose one, Secret Military Doings), there is, I fear, little chance of a constructive dialogue ever getting anywhere.

... yes, and when people still insist on "balloons" or "Flares" or "Lighthouses" as all-purpose off the shelf explanations

Do they..? And let's be honest, some of the reports very likely are one of those.. Apart from any other cases, consider the Mexican Air Force / Cantarell oil flares one as a prime example...

(not forgetting of course, that even more all-purpose one, Secret Military Doings), there is, I fear, little chance of a constructive dialogue ever getting anywhere.

I don't agree - I see plenty of constructive dialogue. But anyway, surely that is as it should be. If there are earthly possibilities - known, testable, accepted possibilities, shouldn't they be preferred over something that, to date, has no substantive evidence? If anyone claims there is that substantive evidence of ET origin, I'm simply asking them to nominate the case/s.

After all, that is how science works - we build up the body of knowledge from proving and testing stuff. If something new comes along, it isn't added to that accepted body of knowledge until the evidence is compelling.

No-one denies there are UFO's (dictionary meaning). But UNTIL the day that ET steps out and identifies themselves - either by saying so or by demonstrably using non-terrestrial technology, then the ET origin theory is not accepted. Should it be?

And frankly, given that hasn't happened - what exactly is the difference between *not* having aliens here, and having them here .. but always just out of reach, furtively appearing as distant lights in the sky, or being told of in story form? We already have movies and books that do a much better job..

I await the reality. I don't think anything close to that is here yet, but I (and just about every scientist on this planet, I'll wager), would absolutely LOVE it to become true..

The obvious does tend to escape you frequently though doesn't it.

Of course it does not answer the question, but I bet in your mind, it is irrefutably answered.

Sad really.

... yes, and when people still insist on "balloons" or "Flares" or "Lighthouses" as all-purpose off the shelf explanations, (not forgetting of course, that even more all-purpose one, Secret Military Doings), there is, I fear, little chance of a constructive dialogue ever getting anywhere.

That's ridiculous, they are real and qualified items that we know for sure do exist, and also do definitely explain a portion of sightings. You would dismiss those for the sake of conversation as opposed to debate?

How is not offering the most likely explanation not constructive? If more exotic explanation can be qualified, they will be entertained, but why jump on the woo woo train just for the sake of it?

Well, I think we should have a little higher bar than someone just saying something. People can (and do) claim all sorts of wacky stuff.

Extraordinary claims should, and in fact demands, extraordinary evidence.

An old lady saying that she saw the Loch Ness monster slither around on the beach, a fire breathing dragon up in the air, or an alien space ship over her house is interesting and all, but I wouldnt go around claiming there are dragons on Earth because of it.

Would you?

You know, based on past posting, I would say that answer would have to be yes. That is the logic we indeed are seeing.

Unfortunately.

The bar has dropped dramatically. I almost let out a sigh of relief when I see MacG and Quillius drop in. Lets hope we can pick up the 4th edition of the BE thread, and not see it dragged down into the depths of ignorance. I had hoped for a good start, but already we have a claim that people in blue jumpsuits is information that answers that which so many have already exceeded immensely, and yet still failed with. But some have no shame.

Congrats on the 4th edition mate. That has to be a UM record surely.

• Like 2

We need to raise the bar ! I`ll call badeskovs he`s a bit worn out from work and all but Im sure he will come up with a new Drink of the- eday for us ! :tu:

Perhaps someone would be willing to do a recap of some of the older cases we have gone over? Echo Flight, BoLA, or maybe Portage County, I haven't personally looked much into that one. Anything but Roswell though, I'm happy to leave that horse buried. ^_^

*Not for my benefit by the way, more to spark new debate.

Edited by Slave2Fate

Perhaps someone would be willing to do a recap of some of the older cases we have gone over? Echo Flight, BoLA, or maybe Portage County, I haven't personally looked much into that one. Anything but Roswell though, I'm happy to leave that horse buried. ^_^

*Not for my benefit by the way, more to spark new debate.

Hey S2F, yes that would be good, I think Portage county would be a good place to start, it is quite intruiging. One thing I am struggling with on this case is trying to locate when and where exactly the 'seven steps to hell' logo was first introduced. This was apparently seen on the abandoned car that the officers first stopped to investigate moments before the UFo event unfolds. Some have said one of the officers introduced the 'seven steps' logo comment many years after.....

