Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

are aliens likely to exist or not?

ali smack

what are people's opinions regarding aliens?

do you think they exist?

don't exist?

are visiting us?

not visiting us?

Care to elaborate what you mean by aliens?

I believe there are other life forms out there... Im not saying i believe that we are being visited by advanced beings who are millions of years ahead of us in technology... but I think there is other life out there. Here on Earth there is live in the coldest of places and in the most inhospitible of places... miles under water, lifeforms living in sulfuric environments... the chances are just to great for there not to be life elsewhere.

• Like 3

I believe in life on other planets, i would even go as far to say i believe in highly intelligent life.

But i don't believe there's highly intelligent life in our solar system or that highly intelligent life is visiting us.

:D

• Like 3

are.

not sure.

I want to know too. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

I believe there are other life forms out there... Im not saying i believe that we are being visited by advanced beings who are millions of years ahead of us in technology... but I think there is other life out there. Here on Earth there is live in the coldest of places and in the most inhospitible of places... miles under water, lifeforms living in sulfuric environments... the chances are just to great for there not to be life elsewhere.

^This. :tu:

There are most definately other intelligent species in our galaxy or at least the universe.It is just to immense for there not to be other life.Google the drake equation/theory and you'll see what I mean.Then theres also the Distant Origin theory that "life" or rather the beginning of life, is carried by asteroids and comets throughout the universe, which infers the possibility that life on Earth came from an asteroid or comet and environmental factors on earth was favorable for the development of that life.

This then means that any other planet with favorable conditions will be able to support the development and evolution of life.

As to the question of "Are they here visiting us?", I dont know, I doubt it. But of course I have seen footage of things I cant just deny, so I'm kind of torn on that part of the debate.

• Like 1

Nope.

I ate the last one.

Full now.

27359a17-efaa-408c-8ae8-d776b84a39a7.jpeg

Did you go visit D in Texas already? :lol:

• Like 1

Then theres also the Distant Origin theory that "life" or rather the beginning of life, is carried by asteroids and comets throughout the universe, which infers the possibility that life on Earth came from an asteroid or comet and environmental factors on earth was favorable for the development of that life.

Also known as Panspermia.

Panspermia (Greek: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) "all" and σπέρμα (sperma) "seed") is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by meteoroids, asteroids and planetoids.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

I rather like that hypothesis myself, it seems almost elegant and considering the extremes to which life can exist and even thrive I'd say it's a decent contender for the origin of life here. However that still leaves the question of where and how life actually may have originated.

• Like 2

To take the Questions in order:

?

do you think they exist? Almost certainly.

don't exist? Almost certainly not.

are visiting us? May be, although if they are, it'd probably be for purposes of Scientific research rather than because they'd want to make Contract, I'd sugegst.

not visiting us? Possibly not, although the balance of probability does, I feel, sometimes suggest rather strongly that there do seem to be some things flying about in the Atmosphere that give every impression of being intelligently controlled devices. Beyond that, i would not like to speculate. :innocent:

• Like 1

if you have a square of green grass , one meter square.... surrounded by billions or trillions of square kilometers of sand dunes....

all things being equal , either there is something special about the 1 square meter of grass.... or there is something very special about every where else....

either something made earth a really intresting place ... or they made every where but here empty ....

also... totaly unrelated , ufo's seem to have the ablity to ajust the time constant at will... F=Ma is not hard to understand ... and accelaration should not be flexible.. unless you can turn time into a variable...

if you can change the nature of time, time travel is not only likly , it would be a given .

if you can controll time , then going into the past and ajusting civilazations out of exsistance would not be hard at all .

as a time traveler... you could quite easily remove every civilization for as far as the mind can reach ... into the past , and into the future , and you have all of time to double check that you didn't miss anything...

how ever , your planet of origin would need to be very carefuly protected from any disturbance.... not only from others , but you , yourself would need to leave it un disturbed...

if you have a square of green grass , one meter square.... surrounded by billions or trillions of square kilometers of sand dunes....

all things being equal , either there is something special about the 1 square meter of grass.... or there is something very special about every where else....

either something made earth a really intresting place ... or they made every where but here empty ....

also... totaly unrelated , ufo's seem to have the ablity to ajust the time constant at will... F=Ma is not hard to understand ... and accelaration should not be flexible.. unless you can turn time into a variable...

if you can change the nature of time, time travel is not only likly , it would be a given .

if you can controll time , then going into the past and ajusting civilazations out of exsistance would not be hard at all .

as a time traveler... you could quite easily remove every civilization for as far as the mind can reach ... into the past , and into the future , and you have all of time to double check that you didn't miss anything...

how ever , your planet of origin would need to be very carefuly protected from any disturbance.... not only from others , but you , yourself would need to leave it un disturbed...

well you made that clear. (?) Or maybe it was just the 3 space gaps between your words which made it awkward to read.

Yes I will state that I believe its a certainty that life elsewhere exists, heck we could even find something as close to us as Europa if we ever get a probe under the surface and into the water. WATER! A requirement for life! But it may only be microbial...and we wont know till we we go look, and thats probably a very long way off yet.

BUT even microbial life..is life!

The issue I have 'always had' is with visitation. I don't think its ever happened so far, as much as sci-fi films create fantastical space ships and FTL travel, well thats the bit I have trouble with. The sheer distances and logistics of such travel are staggering, even if you can travel at the speed of light.

Edited by seeder

I believe there is definitely life elsewhere in the Universe.

