Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you want to know when the world ends?

Professor T

Would you want to know when the world ends?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to know when the world ends?

• Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date.
    • No, I would not want to know till it happens
    • Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun

death is over rated , the end of the world is not personal , its just a matter of time .

knowing would not change my plans at all , i would go to work , pay my bills and not likly change what i had for lunch .

more likly than not the greatest change would be in dealing with the people around me .

the people who have never lived a single day of their life , and must now live a life time in what time they have left.

Nope, wouldn't want to know. I also have no intentions of trying to stick around and scratch out a living in a post-cataclysm world...if you want to, go for it. My wife and I have actually discussed this and we agree we would rather go out in the first flash than to struggle every day. From my point of view, there is enough people that want to hang on, I will not be missed.

Would I want to know when the world ends?

I would not want to know when it would end. I would rather enjoy the time living my life to the best of my ability and not do anything that I would not normally do during that time. Everything has a beginning and an end. We are simply mortals that are powerless to prevent such an end. Our imagination compels us to want to see the 'beyond' however, it is that same imagination that delivers a sense of sciolism, superficial pretensions to knowledge.

Would we be better off knowing when the world was to end? Would that not in itself be the catalyst of an hysterical end? It is for this reason, as to why I would not want to know.

I accept that our planet will have its own end... some day... in perhaps a billion years. What I find difficult to accept is that the Human race could very well one day become extinct. We are a race of seekers, explorers and wonderers. We should seek to enjoy what we already have. Everyone of us has a opportunity to be remembered. I want to be remembered as I was living, not how I prepared for an end that was uncontrollable.

(The above I state in regards to a -natural- cosmic end. If the world was to end by Human hands, then I would want to gather, council and find refuge. Regarding a Human created end, that is something that we can actually prevent whereas a cosmic end there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it.)

---The planet’s survival has become so uncertain that any effort, any thought that presupposes an assured future amounts to a mad gamble.

Elias Canetti

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

I'd want to know. I'm 550 miles from my family and would go back to PA and wait it out with them.

• Like 1

Unless it's an instant thing, I don't think I would have a choice in the matter. A lot of end of world scenarios have some sort of warning.

So, would I like that warning as early as possible? Sure. I'd rather know that a meteor is going to smack in a few years than not know till some big effing thing was in the sky. Or that plague X was breaking out when it first gets declared rather than find out after a ton of the population has been hit.

Would I want a prophet that is true to tell me correctly the exact time? Probably not. I'm cool with knowing my days are numbered, but I think it would flake me out a bit to know Friday at 3:45.

I wish I could change my vote..

I'm the moron who voted for "Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun (1 votes [6.67%])"

I voted that way because I've assumed that people who speculate about the end of the world are just hoodwinked into their beliefs and that they get some weird plesure out of it.. It seems more likely they are just caught up in an over tangle in the whole concept of the 'end of the world is Nigh!'

Now that I've given it a lot more thought, and read everyones posts, I would rather I didn't know...

Ignorance is bliss. But only if there is nothing that can be done to stop it or ensure the survival of the species..

And if there really is someone out there who does know when the end will come, then I feel very sorry for the burden on their shoulders.