The 1976 Tehran UFO incident has always been one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia....an_UFO_incident

or we could go here instead...why not...

what is the general opinion from our more skeptical friends on this one?

Im glad this thread (series) is kicking up, again..... what is it now 3000 posts all togeather? :nw:

Im glad this thread (series) is kicking up, again..... what is it now 3000 posts all togeather? :nw:

yes lets hope all the big hitters join in...I want to see McG and Skyeagle especially joining in.....come on chaps, I dare you.....in fact I double dare you.....

(maybe someone should send Sky a special invite for old times sake......

yes lets hope all the big hitters join in...I want to see McG and Skyeagle especially joining in.....come on chaps, I dare you.....in fact I double dare you.....

(maybe someone should send Sky a special invite for old times sake......

I dont think thats a good idea, it didnt end well the last time. No, Skyeagle is doing the best of work over on the conspiracy forum. Impresive really.

A favorite of mine is the Cumberland spaceman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solway_Firth_Spaceman

cumberland_spaceman51.jpg

I dont think thats a good idea, it didnt end well the last time. No, Skyeagle is doing the best of work over on the conspiracy forum. Impresive really.

does beg the question as to how someone can be so right and yet so wrong depending on the debate and position he takes.

I thought his best work was on UFOs.

Did you have any take on Tehran then?

does beg the question as to how someone can be so right and yet so wrong depending on the debate and position he takes.

I thought his best work was on UFOs.

His personality, I guess. He is like a dog with a bone, no doubt. :tu:

Did you have any take on Tehran then?

Not yet....... Reading up on it now.

What do you think about the "spaceman"?

Edited by DBunker

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

cumberland_spaceman51.jpg

Im sure that this is all the evidence that some people need to claim ET is here, but if you ask me, the "spaceman" has been debunked.

Im sure that this is all the evidence that some people need to claim ET is here, but if you ask me, the "spaceman" has been debunked.

[media=]

[/media]

Oh yes, seems as tenuous as most of these satisfactory debunkings seem to be. Didn't he (the chap who took the photo) insist that there was no one else around at the time?

And i love his detective work: "Were hooded tops popular in 1964? Well, it may have been a Mod, who somehow managed to materialise and then disappear in the space of time it took to take one phot, and not be noticed". And this mystery Mod has his hood pulled up tight. Why was this? Well, "Weather conditions were breezy as we can see from the girl's hair blowing forwards". Really? Gosh, how's that for making assumptions to fit your theory. :-/

Oh yes, seems as tenuous as most of these satisfactory debunkings seem to be. Didn't he (the chap who took the photo) insist that there was no one else around at the time?

And i love his detective work: "Were hooded tops popular in 1964? Well, it may have been a Mod, who somehow managed to materialise and then disappear in the space of time it took to take one phot, and not be noticed". And this mystery Mod has his hood pulled up tight. Why was this? Well, "Weather conditions were breezy as we can see from the girl's hair blowing forwards". Really? Gosh, how's that for making assumptions to fit your theory. :-/

At the very least we know that people, hooded jackets and wind exists on Earth,... and that our mind is notorious for playing tricks on us.

This seems like the most logical explanation to me,... instead of a hovering ET beaming in (and then out again) just in time to spoil Mr Tempeltons photograph.

His personality, I guess. He is like a dog with a bone, no doubt. :tu:

yeah I kind of buy that....of course there is the other possibility in that he knew whaat he was talking about over in this section too.......

Not yet....... Reading up on it now.

ahh the spaceman. For me there are a few things:

1- firstly he says he shot 3 photos and I dont think I have seen three. I have seen one other, and the girls expression is very different in this one, she is smiling in the 'spaceman' photo but shows sadness, bordering anguish in the other. I do not know the order of photos.

2- the excuse for not having seen this figure is that he is focusing through the lens of camera and could easily have missed a real person. I would argue that even if we accept he may have missed another human in shot, what the hell was his wife doing?

3- could it be his wife? exposure creating a slightly obscure version of her hence them not assuming it was her in the shot.

not sure...will have a dig and see what I come up with :)

At the very least we know that people, hooded jackets and wind exists on Earth,... and that our mind is notorious for playing tricks on us.

This seems like the most logical explanation to me,... instead of a hovering ET beaming in (and then out again) just in time to spoil Mr Tempeltons photograph.

:no::P