Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

big foot

SarahAvery

Reports of BF in North America go back 50 thousand years.

Can you validate that or are you just throwing that number out there?

Hi, Die,, long time no see. I've been away.

No, good evidence..? Good golly Miss Molly! LOL

Reports of BF in North America go back 50 thousand years.

Eyewitness accounts and sound recordings and footprints and even pics and videos are definately all evidence. Just not GOOD evidence, as they are not good enough to be considered proof, but they are good enough to keep firing the imagination and debate.

I have to agree with DC here, while sighting, pictures and videos do fuel the imagination and keep the hopers and believers going, by themselves they aren't proof. Now if we had a body or say a skeleton or two then yeah the vids and pics might take on a deeper and possibly more evidential quality to them. The trouble is too many can be faked, lied about, misidentified......great examples we've bee talking about in other threads in this forum Todd Standing and Rick Dyer. Now I will look at anything they put up, I'd never take anything they say at face value and anyone who does pretty much gets what they deserve for being so gullible and misguided.

Thing is, these are just the guys we know about. I forget who it was but he became famous after his death for being a huge Bigfoot faker. He had Bigfoot prints on a pair of boots and he used to run around in Washington leaving prints behind then read the local paper to see who find them and just laugh. Only reason anyone ever found it out was he died and his family wanted people to know he'd been faking them all those years.

That's not to say every print is a fake, but which are and which aren't? You can photoshop up a creature and a very believable creature with software you can down load for free and with a rather inexpensive upgrade I can ban something out that will blow your socks off. So, sightings, videos, pictures, footprints I sort of take with a grain of salt and even though I just said that, I still pour over every one I see hoping to see something to make me wonder.

on the subject of the chupasquach, i did some reading and it does sound remarkably like a windigo. thats very interesting thanks for the tip die. how dangerous would you say a windigo is/ would be if it were an actually around?

on the subject of the chupasquach, i did some reading and it does sound remarkably like a windigo. thats very interesting thanks for the tip die. how dangerous would you say a windigo is/ would be if it were an actually around?

Super dangerous. All the intellegence of a human, with an animal cunning, immorally violent, and a hunger for human flesh and blood on top of that. It is the whole reason werewolves are scary, because they are a lot more dangerous then us.

The windigo also has many of the characteristics of a classical vampire. They eat humans, but are gaunt and thin and pale, never able to eat enough, and are virtually immortal.

I thought I'd heard of most everything but this critter......demonic spirit.....whatever it is.....has eluded me. I'll have to read up on it and see what I can learn. I do enjoy learning new things, even strange and "out there" things. That's why I love this place so much. I learn something new almost every week.

Super dangerous. All the intellegence of a human, with an animal cunning, immorally violent, and a hunger for human flesh and blood on top of that. It is the whole reason werewolves are scary, because they are a lot more dangerous then us.

The windigo also has many of the characteristics of a classical vampire. They eat humans, but are gaunt and thin and pale, never able to eat enough, and are virtually immortal.

You forgot to mention imaginary, DC...just thought I should throw that in. :tu:

You forgot to mention imaginary, DC...just thought I should throw that in. :tu:

Well, it is as real as Bigfoot, or chupacabra, or the Chupafoot... errr.... chupasquatch... whatever....

I got all this useless knowledge so, I feel I gotta share...

Might Cthulu demands it.... :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Sounds like the Superhero of Monsters! :passifier:

Does it have a big M carved into it's chest?

According to the Marvel Universe it is a Hulk sized creature, with white hair and a long tail. With Hulk level strength and Wolverine level healing. But, when it settles down (like the Hulk.... strangely), it reverts back into a squishy human. I think it was the product of a curse, and there was only one at a time, but it would move to the next most likely host if it was killed. So it was defeatable, but always returned...

Reference Marvel Comics... Hulk and Wolverine... multiple issue for both.

More useless esoteric knowledge.... Damn...

• Like 1

Did I say that they were superior? I said the show (well all up I may have watched 20 minutes of it) was crap. All I ever saw was I think 4 people at night looking **** scared making calls and then when they possibly get some movement/ sound they thrash about like idiots running directly for the spot rather than shutting up and listening for further activity which could be anything (I don't know the wildlife in the US, only Australia).

So once again I'll repeat I'm not saying anything I've put forward is superior and if people want to feel what I say is crap feel free, it doesn't bother me.

Ok, so how do you know your HG (Hairy Guy) experiences are real and Finding Bigfoot's are simply "crap" particularly when you acknowledge that your claims and evidence are no better than theirs?

I know you don't care what people think but I am interested in understanding why you believe and how you differentiate between what is an authentic HG encounter and what is not...

Edited by Night Walker

post-124811-0-79200400-1358982951_thumb.

Come on Jean Luc... You've seen hundreds of non-physical creatures that previously had not evidence of their existance. :innocent::tsu:
  • Like 1

Why believe in a creature for which there is no physical evidence? Because we all trust our senses and memories. Even when they lead us astray...

• Like 1

Ok, so how do you know your HG (Hairy Guy) experiences are real and Finding Bigfoot's are simply "crap" particularly when you acknowledge that your claims and evidence are no better than theirs?

I know you don't care what people think but I am interested in understanding why you believe and how you differentiate between what is an authentic HG encounter and what is not...

Who was it that wrote a report about a certain Aussie researcher and debunked his attack NW? The BF team are connected to this guy, they have top dollar equipment at their sides don't they and yet can't get anything or have they? Sorry don't watch the show.

Like I said the few bits I saw showed them carrying on like little girls and doing what any half brained researcher wouldn't do. Maybe they have showed evidence/ experiences, I can't comment on any comparisons there as I have never watched more then a total of 20 minutes as I said before, due to what I posted at the start of this paragraph.

My experiences have lasted years, one of the last major ones included 5 of us, one who didn't believe or had never been out with any of us before. I guess I trust my instincts, luckily I have had at least one person with me on most occasions who experienced the same things other wise I may begin to question whether my mind was making it up as I understand it must be even harder for a non- believer to understand.

So how do I judge what encounters are more likely to be real, once again I don't watch the show but if I was to talk to someone and be able to do a full blown research project with good equipment I think I have enough field experience to hazard an answer at least.

Who was it that wrote a report about a certain Aussie researcher and debunked his attack NW? The BF team are connected to this guy, they have top dollar equipment at their sides don't they and yet can't get anything or have they? Sorry don't watch the show.

Like I said the few bits I saw showed them carrying on like little girls and doing what any half brained researcher wouldn't do. Maybe they have showed evidence/ experiences, I can't comment on any comparisons there as I have never watched more then a total of 20 minutes as I said before, due to what I posted at the start of this paragraph.

I'd like to point out that YOU were also associated with this prominent hoaxer and his crew for several years and that you did not acknowledge their fakery until AFTER you had a falling-out with them last year. Why did you not question their motives before?

You have also previously stated that you learnt much from them - if you now acknowledge they are fakers then what did you learn from them?

My experiences have lasted years, one of the last major ones included 5 of us, one who didn't believe or had never been out with any of us before. I guess I trust my instincts, luckily I have had at least one person with me on most occasions who experienced the same things other wise I may begin to question whether my mind was making it up as I understand it must be even harder for a non- believer to understand.

Similarly, the hoaxer and his crew have claimed encounters for years also supposedly in the presence of previous "non-believers'. They at least make a poor showing at documenting reports whereas you seem to document nothing. How can you consider your claims to be genuine whereas theirs are not? What is the difference? I want to understand...

So how do I judge what encounters are more likely to be real, once again I don't watch the show but if I was to talk to someone and be able to do a full blown research project with good equipment I think I have enough field experience to hazard an answer at least.

If you can see these creatures clear-as-day on multiple occasions then all you really need is an inexpensive digital camera with a flash.

Doesn't your "field experience" with the faker and his crew (above) indicate that you are easily duped? That your desire to believe often overrides your logic? There's no shame in that - everyone is susceptible to illusions.

Everyone (even scientists and trained observers) can be mislead by their instincts (perceptions, emotions, cognitions, memories) while not be aware that they have been mislead. It is just part and parcel of the human experience. If you rely solely on "instinct" then is it not likely that your instincts have been erroneous especially considering the complete lack of objective supporting evidence?