Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for a First-person Shooter on Xbox360

Paranoid Android

I agree, CoD is still the best if one likes these types of shooters.

The problem now is Dead Space 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, etc have chosen to go the way of action-oriented FPS CoD-like.

Now that I have played Dead Space 1, and got sick of all the backtracking and all the narrow corridors and the telegraphed scares. I don't care much that Dead Space has gone the way of CoD. I hear Dead Space 2 has more random and scarier moments. But still... ONLY backtracking through corridors and ONLY clearing rooms of nasties WHILE playing the errand boy gets old after a while.

The problem with FPS going the way of CoD is really is it all basically boils down to "take the hill" type action with little brooding atmosphere, little puzzle solving, little strategy leaves little to the imagination of the player.

Sorry to stray from the topic for a second, but did any of you guys play Batman: Arkham City? That was probably one of the most epic games I've ever played.

Sorry to stray from the topic for a second, but did any of you guys play Batman: Arkham City? That was probably one of the most epic games I've ever played.

You can post a thread about it if you want but no I haven't played Arkham City.

I have Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition and that game has awesome graphics and great gameplay.

My only complaint is there really isnt any combos to learn at least at the stage of the game I am in. Really all it takes is alot of rapid X, Y, X, Y (blue, yellow) button punching. There is really nothing to it at this point. However, I am still pretty early in the game and haven't encountered too many bosses or armed convicts.

But the graphics are awesome, love the fight choreography, and the Batman tech.

And what I love most of all it is so delightfully faithful to the source material. Nolan should have taken notes from these game designers!

If you are a DC Comics or a Batman fan, what are you doing without this title in your collection?

So I've started playing my Xbox again recently. I bought Halo 4 (big Halo fan) and really loved the story Arc. But alas, it ended too quickly. Even replaying it on Legendary only made the same story a little longer so I sent it back for a refund.

These days much of the Xbox gamer community is focused on Xbox Live, unfortunately I don't have a Live account. First, I don't want to pay 100 bucks a year to sign up. Second, I don't want to end up spending all my time on the console (which would happen if I paid for Xbox Live). Unfortunately, this also means that much of the content of games is unavailable to me. I can't engage in endless multiplayer skirmishes. The fun of my gaming must be enjoyed in the storyline arcs and gameplay of Single player combat.

So with that in mind, I am looking for a First-person shooter to hold my interest. Halo 4 (already played) was good (great storyline, actually), but because it was so short it left me wanting more. The obvious choice is between Black Ops and Modern Warfare, but I thought I'd ask the UM community about which game they think has the best Single Player experience. Is it COD, MW, or something else?

Any help is appreciate :tu:

~ Regards, PA

Check out Far Cry 3.

It's s Sandbox / FPS that has gorgeous graphics, a compelling story, and a great single player mode.

Bioshock: Infinite is coming out - you should check that out.

As well as Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. You should expect to see Fallout: New Vegas 2 here pretty soon.

I would NOT recommend Black ops 2 for the single player campaign, I have played it and it is really short, a lot shorter than what I would of liked... It is good on multiplayer though

I would recommend what Kipperphoenix and Eonwe have recommended,.... Far Cry 3

I would NOT recommend Black ops 2 for the single player campaign, I have played it and it is really short, a lot shorter than what I would of liked... It is good on multiplayer though

I would recommend what Kipperphoenix and Eonwe have recommended,.... Far Cry 3

I didnt think too much of Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry 2, the game's AI can be unpredictably very stupid and unpredictably very smart. And the latter makes the game rather difficult because enemy NPCs will spawn right next to you or will instantly locate you were you are well hid. Other times like the former, these NPCs will spend hours with their backs turned to you until you kill them. I heard the XBOX version of Far Cry Instincts is better than the shorter 360's Instincts Predator. I also dont like the fact about FC2 is that you are basically an errand boy throughout the whole game.

On that note, two strikes against the FC franchise, should I give FC3 a shot when the pre-owned price goes down?

Heard that Aliens Colonial Marines was a let down. Anybody play it yet?

I almost bought this game but two youtube users uploaded long video walkthroughs on the game and I thought it looked very sucky. Perform a yt search "Alien Colonial Marines walkthrough" and see for yourself if this game is for you.

Edited by B Jenkins

Ever since watching Angry Joe's review of Far Cry 3, I catch stop listening to the main theme of the game. It is haunting and beautiful and strangely moving.

Heard that Aliens Colonial Marines was a let down. Anybody play it yet?

Wolverine and everybody, if you are interested in a great review of Aliens Colonial Marines -- go to youtube and search "Aliens Colonial Marines Angry Joe Reviews".

He gives an brilliant rundown on the whole game and all of its features then proceeds to rip it a new one with some hilarity!

I have been watching Angry Joe Reviews on youtube since last week after I got back into gaming big time and this dude really knows his stuff.

I posted a thread devoted to the review but its has since been deleted by a mod as I did forewarn viewers there was strong language due to frequent f-bombs.

Then I watched his review for Far Cry 3 and he convinced me that this game is quite a leap above its predecessors. I want to play it if not own now.

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Perfect Dark is available via XBLA.

You know you want to ;3

(I'm not sure if you know this, but you don't need a Gold Membership account to download games from the Arcade.)