Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

random altered states of consciousness.

Professor T

Just wondering how many others out there have had seemingly random & unexplained changes in your day to day natural state of consciousness.. I'm talking about seemingly random changes in perception that weren't induced by Meditation, drugs, food or alchol..

Here's my example... (It happened I think about 2 years ago and I was vacumming the carpet at the time)

For several minutes my mind lived under the assumption/truth that I would live for 30,000 years.. And I tell you this, it was a wonderful experience that temporarily gave me all the enthusiasm in the world to go out and do things and be whever I wanted to be, and to change the world into something new and exciting. For several minutes this Euphoric feeling that I would live for 30,000 years made every action I did so purposeful and meaningfull that it was a pleasure just to breathe & carry on vacuming for the rest of my life, lol.

This allowed me to briefly think like a being that had a 30K life-span. My thoughts seemed slower, my personal goals in life seemed unimportant next to society driven goals.. It was a wonderful feeling...

Anyhow... I'd forgotten all about this till a few days ago.. Now I'm wondering how common this kind of thing is..

Anyone have any similar stories to tell?

Certain times, not remembering the circumstances, I've had similar experiences. Not as big as your living 30,000 years, but personally profound for being such small thoughts.

I've had epiphanies(maybe 2 or 3 in the passed year) that seem so incredibly right, and it seemed like my viewpoint was different. Almost as if I'm in a "mode" of thinking from a different perspective. A perspective much more vast than my normal one. From what I remember they mainly happend during times when I was reflecting on myself, or in a deep state of thought.(I will add that they weren't huge epiphanies, like a cure for cancer, etc. They were just simple ones that, in that moment, was the most important thought in the world.)

I regret not writing them down, now, because I can't remember any of them. I do remember they were self-empowering, though. Similar to as you describe: euphoria, full of purpose/meaning, empowered.

• Like 1

Hello my old Friend.

I have had alot of moments when I have been driving, and can actually 'sense' or even 'feel' of danger or even my body has alerted me to Police activity e.g Police Alcohol testing etc.

Does that count? lol

• Like 1

Just wondering how many others out there have had seemingly random & unexplained changes in your day to day natural state of consciousness.. I'm talking about seemingly random changes in perception that weren't induced by Meditation, drugs, food or alchol..

Here's my example... (It happened I think about 2 years ago and I was vacumming the carpet at the time)

For several minutes my mind lived under the assumption/truth that I would live for 30,000 years.. And I tell you this, it was a wonderful experience that temporarily gave me all the enthusiasm in the world to go out and do things and be whever I wanted to be, and to change the world into something new and exciting. For several minutes this Euphoric feeling that I would live for 30,000 years made every action I did so purposeful and meaningfull that it was a pleasure just to breathe & carry on vacuming for the rest of my life, lol.

This allowed me to briefly think like a being that had a 30K life-span. My thoughts seemed slower, my personal goals in life seemed unimportant next to society driven goals.. It was a wonderful feeling...

Anyhow... I'd forgotten all about this till a few days ago.. Now I'm wondering how common this kind of thing is..

this almost sounds like you were experiencing the point of view of an Atlantean, or an alien. i know they both sound crazy, but both beings have exceptionally long life spans. so if you felt you would have that long, i can only assume you were remembering a past life as one of those. i dont know for sure, but check into past life regression. mediatate on visiting the hall of records so you can see what your past life may have been, possibly one in atlantis. that would be pretty damn cool wouldnt it? the hall of records is the Akashic records, same thing just diff name.

• Like 2

My story is also my reality. I follow the channeled Kryon teaching about DNA changes that lead to life extension, with a physical well being that borders on physical immortality.

When you live a life with that as your potential, every day survival thinking is gone. There are always issues which come up that must be dealt with, however the pressure to make a perfect choice is absent. That is because you have all the time you need to improve every circumstance.

John

• Like 1

Hello my old Friend.

I have had alot of moments when I have been driving, and can actually 'sense' or even 'feel' of danger or even my body has alerted me to Police activity e.g Police Alcohol testing etc.

Does that count? lol

This sounds like Premonitions.

ha, you've actually jogged my memory.. I had something similar while driving, quite a few years ago.. Just a feeling that I'd better slow down because there was going to be an accident.. and sure enough, there was and It was a narrow escape..

Am I right that it was just a feeling?

What you had was one of either two things, A. daydream. B. a brief disconnect with reality. Either way it's nothing to be concerned about, provided of course that it remains an isolated event and you don not allow it to affect your day to day life Edited by Blueogre2
  • Like 1

Maybe not random altered states but, lately i have been feeling sudden shifts in the "Force" if you can call it that. Like i would be talking to someone and then all of a sudden i feel this shift in the environment i am in. I don't know really how to describe it because it was just weird feeling. I felt a lot of them before December 21st 2012 and i thought it was because we were heading towards that date. I still feel them from time to time, but not as much.

• Like 1

I was laying in bed listening to music I think, and suddenly had the extremely odd epiphany that I know everything. I just suddenly knew. Upon this sudden realization, I started to burst into laughter. The absurdity that I hadn't realized that I know everything until this moment brought more laughter, and I was soon sitting on the floor in laughter. The feeling soon faded, but was so strong and sudden that it was an extremely odd shift in consciousness. The fact that instead of diving deeper into figuring out what I knew (which was theoretically anything I possibly wanted to know at the moment) I simply laughed in a somewhat less than sane manner was also noteworthy to me.

I can only remember the intense feeling of realization that I knew all there is to possibly know. I didn't actually learn anything at that moment, though. Instead, I just laughed and laughed at the absurdity that I hadn't realized this until now.

