Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

inventor and doctor work on survival pod

ozman

I couldn't fit everything in title due to forum title character limit but the story is that a Homeless entrepreneur and doctor have teamed up to invent a portable survival pod for the homeless.

full story here,

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-homeless-inventor-20130121,0,2251345.story?track=lat-pick

• Like 1

What an awesome story of hope! The bit where he asked the doc if he could hold onto his hand a bit longer made me tear up...... so many lost souls among us who even miss the touch of another human's hand...

• Like 1

I kinda wished, when reading the article, that they would have elaborated more on who the pod would eventually be marketed to. Municipalities? Festivals? I'm guessing the homeless folks who sleep in one aren't going to be able to afford to buy one...hell I doubt if I could afford to buy one.

Who is gonna buy these things? Who will clean them on a regular business if they are city property? I see the benefits...I just don't see the logistics.

• Like 1