Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assassination attempt on Live-TV

EllJay

They'll all plead temporary insanity and provocation. I think both those were there too. They were all almost witness to the murder of a man they loved. They were all in shock and rage that someone got that close and nearly succeeded in an assassination. The culprit is lucky, if he had succeeded they would have shot him on the spot too. Of course, you don't go do that if you are not prepared to die so getting beat up would probably be a poor second in his mind anyway.

Attempted genocide. Which you'll find in just about nearly every countries Laws is the only punishable by death and the wrongdoer loses all privilages in doing so, that is just the countries with no death penalty like Australia and such, remains as the ONLY punishable by death crime.

I'm taking it if it was real he'll be on some R&R thinking about his life and wondering was it all worth it. Staring at death by the milliseconds would be Mind shattering to think, I've come close a couple of times to seeing my end I never went in the same as I came out.

But all and all, I took something away from this today, do not go to a Country like germany/bulgeria/russia/yugoslavia and try pull a stunt like that and a expect a handshake and a bed to sleep for the night. In an analogy sense I put it to the same level as a Middle Eastern lady offering oral sex to their parliament in front of a public crowd. GOOOOOOONE!

Edited by chopmo

crazy stuff man.. little brush fires are propping up all over the place.... when people feel they have nothing more to lose they lose it... this is how WW1 started

Are you claiming that assassination attempt is some kind of prelude to a Third World War? Political assassinations happen all the time in countries run by gangsters. As far as I'm aware, political assassinations are highest in Columbia, and have been for quite some time. Just because you hear about one, or because it happened to be caught on film, doesn't mean that there is actually anything different happening in the World.

Look, this bloke just tried - and failed - to kill the man. Luckily his weapon malfunctioned, otherwise we'd have had the scene of a man being shot in the head played instead. So frankly, seeing the assassin getting several size tens delievered to him was violent, but uncalled for? Not really. You can say that here the man who did the crime is not in any doubt, so getting punched, kicked and undoubtably verbally abused is in no way unexpected. Makes you wonder if it had occured here, and we had the various front bench members leathering seven bells out of the attacker just how quickly lawyers would be shouting to respect the assassin's human rights... Mind you, giving the craven cowards we have as our representitives, they'd instead be hiding behind the first cover and let the security detail do all the hard work. Must say, it's the old man that gets on the platfrom stage right after the guard ( and only one guard is keeping the guy down?) that belts the assassin with an umbrella that really sells the madness of it all to me. :tu:

Why didn't the assassin use another method? I mean...obviously, if your face is on tv, there's no way you'll escape. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would he want to spend the remainder of his life locked up, or worse?

Edited by WoIverine

Why didn't the assassin use another method? I mean...obviously, if your face is on tv, there's no way you'll escape. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would he want to spend the remainder of his life locked up, or worse?

Maybe he was just a patsy.confused0024.gif

For a mob scene, they surely had some nice business suits. Weird. :hmm: I don't know much about Bulgarian politics, though.

I guess the "lone gunman" vs. "massive conspiracy" theories will emerge soon.

Edited by little_dreamer

Because he believes when his political option comes to power not only he will be released, but also will have status of national hero.

He wanted his face on TV.

The desired outcome of the assassination probably was political and open ethnic conflict, since the politician that was almost the victim of assassination is Turk, while – I’m making a wild guess – the would-be-assassin is probably Bulgarian with not so democratic convictions.

Another trapdoor to ethnically cleansed Hell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Bulgaria

Because he believes when his political option comes to power not only he will be released, but also will have status of national hero.

He wanted his face on TV.

The desired outcome of the assassination probably was political and open ethnic conflict, since the politician that was almost the victim of assassination is Turk, while – I’m making a wild guess – the would-be-assassin is probably Bulgarian with not so democratic convictions.

Another trapdoor to ethnically cleansed Hell:

http://en.wikipedia....rks_in_Bulgaria

I see. I think I may have seen one too many ninja movies, I guess. :ph34r:

Edited by WoIverine

First off... His butt-whoppin' wasn't as bad as it appeared - he was able to walk after it (sort of), and he was only bleeding from the nose - not missing teeth, or doubled over grabbing his man parts, nor was he holding his sides like his ribs were broken...

So in effect, it looks like some bruising but nothing too bad... heck my sisters use to do worse to each other and to me - and we actually liked each other (for the most part)!

As to why he chose this method of (literally) in your face execution... He most likely saw himself as a "martyr" to some cause or other, and probably actually wanted to die in the attempt (or at least thought he did)... Weird right?

I see. I think I may have seen one too many ninja movies, I guess. :ph34r:

Well, sane people certainly think the way you do, not like Bulgarian Gavrilo (I’m referring to Gavrilo Princip who shot Archduke Ferdinand and gave an excuse for the start of WWI), but there he is, doing his part in making things impossible.

He obviously didn’t care for negative publicity his party will get after his name and background leak out. Such act has only one aim: to destabilize the whole scene and preferably instigate violence.

It is possible, in my opinion, that the whole scene was staged, in order to create victimized image for the almost shot politician, and it’s not a problem to find people willing to receive few kicks in order to make it all look more realistic, but personally I doubt that was the case.

There are plenty of people in that corner of the world who would do even stupider things to become saviours of their nation.

19th century, alive and well in Balkans. Making big steps towards 1914... acidhead was right, this stinks of WWI. Though I was claiming for last 10 years these are the 1930s rewinding again, this particular lunacy is so WWI. Time will tell.

Edit: I forgot to add I’m not too familiar with Bulgarian politics, but I guess in certain circles that publicity won’t be negative at all.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

I know nothing about Bulgarian politics, but this could easily be a publicity stunt by the gunman, or by the opposition party itself.

On a lighter note.....

I like the final comment after the article:

In the USA, the audience would have all ducked under their seats and the building would have "Gone into Lockdown" for the next two days. There would have been a massive standoff (with pizzas delivered), with a sniper finally braining the guy. Then, grief counselors would have been called in, followed by FBI interrogations of all witnesses, and finally, here come the lawyers. It would be in the news for months, someone would have to "Go on Oprah" and in a few months would be a book about the event: "The Sofia Conference Event: The Untold Story."

- health1au, New York, United States, 21/1/2013 06:14

• Like 2

I know nothing about Bulgarian politics, but this could easily be a publicity stunt by the gunman, or by the opposition party itself.

On a lighter note.....

I like the final comment after the article:

In the USA, the audience would have all ducked under their seats and the building would have "Gone into Lockdown" for the next two days. There would have been a massive standoff (with pizzas delivered), with a sniper finally braining the guy. Then, grief counselors would have been called in, followed by FBI interrogations of all witnesses, and finally, here come the lawyers. It would be in the news for months, someone would have to "Go on Oprah" and in a few months would be a book about the event: "The Sofia Conference Event: The Untold Story."

- health1au, New York, United States, 21/1/2013 06:14

You got it down to the T, thinking like I am thinking.

It was just a gas pistol. And it wasn't an assassination attempt, it was just a political statement.

Once upon a time it was just a gas pistol on a ruling party rally in Croatia, then it was just an uppercut in the head of opposition politician on stage, but both times the goal was achieved: the atmosphere of fear.

Whether it’s real or fake assassination, whether it was meant to scare the opponents or homogenize your side, the resulting fear stops sane people from participating in political life of their country.

And where you have sane majority scared into silence, there you soon have various extremists running the show undisturbed.

Therefore screw the *insert euphemism for idiot* who makes statements with pistol pointed at someone’s face, on stage.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be cool if that Bulgarian politician during his next conference declares that this was a Divine Intervention, but after much consideration, he decides he is leaving politics and just going to walk the earth.

"What'cha mean walk the Earth?"

"You know, walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu." :)

Edited by Amalthe

Once upon a time it was just a gas pistol on a ruling party rally in Croatia, then it was just an uppercut in the head of opposition politician on stage, but both times the goal was achieved: the atmosphere of fear.

Whether it’s real or fake assassination, whether it was meant to scare the opponents or homogenize your side, the resulting fear stops sane people from participating in political life of their country.

And where you have sane majority scared into silence, there you soon have various extremists running the show undisturbed.

Therefore screw the *insert euphemism for idiot* who makes statements with pistol pointed at someone’s face, on stage.

It was definitely an act of terrorism, yes. But I know nothing of these politics or the motive of why this man would have done such a thing. What I do know is that almost to a man, every politician is hiding behind some symbol or bureau of legitimacy where much greater acts of terrorism are practiced with impunity.

It was definitely an act of terrorism, yes. But I know nothing of these politics or the motive of why this man would have done such a thing. What I do know is that almost to a man, every politician is hiding behind some symbol or bureau of legitimacy where much greater acts of terrorism are practiced with impunity.

Generally speaking, yes.

More specifically, Bulgarian Turk got pistol (gas or real) in the face. Since Ottoman empire is long gone, the odds are that particular politician is not in the position to practice any terrorism on Bulgarian Bulgarians.

Could be publicity stunt, but if it was for real, then the Wiki article I gave link to few posts up is sadly about to grow. In ugly direction.