It was an overall uneasy moment. It's like, if you had the knowledge of all that is in your grasp, and you react like that?

Something just felt off.

• Like 1

What you had was one of either two things, A. daydream. B. a brief disconnect with reality. Either way it's nothing to be concerned about, provided of course that it remains an isolated event and you don not allow it to affect your day to day life

I dont think it was either tbh.. If it was a daydream it was realer than reality.. I doubt it was a disconnection with reality either, more like a shift if reality..

It is/was nothing I'm concerned with. Am just wondering how many others out there have had similar experiences.

yeah, sometimes i get these moments where everything makes sense. like the world doesnt matter. but i cant fully immerse myself in it. or like stevemagegod said, its like everything shifts. everything gets ...fervent.

• Like 1

This sounds like Premonitions.

ha, you've actually jogged my memory.. I had something similar while driving, quite a few years ago.. Just a feeling that I'd better slow down because there was going to be an accident.. and sure enough, there was and It was a narrow escape..

Am I right that it was just a feeling?

No we do get warnings like that... well yes it was a feeling but why say "just" before it?

I cant say ive had an experience like the one your discribing in the post... I daydream a lot and I think of "theories" all the time and also feel like I get cosmic-ish revelations or deep rooted human psychology revelations that pass by and I forget what they are (poetic mysteries/mythologies lol) but thats not quite the same as what your saying...

Certain times, not remembering the circumstances, I've had similar experiences. Not as big as your living 30,000 years, but personally profound for being such small thoughts.

I've had epiphanies(maybe 2 or 3 in the passed year) that seem so incredibly right, and it seemed like my viewpoint was different. Almost as if I'm in a "mode" of thinking from a different perspective. A perspective much more vast than my normal one. From what I remember they mainly happend during times when I was reflecting on myself, or in a deep state of thought.(I will add that they weren't huge epiphanies, like a cure for cancer, etc. They were just simple ones that, in that moment, was the most important thought in the world.)

I regret not writing them down, now, because I can't remember any of them. I do remember they were self-empowering, though. Similar to as you describe: euphoria, full of purpose/meaning, empowered.

I have these all day.. if you daydream and let your mind slip it often goes to some very interesting places..

I cant say ive had an experience like the one your discribing in the post... I daydream a lot and I think of "theories" all the time and also feel like I get cosmic-ish revelations or deep rooted human psychology revelations that pass by and I forget what they are (poetic mysteries/mythologies lol) but thats not quite the same as what your saying...

These three posts imho are events caused though Meditation..

These are common, repeatable & they can be really enlightening at the end of the day.. Their cause is known..

They aren't, however, random or unexplained..

Edited to add: Meditation in many cases is daydreaming.. Sometimes we meditate when we don't even intentionally know we are doing it... Contemplation, Day-dreaming, relaxing, reflecting on self, reminicing, these kind of thought streams can be medative.. I think.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

No we do get warnings like that... well yes it was a feeling but why say "just" before it?

Good point..

I guess there's no such thing as "Just" a premonition.. the word kind of doesn't give justice to the source of premotitions does it..

But I guess I said "Just" because it was a premonition, which is at the end of the day (as far as the OP goes) Just a feeling, even if that feeling is from a paranormal source.

• Like 1

Meditation in many cases is daydreaming.. Sometimes we meditate when we don't even intentionally know we are doing it... Contemplation, Day-dreaming, relaxing, reflecting on self, reminicing, these kind of thought streams can be medative.. I think.

Yeah, that's when I realized listening to music when laying with my eyes closed is a meditation for me, because during this time I'll realize that my mind has wandered off in so many directions, and I don't even remember all of the things I had just thought about. I then realize this was my mind going wherever it wants freely. So many people think that clearing your mind completely is meditating. It can be I guess, but it's just letting it go and not trying to control it that I think is the real magic moment.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's when I realized listening to music when laying with my eyes closed is a meditation for me, because during this time I'll realize that my mind has wandered off in so many directions, and I don't even remember all of the things I had just thought about. I then realize this was my mind going wherever it wants freely. So many people think that clearing your mind completely is meditating. It can be I guess, but it's just letting it go and not trying to control it that I think is the real magic moment.

The feeling of knowing everything must have been so powerfull.. lol, how cool..

If it was through meditation, then what song were you listening to? Have you tried to replicate it? Letting go is vital in meditation for sure, but, it makes it hard to replicate the kind of results we're after doesn't it.. That kind of knowing.... be it knowing you will live for 30,000 years or knowing that you know everything is powerfull stuff. I kind of feel as though it wasn't meditation, especially in my case.. but there was a definate shift in consiousness & perspective.. The perspective shift was that I felt taller.. I felt as though the house had shifted north-east by about 50 meters? These smaller details are things that don't fit the bill with standard meditation.. then again, I've only been practicing 7 months.

The other weirdness about the event, for me, was that I forgot it, or dismissed it.. And yet I can now remember a lot of the details around it, & I can also realise that it was something that is shaping the person I am today?

I do this most of the time when im driving.If i want to over take cars in front and dont have alot of road in veiw ahead if I feel apprehensive I dont go but if my body is relaxed I go .Try it when youre driving .Instead of overtaking just note what happens.Try blind bends as well just note how you feel then see whether you had a clear road or not .Do not actually overtake.Just observe how you feel and the out come.Been using this for years and trust my bodies reaction;

Sometimes while I am near sleep, I realize that I am in fact a Giant. I can tell because of a feeling in my teeth.

It feels nice to be a Giant even if only for a short amount of time.