Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zoo to run out of food in 48 hours

Still Waters

Hundreds of exotic animals at Naples zoo are facing starvation, as keepers declare a state of emergency with food supplies set to run out in 48 hours.

Zoo keepers at the compound in the southern Italian city, said within two days hay, fruit and all other food will be finished, leaving the 300 tigers, giraffes, elephants and other animals, high and dry.

http://www.dailymail...risis-hits.html

Surely the Italian public will donate enough to keep them alive? I cannot imagine such a thing as letting these animals starve because a bankruptcy court is dragging it's feet :angry:

• Like 2

Surely people like Brigitte Bardot could help out here.

Failing that, how about take the animals back to their natural habitat?

Hundreds of exotic animals at Naples zoo are facing starvation, as keepers declare a state of emergency with food supplies set to run out in 48 hours.

Zoo keepers at the compound in the southern Italian city, said within two days hay, fruit and all other food will be finished, leaving the 300 tigers, giraffes, elephants and other animals, high and dry.

Leaving the giraffes high and dry? :rofl:

Hope they can find food for them all, otherwise it might be a Jumanji.

WTF? Can't the animals be relocated at least? And in allowing the animals to starve to death, isn't that some sort of horrific animal cruelty crime? And geez, how come they are at this point without having any sort of resolution on what to do?

Way not enough information in the article.... So I may be overly reactive with no good reason.

I can't believe they would just let these animals starve. Surely Italy's wealthy can step forward to help.

I would say send them back to their natural habitat but I'm wondering if they have been in captivity their entire lives could they survive.

Even if they came up with the expensive cost of transporting them, most would not make it in the wild. Some herbivores would have a small chance, but any predator would die very quickly. Its very hard to teach animals how to hunt.