Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

have you ever seen a cryptid/ or unexplained

ali smack

have you ever seen a cryptid/ or unexplained animal?

I have seen some unexplained animals.

I have seen a bat that was the colour of a bananna, and have no idea what it was.

I've heard some weird things coming from the forest at night but have never seen anything.

Maye it was an albino.

Rafterman killed a demon the other day that was trying to steal his latte.

He needs to give Sakari some pointers then.

No, I've never seen a cryptid and I know I never will, imo.

Any unknown, to me, animal, I have to search and ask until I find out its name. I do this all the time with invertebrates (mostly insects).

I did hear the craziest, most bizarre animal in distress noise, I have ever heard in my neighborhood that butted up to a ravine.

I still have not matched it to any animal. But do I think it was a cryptid? Again, no.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I dunno. I've seen things in the woods that I haven't been too sure what they were or wasn't able to identify, but I'm not sure they were cryptids. They may have been animals or maybe I saw a tree or rock funny due to my perspective.

Have I ever caught square sight of a critter and had no idea what is was to the point I thought it might be a cryptid? No.

I've heard lots of strange noises that I have no idea what they were, but that could be anything.

When I was a little kid, about 8-10 years old or there abouts, I was, with my younger brother, staying with my Auntie Joan up in Otterburn. It was the midst of summer and we were down by the river when me and my brother saw a blue dragonfly about 2 and half feet long. It was the biggest insect I'd ever seen in my life and freaked both me and my brother out.

Hell, if it was trying to steal my latte I'd have killed it too. Those things can be expensive any more. He can get his own or die as far as I'm concerned.

The closest thing to an unknown I have seen would be a metallic blue Tiger Beetle. Normally the species in question is metallic green, this one must have lacked yellow pigment resulting in a blue individual. No true unknown animals though.

Tried to catch it but the little suckers are really fast!

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

I got chased by this massive raccoon once in the middle of the city. Damn thing chased me a block. Could swear it was a cryptid. Itleast at the time. :yes:

have you ever seen a cryptid/ or unexplained animal?

I have seen some unexplained animals.

I have seen a bat that was the colour of a bananna, and have no idea what it was.

Yellow bat like this:

WesternYellowBat

or this:

P1150696a yellow winged Bat S

Is that like what you saw?

The closest thing to an unknown I have seen would be a metallic blue Tiger Beetle. Normally the species in question is metallic green, this one must have lacked yellow pigment resulting in a blue individual. No true unknown animals though.

Tried to catch it but the little suckers are really fast!

That is cool! They are hard to catch (and find depending where you live) and beautiful. I remember in college in entomology class we got extra credit on our insect collections if we got a Tiger beetle! I did. I still remember spotting it on a rock on a sunlit path.

Sorry, guess you have to be an insect freak to appreciate that! :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

When I was a little kid, about 8-10 years old or there abouts, I was, with my younger brother, staying with my Auntie Joan up in Otterburn. It was the midst of summer and we were down by the river when me and my brother saw a blue dragonfly about 2 and half feet long. It was the biggest insect I'd ever seen in my life and freaked both me and my brother out.

Wasn't Martin O Niell was it?

So that's why demons are so cranky and on edge. I've always wondered about that.

:lol:

So that's why demons are so cranky and on edge. I've always wondered about that.

:lol:

Yes apparently the emmissaries of Satan himself, in all their power and terrible abilities are woefully unable to procure coffee for themselves, so they resort to stealing in order to stave off the inevitable caffeine headaches which plague them.

Seems about right....anything's game when we are talking paranormal stuff.

• Like 1

That is cool! They are hard to catch (and find depending where you live) and beautiful. I remember in college in entomology class we got extra credit on our insect collections if we got a Tiger beetle! I did. I still remember spotting it on a rock on a sunlit path.

Sorry, guess you have to be an insect freak to appreciate that! :whistle:

Yeah, I used to collect insects as a kid, the most frustrating thing was not having a net when you needed one! Once I saw what I later learned was an Asian butterfly (if I remember right) on the east coast near the ocean, but could not catch it bare handed. Never saw another like it, but that's life, lol.

These days I just plant things that attract butterflies to the yard, they have a tough time locally and many species I saw as a kid have been gone for years now. Too bad really.

• Like 1

I did encounter a nasty odor once while deer hunting in Georgia, never did see anything of find any other evidence like footprints or hair. Couple weeks later is when my Buddy told me of his encounter where he said he saw one.

Went looking for Cressie one day a couple years back. Didn't see anything, but I'd go back and swim around a bit if I had the chance. Got a picture with the statue of the "monster," too.

Closest thing for me was old footage of the Tazmanian Tiger - seeing that last poor guy pace back and forth still brings me a twinge of sadness. What an amazing looking beast, very "prehistoric" looking.

I thought I pulled a cryptid out of the Barnegat Bay when I was like 8, ugliest creature ever, but it was just a fish called an "oyster cracker"....or was it? dun dun dun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw what appeared to be a wolf in a ravine close to my place. It was dark, it was just outside the light of the sidewalk lamp, and at first I thought it was a small female deer. When I said to myself (out loud) "oh s**t its a deer" it raised its head and looked at me, and it definatly was not a deer. Even an "eastern coyote" (Canadian term?), which I think is a wolf/coyote hybrid, is not thought to live this far south. Biggest canine I have ever seen in person. Prolly not a crypid, but it was quite unexpected (by unexpected I mean there should be a 0% chance of wolves in toronto ontario).

*Biggest canine I have ever seen - There is a Great Dane that is owned in my apartment complex. It may or may not be bigger than what I saw, but I would say the two are definitely comparable.

Mountain Lion up on my little ridge.

Supposedly they don't exist here, so that technically qualifies them as a cryptid by general consensus.

Edited by Xetan