Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
AquilaChrysaetos

I am officially done with all politics

32 posts in this topic

Boehner was on TV speaking with Republican groups claiming that Obama is trying to "annihilate the Republican party to the dustbin of history". Which wouldn't be a bad idea, because when there is only one party, there's nothing partisan to waste time and money bickering about. Philosophical differences between our elected officials will actually mean something when there is only one party (i.e. no parties).

The media focuses too heavily on partisanship these days and it's so subtle I don't think most people notice. Wolf Blitzer was doing it tonight repeatedly in reporting on the vast difference in treatment between Republicans and Democrats that Hillary Clinton received in her Benghazi interrogation. So much care, concern and behavior is dependent on party lines, so much information we receive is first strained through a partisan filter, so much attention is paid to party lines that we miss what really matters. Like what policy decisions our State Dept. is making in the wake of Benghazi to prevent another embassy from being attacked again. Wolf didn't even consider that, the political bickering was too important not to focus on. The biggest fireworks of the day were played and replayed on a loop, mainly Clinton losing her temper at Republicans along with the more personally damning comments made against her by Republicans, such as Rand Paul's admission that if she were his Sec. of State he would have fired her.

...and so what ever happened to all those Tea Party Conservatives elected in 2010? Swept into office by an electorate that wanted real change...the kind you can sink your teeth into you know? And what ever became of them? Some of them still try to do what's right...but they don't have any power....because you aren't ever going to have any power in Washington unless you vote the Party Line. And the Republicans have their Party Line, and the Democrats have their Party Line. And the People? Where the hell is the People's Party Line...well, we don't really have one. We get to vote...that's it. And we vote for good people and send them to the most corrupt place on Planet Earth, where they learn very quickly that if you don't play the game...you lose. But if you do play the game, you get rich, you have power...you are a god!

I don't blame AC really for tuning out of Politics...I tuned out of the Media a long time ago. It took me a while though to realize that we don't have any power to change anything. I used to think we did...but now I know different! Washington is broken and probably the best thing that could happen to this nation is if the entire Halls of Congress along with the White House suddenly was teleported away by the Klingons. But that isn't going to happen.

2 people like this

Nobody is forcing you to take part, but nothing is going to change if you do nothing about it. At the very least give your vote to third parties as a protest.

Sorry AC, but your attitude is hardly conducive to an open and friendly dialogue.

It certainly started out that way at least, until all the hate came on me over and over again. That's why I finally decided to hell with it.

As for the others like Bama and Fess, I could honestly care less what ya think anymore. It's extremist conservatives such as you that caused me to make this decision in the first place.

It certainly started out that way at least, until all the hate came on me over and over again. That's why I finally decided to hell with it.

As for the others like Bama and Fess, I could honestly care less what ya think anymore. It's extremist conservatives such as you that caused me to make this decision in the first place.

Like I said before. You are what you despise. I'm far from extreme and I don't think Bama is either. The reason we've been so combative is because everything I've seen you post has been off the wall and extreme left. Rational minds like myself can't let that drivel go unopposed.

1 person likes this

Like I said before. You are what you despise. I'm far from extreme and I don't think Bama is either. The reason we've been so combative is because everything I've seen you post has been off the wall and extreme left. Rational minds like myself can't let that drivel go unopposed.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240650&st=0

I think you would express yourself best on this thread.

Honestly I'm just done fighting over politics nowadays.

I originally registered as a Democrat, yet don't really believe a majority of that Democratic agenda now. I like some of the conservative values of Republicans, but unlike them I don't think they should be forced on people as law. The divide between Democrats and Republicans is just getting waaaaay too big and there's just no more room for guys like me in the middle.

Unlike the hate mongoring Republicans, I like Obama as a person really, and think he's an honest good man doing what he thinks is best. What really is best: don't really know since nearly all news sources seem to be nothing but pure bias, most of which really shouldn't be broadcast as factual "News" anyway. All I know is that it appears most of the Republicans nowadays (such as Romney who I definately don't like as a person) are just flat out apathetical and hateful toward everything while the Democrats just keep silently going about their business pushing their agenda regardless of whether people like or agree with them or not. Worst of all, neither party will compromise on one single frickin' thing.

Democrats just think everything's acceptible and Republicans are just so full of nothin' but hate and intolerance.

I can't just sit down and have a lively political debate with anyone anymore, no, It always has to turn into a loud obnoxious screaming cuss fight. If I so much as mention that I happen to like Obama okay, I get treated like I'm the flippin' antichrist.

Both parties are going more and more extreme every day. One keeps going left, the other keeps going right, and most importantly, neither one is even willing so much as to stop for once in the middle to help settle things.

I know most probably will get hateful and won't believe me, but I'm actually not that strong of a democrat. I'm a devout Christian who believes in some pretty strong values, such as my stances against abortion and stem cell research, to name a couple. I just happen to sorta lean toward Democrat more than Republican. Is that really so wrong? Apparently, since I get talked down to every day by a bunch of backwoods redneck conservatives that think that just because I like Obama I'm the child of friggin' Satan himself. I'm just so SICK OF IT!!

Therefore I am officially DONE with all politics whatsoever. Until there is once again some civilized, compromised, debating without name calling and with a little more middle ground, I am an official non-voter and associated with absolutely no political party, not even independent, at the current moment in time. I will be calling the city office first thing tomorrow morning and start asking about removing me from the voter registry. Thank you and good night.

There always going to be the two parties, however the biggest fear is the how to slove the debt problem and what party going to have the guts to do anything about it. You know we are going to like Greece where in the end all benifits may be taken away and the people will have to become more conservative.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240650&st=0

I think you would express yourself best on this thread.

Im not interested in expressing myself for the sake of it nor to judge people. I'm just here to comment on topics of interest. As a good sport though, I went there and gave permission to express opinions about me. So there you go.

Btw, I made a thread once about what I liked about certain posters. It was locked in like 10 minutes yet this thread goes on for days.

1 person likes this