Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resident Evil 6

ReaperS_ParadoX

Yeah Im wondering If I should get number 6, I saw the reviews and it got an 8.8 so Im just wondering If any other Residen Evil fans have played it and what they thought

I really enjoyed Leon's campaign; y'know, actual zombies.

As for Chris and Jake's campaigns...I'ts really just gears of war, man. You'll be fighting enemies with guns who take cover and all that madness, nothing like Resident evil at all. Get it if it's cheap or do what I did and rent it.

I'm not sure about RE6, but I've heard the Dead Space games blow the series out of the water.

• Like 1

It's clucking scallops, mate. In short the devs admitted to trying to emulate COD/gears. It's got the name Resident Evil....but besides Leons campaign it's a far cry from the classics and Res 4.

I've played RE6 because two friends of mine own it for the PS3 and 360.

I played a little bit of the campaign and I have to say Leon's campaign is fun.

The Mercenaries mode is also enjoyable and addicting!

I'd say I like RE6 better than RE5, but nothing will beat RE2 or RE4 for me.

Edited by Eonwe

I say get it. The game is great despite what people say. The game is roughly 20 hours long with 4 different style campaigns. You've got Chris/Piers's campaign which is all about action and has enemies called J'avo that mutate and change depending where you shoot their body. It's similar to RE5.

Then you have Leon/Helena's campaign which is more creepy and has the original zombies. It's similar to RE4.

The third campaign is Jake/Sherry which also has you fighting the J'avo but there's also a Nemesis like boss who constantly follows and attacks you throughout the campaign. Jake/Sherry's campaign has some action but also has some kind of creepy, tense moments.

And the last campaign you have is Ada Wong's. Her campaign is more like the old RE as she has to solve puzzles and is by herself (although you can play her campaign co-op like the others, you don't have to).

Not to mention you have Mercenaries mode which makes a return and a new mode called "agent hunt". Agent Hunt really suck IMO. Basically you play as a zombie and you try to kill one of the main characters (i.e. Leon or Helena) before they beat the stage. It's an interesting concept but it fails, hard. Mercenaries is still the same, but that's a good thing.

Overall, the game is great and it's a definite worth a purchase. You might be able to buy at a lower price now that it's been out for a few months. I've only played RE4 & RE5 and loved both of those, and RE6 didn't disappoint IMO. I played RE6 solo and still had a blast even though the game was made for co-op. If your still unsure, just download the demo and see if you like it. :)

P.S. I should mention that the game's story sometimes has characters from two campaigns crossover into. So for example, there's one point very early in the game where Jake & Sherry meet up with Chris & Piers and they have to fight a giant boss monster together. So because the campaigns intersect at some points, there's a recommend order you play the game in. I HIGHLY recommend you play the game in this order as it makes the overall story MUCH easier to follow!

Here's the order you should play the game in:

Chris Chapter 1

Chris Chapter 2

Jake Chapter 1

Jake Chapter 2

Leon Chapter 1

Leon Chapter 2

Leon Chapter 3

Jake Chapter 3

Chris Chapter 3

Jake Chapter 4

Leon Chapter 4

Chris Chapter 4

Jake Chapter 5

Chris Chapter 5

Leon Chapter 5

Ada Chapter 1-5

Edited by Kipperphoenix

Thanks for all the info guys but I decided on Borderlands 2, Iv been having tons of fun playing it and I had the first Borderlands so I thought hey why not. I do have to say that they improved the game drastically with the second one. :tu:

I'm a huge resident evil fan and honestly that game sucked. There was a review on Yahoo that really bashed it good. Resident Evil 5 was amazing, but 6 has like a few campaigns with a few different characters and it's just lame like that if you ask me. Each characters story can be beat in one day guess that's why theres so many characters to play with. I don't like games like that though with different endings like that with different characters.

I'm a huge resident evil fan and honestly that game sucked. There was a review on Yahoo that really bashed it good. Resident Evil 5 was amazing, but 6 has like a few campaigns with a few different characters and it's just lame like that if you ask me. Each characters story can be beat in one day guess that's why theres so many characters to play with. I don't like games like that though with different endings like that with different characters.

Resident Evil 6 is about as long as RE4 and it's definitely longer than RE5. If you think about it, Capcom basically gave us 4 games for the price of one. Each campaign lasts about 5-8 hours and that's how long a typical game now-a-days lasts, which is unfortunate. You times that by 4 and you easily get a 20+ hour game and that doesn't include going back and getting collectibles and playing Mercenaries. Capcom definitely went the extra mile with RE6.

