Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how many did bundy kill ?

spursfan

I'm halfway through a book on ted bundy, called 'the only living witness' and its dark and fascinating. I saw in a newspaper earlier this year that a new book was out claiming he killed up to a hundred women. Didn't he confess to killing about 20, whilst i think he was only convicted on 2 murders. I also read elsewhere he may have killed a local girl when he was a teenager. How many women did bundy kill ?

He's probably the most notorious and one of the most evil serial killers. Its unbelievable what he did to those poor women. It seems he also kept some of his victims alive for a few days, probably somehow keeping them unconscious somehow - its chilling

• Like 1

I'm not sure we will ever really know the total count. But we may still be able to learn more. We do have a blood sample of his and maybe they will be able to match up DNA to help close some currently unsolved cases.

• Like 2

thanks for the replies.

I've finished reading the book ,the only living witness' by stephen michaud and hugh aynesworth and towards the end they write about bundy's victim count. Bundy confesses to bill hagmaier that he killed 30 women. This is in the week leading up to his execution. Bundy is questioned about rumours he may have killed women in vermont, New Jersey and elsewhere. Bundy denies killing in those states.

Remarkably Bundy is also a suspect in a killing when he was just 14. Eight year old anne MArie Burr disappeared in august 1961 and Bundy lived in the neighbourhood. He also denies killing anne marie.

Then, just hours before his execution bundy confesses to 2 more murders, one in utah and one in colorado. This makes 32 victims.

Whther we believe this as a final total is another matter. Bundy, in his last week, tried to bargain for a stay of execution by offering confessions and help in locating bodies - what a cynical thing to do.

Bundy's is certainly a haunting, scary and fascinating case. He was apparently caught by one of his relatives when he was a toddler slipping knives into her bed as she slept.

Only he knew that and that went with him the day he was fried. May he burn in Hell

• Like 1

Most of his victims remains that went unfound no longer exist and have returned to the Earth.

thanks for the replies.

I've finished reading the book ,the only living witness' by stephen michaud and hugh aynesworth and towards the end they write about bundy's victim count. Bundy confesses to bill hagmaier that he killed 30 women. This is in the week leading up to his execution. Bundy is questioned about rumours he may have killed women in vermont, New Jersey and elsewhere. Bundy denies killing in those states.

Remarkably Bundy is also a suspect in a killing when he was just 14. Eight year old anne MArie Burr disappeared in august 1961 and Bundy lived in the neighbourhood. He also denies killing anne marie.

Then, just hours before his execution bundy confesses to 2 more murders, one in utah and one in colorado. This makes 32 victims.

Whther we believe this as a final total is another matter. Bundy, in his last week, tried to bargain for a stay of execution by offering confessions and help in locating bodies - what a cynical thing to do.

Bundy's is certainly a haunting, scary and fascinating case. He was apparently caught by one of his relatives when he was a toddler slipping knives into her bed as she slept.

I don't think that is cynical, more practical. If you believe you have a means of holding the proverbial hangman at bay why wouldn't you use it?

He is frightening and his end was inevitable, it is nauseating to think we share the world with people who think nothing of ending the lives of others. It would have been a dark and ugly place to live (in his mind I mean).

Bundy never told any one the total number of people he killed. Even to the very end of his life he was Smiling and very smug. He thought is was a joke.

Some people think he killed 100. I don't know but he was one of the sickest S.O.Bs I've ever read about

Al Bundy was a killer?

Sorry... never seen the Ted part.

Edited by Eldorado

when one detective put it to him that he had killed 36 women he said 'add one digit to that', so that could imply its over a hundred.

He certainly enjoyed the media attention and notoriety his crimes brought him. He enjoyed the trials. Certainly one of the sickest, most evil killers ever.

In the book 'zodiac' by robert graysmith he lists murders in california and surrounding states which could've been committed by the zodiac killer, who was of course never caught. I think some of the murders listed in his book could've been committed by bundy. I don't think the zodiac killed as many as he claimed - at one point i he claimed 37 killings. Only 5 killings are definately attributed to zodiac.

Bundy was also an incredibly shallow man, he was ashamed of his family when a kid because they were working class and he took great pleasure in shop lifting expensive items. He was v materialistic.

He saw the women he killed as possessions and his drive was to possess them. He was always attractive to women so he didn't lack for female company.

Edited by spursfan

Personally, I believe that you could push Ted's body count easily to 100. Human life except his own meant nothing to him. At the end, he was still trying to save his worthless ass by stringing cops along.