Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US warns China to back off Japan islands

Simbi Laveau

Oh joy,oh bliss. It's getting tetchy .

Hilary Clinton warns China to back off the disputed islands ,and China calls the USA a traitor .

What else is new ,but it would appear the USA has now taken a definitive stand in the matter .

http://www.tempo.com.ph/2013/01/china-warned/

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia/331584/clinton-warns-china-on-island-dispute-with-japan

Edited by Simbi Laveau

America gets involved in something that doesn't involve them, and gets told to p*** off.

Colour me shocked.

• Like 3

America gets involved in something that doesn't involve them, and gets told to p*** off.

Colour me shocked.

That is the problem, it does involve us. We have a treaty with Japan and have to owner our agreement to come to their defense if they are attacked or invaded. As it stands right now, that island is Japans.

• Like 3

That is the problem, it does involve us. We have a treaty with Japan and have to owner our agreement to come to their defense if they are attacked or invaded. As it stands right now, that island is Japans.

We failed to make clear that Kuwait was part of our "national interest" sufficiently to Saddam and look what we got. You have to lay markers occasionally to avoid greater problems. China is not going to war over uninhabited rocks where gas "may" be. Unless of course they have no respect for the leadership of the US any longer - unfortunately that's a strong possibility though....wars have begun before now because of perceived weakness.
  • Like 1

We failed to make clear that Kuwait was part of our "national interest" sufficiently to Saddam and look what we got. You have to lay markers occasionally to avoid greater problems. China is not going to war over uninhabited rocks where gas "may" be. Unless of course they have no respect for the leadership of the US any longer - unfortunately that's a strong possibility though....wars have begun before now because of perceived weakness.

I really don't think that was the problem with Saddam. It was the US who put him in power anyway, he was p'd off when they wanted him out.

you think i's Japans, the Chinese thonk it's theirs .....

Exactly it's like the Falklands islands.

If we where more evolved we would just let the islands decide what they want.

Edited by Coffey

Coffey no one is living on the islands. So be kind of hard to let them decide. ;)

Don't really see this as a huge surprise. If push comes to shove the US is going to side with the country they have an alliance with. Plus it is in their interests for China to lose this dispute.

If a corporation can be a person why cant an Island ?

This is also the issue with the kurill islands,which Russia and Japan both claim as their own .

Years of this,over both sets of islands .

Japan is so small and over crowded ,China and Russia are how big ?

Oil or no oil ,its ridiculous to me,all of it .