Resident Evil 6 is about as long as RE4 and it's definitely longer than RE5. If you think about it, Capcom basically gave us 4 games for the price of one. Each campaign lasts about 5-8 hours and that's how long a typical game now-a-days lasts, which is unfortunate. You times that by 4 and you easily get a 20+ hour game and that doesn't include going back and getting collectibles and playing Mercenaries. Capcom definitely went the extra mile with RE6.

Except for the fact it sucks.

Yeah Im wondering If I should get number 6, I saw the reviews and it got an 8.8 so Im just wondering If any other Residen Evil fans have played it and what they thought

Eh...man...I don't know. If you can get it for a nice discount, maybe. It's spun so far away from the survival horror genre, they really shouldn't call it Resident Evil anymore. I wasn't a fan of 6. I did however like 1-5.

Well...I played all the way through 4 and 5...but after playing a little bit into each campaign, I never really had the desire to finish it. It's just a really really mediocre Resident Evil game.

• Like 2

Eh...man...I don't know. If you can get it for a nice discount, maybe. It's spun so far away from the survival horror genre, they really shouldn't call it Resident Evil anymore. I wasn't a fan of 6. I did however like 1-5.

Yeah the 1-5 were extremely good, I kind of dont like that they strayed from the horror aspect of the game also. Its like I know they were trying new things but they just now added in where you can move the same time as your shooting. I mean thats been a basic of first person shooters for as long as I can remember... But Ill maybe pick it up if I see on sale somewhere. Iv been having a really fun time playing Borderlands 2 which is excellent in my opinion.

Yeah the 1-5 were extremely good, I kind of dont like that they strayed from the horror aspect of the game also. Its like I know they were trying new things but they just now added in where you can move the same time as your shooting. I mean thats been a basic of first person shooters for as long as I can remember... But Ill maybe pick it up if I see on sale somewhere. Iv been having a really fun time playing Borderlands 2 which is excellent in my opinion.

I have good news man! Looks like another new RE game is coming to 360/PS3. It's a port of the 3DS RE game, but that game was fantastic! Definitely going to pick this up for the xbox. Check it out:

http://www.maxconsol...0000019695.html

Edited by WoIverine

How can anyone say that they loved RE4 & 5? 4 was not only the best RE but one of the best games ever made. The weapon upgrades, the challenges, the mood and overall gameplay. The extras at the end were great. Needless to say I was pumped about 5. RE5 was graphically great but a mediocre game. Gone were any real challenges, puzzles or exploration. It was nearly a straight and narrow corridor game where you just had to keep plugging down a given path with no alternate routes and if you died you just tried again. I found it boring and honestly didn't finish it but was probably close. I've played them all from the start and 4 is my gold standard. So if 6 is like 5 and nothing like 4, well I had 6 in my hands but chose to pass. I just heard it blew. But that's an opinion. Anyone feel like I do about 4 and 5 and tried 6 and like it?

How can anyone say that they loved RE4 & 5? 4 was not only the best RE but one of the best games ever made. The weapon upgrades, the challenges, the mood and overall gameplay. The extras at the end were great. Needless to say I was pumped about 5. RE5 was graphically great but a mediocre game. Gone were any real challenges, puzzles or exploration. It was nearly a straight and narrow corridor game where you just had to keep plugging down a given path with no alternate routes and if you died you just tried again. I found it boring and honestly didn't finish it but was probably close. I've played them all from the start and 4 is my gold standard. So if 6 is like 5 and nothing like 4, well I had 6 in my hands but chose to pass. I just heard it blew. But that's an opinion. Anyone feel like I do about 4 and 5 and tried 6 and like it?

Yep, pretty much man. 4 > 5 > 6, that about sums it up. I liked 5 because I had a coop friend to play it with, which was better. Solo campaign probably wouldn't be so appealing though. Revelations is really good though from what I hear.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Not been a fan of RE for a long time, not since the PS2 days and back then I preferred Silent Hill.

For my Zombie/horror type needs I usually play stuff like Killing floor and Dead Island.

I'm not sure about RE6, but I've heard the Dead Space games blow the series out of the water.

My mate plays Dead space and said it is the best horror game franchise he has ever played.

I played the demo and that was pretty good alone. lol

Maybe I'm just very anti about the new game. I really think 5 was longer, but I would think I'm just being difficult until I read many reviews about the game also seems others agree with me on it. I don't know to me it's very blahh.

Dead Space was an awsome game I have both the first one and the second one, cant wait till the third comes out. Im all over it