Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Poll - Where do you get your crypto info?

orangepeaceful79

Where do you get your cryptozoology information?   

7 members have voted

1. 1. From where do you PRIMARILY get your cryptozoology information? Pick one.

• Internet Websites (BFRO, Cryptomundo, Shuker Nature, Unexplained Mysteries, Facebook, and the like)
    • Books, Magazines, and other printed sources.
    • Your own personal field research.
    • Word of mouth.

I was just curious. This poll sort of rips off a post I saw of Rafterman's in the recent Mothman thread. So thanks Rafterman for the seed idea for this poll. :tu:

Loren Coleman has always been a constant source of information throughout the years. I've always thought that he was a no-nonsense type like John Keel or Charles Fort.

Crytomundo is top draw. Bigfoot Evidence is just a source of entertainment, especially the trolls in the comments section. They make my day.

Edit: Fat fingers and touchscreen shouldnt mix.

Edited by danbell06
  • Like 1

From where do you PRIMARILY get your cryptozoology information?

Destination Truth lol. :D

I'm not that well versed with cryptozoology.

Oh, and MonsterQuest when it ran a few years back.

I can't pick a primary source. It is a pretty even variety.

Though a hiker and camper (not so of late due to hubby's back), I haven't been out looking for evidence. I view what others post, put in books, websites, articles, tv shows as evidence.

Mainly Internet sites.

Edited by TroodonMan56

From the Internet sources, mainly.

Crytomundo is top draw.

Take Cryptomundo with a grain of salt. Loren Coleman was taken in by the Georgia Bigfoot Hoax. Originally he posted Bigfoot Body: Georgia Gorilla” Will Shock The World:

Posted by: Loren Coleman on August 12th, 2008

Breaking News: Photos Released ~ Click HERE!

I have just talked with Robert Barrows, R.M. Barrows, Inc., Advertising & Public Relations, Burlingame, California, who informed me the following release has been distributed to news agencies worldwide. It is now in the hands of the media at large, and they will be going with this story. The embargo on the news is lifted. Therefore, here it is for Cryptomundo readers.

I feel, in all honesty, this, indeed, may be the real deal, and I say this carefully after reviewing information that has been shared privately with me. I cannot say more yet. But people will be very surprised. ~ Loren Coleman, Bigfoot! The True Story of Apes in America.

When his "Georgia Gorilla" was revealed to be a costume Coleman went back to edit, censor, and alter the posting to Bigfoot Body: Hoax so that he did not look so gullible.

See here for more information.

cryptoons.jpg

http://forums.randi....=119251&page=18

Coleman's 1962 Nape Footprint hoax.

• Like 1

While a few sites are useful for "news updates", I've read several books on the subject over the years and still read some new ones from time to time.