I do not know if life commonly evolves to the level where species become technologically minded or advanced or if the imperative of the "survival of the fittest" actually makes it more difficult/rare for stable societies and technologies to evolve.

Whether they visit or know we are here I have yet to receive conclusive evidence of.

• Like 2

Also known as Panspermia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

I rather like that hypothesis myself, it seems almost elegant and considering the extremes to which life can exist and even thrive I'd say it's a decent contender for the origin of life here. However that still leaves the question of where and how life actually may have originated.

Panspermia, aka the Commercial Traveler Effect, Door-to-door Salesman Effect, Window Cleaner Effect, or Milkman effect

faster than light travel is not a good bet , near speed of light is all thats needed to dialate time so you travel 500 light years and only feel 2 years of times passing ....

what we think of as life is actualy not very likly any where else... 20% oxygen , and water as a basic life function may work on earth.... but oxygen burns things up its so reactive , and water is the universal solvent , desolving nearly anything you place in it . DNA useing left hand pare nucalic asid is about as likly as UFO's containing R2D2 and C3Po ....

in the local solar system , finding life is not good , but its magnitudes better than other places ....

that said , let us hope that i am wrong... ( i sure hope i am )

I think the evidence that life originated here and did not arrive from elsewhere is convincing. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist elsewhere too, its just that given a reducing atmosphere, multiple sources of energy, a large ocean, and millions of years, what do we expect?

If only Police Constable Alan Godfrey had had a dashcam we'd have a terrific close-up of the UFO that blocked the road in front of his patrol car and abducted him one night, then he wouldn't have to sketch it like he did below-

AlanGodfrey.jpg

http://www.ufocasebo...yabduction.html

Nowadays more people are carrying cameras and videocams than ever before, and there are CCTV cams everywhere so hopefully its just a matter of time before something sensational is caught on film.

PS- are there any UFO researchers here who can tell me the exact spot where Godfrey's encounter took place so I can check it out on google Street View?

Edited by Crikey

If only Police Constable Alan Godfrey had had a dashcam we'd have a terrific close-up of the UFO that blocked the road in front of his patrol car and abducted him one night, then he wouldn't have to sketch it like he did below-

Nowadays more people are carrying cameras and videocams than ever before, and there are CCTV cams everywhere so hopefully its just a matter of time before something sensational is caught on film.

PS- are there any UFO researchers here who can tell me the exact spot where Godfrey's encounter took place so I can check it out on google Street View?

street view? this happened over 30 years ago, even when I Google up my childhood home I dont recognize zip, except the actual house. Anyway as per wiki it happened on Burnley Road. Why not make this a separate thread seeing as youve now posted it twice on others threads? The advantage of doing that is it may well get more responses, after all, who will expect to find this subject under this threads title?

also see:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=139927

Edited by seeder

Nope.

I ate the last one.

Full now.

27359a17-efaa-408c-8ae8-d776b84a39a7.jpeg

Hardly, hardly.....This statement is no more accurate than a person shuts their eyes and claim light doesn't exist.

If someone completely shut the door on the possibility at every twists and turns, It impossible for anything to get through. Not for the lack of trying, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg

• Like 1

If you consider they have been discovering more and more Earth like planets and there have also been a lot of abductions and close encounters of the 3rd kind it seems very likley indeed. :tu:

AlanGodfrey.jpg

The Alan Godfrey case was real X-files type stuff. If memory serves me correctly he was also involved in a murder investigation where the deceased appeared to killed under unusual circumstances, possibly a UFO.

ufo_reconstruction_200.jpg

MYSTERY | a reconstruction depicts the discovery of a Yorkshire miner's body

ufo_adamski_150.jpg

Zigmund Adamski's body was discoverd in a coal yard

Alan Godfrey was one of the two officers to inspect the body of the deceased Zigmund Adamski. Adamski's body was found lying on a heap of coal in Tomlin's coal yard in the town of Todmorden at 15:45 on Wednesday June 11, 1980. Godfrey's inspection revealed that the body had been crudely dressed: he was wearing an overcoat and a vest, but no shirt. His jacket was fastened unevenly, the fly of his trousers was unzipped, and his shoes were not tied properly. Godfrey thought that the shoes seemed as though they had been placed on Adamski's feet by someone else.[3] The forensic inspection of the body revealed that he had died of a heart attack, and had been dead for at least 8 hours before the police arrived.[3] There were other unusual circumstances as well: Though Adamski was found at the top of a pile of coal, no scuffs or traces of coal dust were found on his clothing or skin, nor were there any signs on the coal itself to suggest that he had climbed to the top of the pile. Furthermore, strange burn marks were found around the back of his head, and another on the back of his neck that was covered in an unknown gel-like substance. Neither the burn marks nor the substance were ever identified. It was concluded that Adamski had been missing for six days prior to the discovery of his body.[3]Godfrey was tasked with investigating the case (thought to be a homicide), but was not able to ascertain what had happened to Adamski.

The investigation into the death of Adamski was dropped later that year, and a security clampdown forbade officers from speaking to the press.[4] Reflecting on the case in 1993, coroner James Turnbull claimed that the case absolutely mystified him. He also expressed some willingness to believe, along with popular speculation, that a UFO had been involved.[2] The case remains unsolved.

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslincs/series2/ufo_alien_abduction_yorkshire_pennine_sighting_adamski_mystery.shtml

Also a similar beared alien was reported in another case in Winchester, Hampshire, England. This would have been four years before the Godfrey abduction.

zig1418.jpg?height=400&width=296