Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little White Lies

Mr Right Wing

If you do lie about your qualifications I think they will notice if you get the job and can't do it.

• Like 1

A chancer, I like it lol

That's what I think when I see you knocking around ..Mr Chancer lol

Say Mr do right.. Let me know if you ever go on Jeremy Kyle show - I lied on my CV's and got away with it I don't normally get a chance to see day time TV but If you were on it, that would be funny :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

A lot of companies will fire you immidiately if you lie on your resume. Mostly this is because the person falsely claims to have a college diploma. They will start to verify every little thing if you you annoy someone in management.

I did have one job I left off my resume/CV. I was only there for a few weeks before quitting. It was a total nightmare job. Now I just say I was unemployed during that time.

That's what I think when I see you knocking around ..Mr Chancer lol

[media=]

[/media]

Say Mr do right.. Let me know if you ever go on Jeremy Kyle show - I lied on my CV's and got away with it I don't normally get a chance to see day time TV but If you were on it, that would be funny :P

Thats for chavs lol

Thats for chavs lol

Where do you work?

• Like 1

Thats for chavs lol

I know, that's why I suggested it for you lol ....The people on there are rough to look at and listen to.. I think they pull in any scrubber off the streets..

I kid Mr do right....You are not a chav, they wouldn't let you join, you don't have enough fake bling and Burberry to cut it :P

I know, that's why I suggested it for you lol ....The people on there are rough to look at and listen to.. I think they pull in any scrubber off the streets..

I kid Mr do right....You are not a chav, they wouldn't let you join, you don't have enough fake bling and Burberry to cut it :P

I'm not ruff, I dont wear a tracksuit and I own no bling.

How insulting! lol

I'm not ruff, I dont wear a tracksuit and I own no bling.

How insulting! lol

Ohh now..It could be that you are a chav..You completely misread my post, I clearly said I was kidding and you weren't a chav...... Chavs cant read properly, stop showing the symptoms Mr Chancer lol

And it's rough not ruff.. That too is chav speak :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ohh now..It could be that you are a chav..You completely misread my post, I clearly said I was kidding and you weren't a chav...... Chavs cant read properly, stop showing the symptoms Mr Chancer lol

And it's rough not ruff.. That too is chav speak :P

Good nite lol

Nope, I have never lied on my CV or any of that stuff. I wouldn't want to start a business relationship based on lies of any sort. I'd be really unhappy or angry if my prospective employer lied to me, so I wouldn't want to do it to them.

Guess I'm just too honest to dink around with lying. I usually don't tell little white ones like my girlfriend looks good when she does not, let alone flat out lying in relation to jobs.

This context is a good one for looking at when lying is okay and when it isn't.

If you gain personally from the lie then most people say the lie is wrong, but is that always so? What if you gain but no one else loses -- you get the job and they get a good employee. What if they ask questions on the application that they have no right to ask? Of course such a question might be a clue you don't want that particular job, but maybe not. In that case it would seem you do have the right to lie.

An absolute, such as, "Thou shall not lie," is, then, not workable and in fact in many cases harmful. All things being equal, truth is the best course. As Twain said, it doesn't require as good a memory, and, given the judgmental huff some people get themselves into when they discover your lie, you are perhaps better off sticking with the truth as much as possible even sometimes when it hurts.

Clearly, though, lying for personal gain or when it is harmful to others is almost always going to be wrong.

Hi Everybody

I realise many people are unemployed at the moment but I'm interested in how many of you lie on your CVs and to what extent -

Do you fabricate your qualifications?

Do you fabricate your software skills?

Do you fabricate your work history?

Do you fabricate your profile description to match the firms requirements?

Have you ever made an email account, pretended to be someone else and requested a reference from a previous employer to see what they write about you?

If they no longer have you on record have you lied about your job title, responsibilities and salary knowing you wont be caught?

If the business no longer exists have you made stuff up to make yourself an ideal applicant for a position

Have you ever got a friend or family member to pretend to be a boss so you can write out your own references?

Spill the beans!

Lol! You nosy parker.

My CV is one big white lie.

It's full of oxymorons like " loyal and reliable individual"," honest and trustworthy"," good observation skills" and " supportive to colleagues".

This is what you get when the Career Advices Bureau tell you to make selections for your CV out of certain keywords.

It's a good thing it's not freely distributed on the web to lure in potential employers and only exists in a printed document.

But I've got a reference from my ex factory manager which basically confirms these oxymorons in my CV and some.

Because this Social Enterprise is only limited to 25 vacancies I'm going to be doing more lying and cheating.

It's not exactly what I would call a dream job but it's better than a kick to the knackers.

But I can assure I havn't fabricated any qualifications,work history or software skills.

I'll hold my hands up to the fourth because most of it seems fictional.

As for the rest..not even I would stoop that low.

Edited by Medium Brown

Lol! You nosy parker.

When I think about it, with him sending sneaking emails to find out what his previous employers thought of him, knowing then who to use as a reference, is rather smart and funny lol

When I think about it, with him sending sneaking emails to find out what his previous employers thought of him, knowing then who to use as a reference, is rather smart and funny lol

He's just checking to see what lengths some people would do to get away with murder.

So I'm giving him a lifetimes supply of possible inspirational phrases to use on his CV.

Tbh there's nothing unusual in that because it's actually standard procedure.

So everything I've done is not actually my own work but he dosn't know the full SP just yet.

And I'm keeping schrum about any future lying and cheating as if I would do something like that.

What do you take me for. lol.

Edited by Medium Brown

I've never lied.

When I've told the truth, that is. :whistle: