Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Woman dies after being exposed to cockatiel

3 posts in this topic

A grandmother died from a rare and deadly lung condition after almost ten years of being exposed to her grandson's pet cockatiel.

Lilian Kershaw, 84, developed the little-known disease bird fancier's lung after breathing in particles from the bird's droppings and feathers when its cage was being cleaned out,

Despite never handling cockatiel Charlie, the retired cotton mill worker became increasingly breathless while exposed to the bird in her living room, an inquest heard.

http://www.dailymail...dling-bird.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dreaded cockatiel exposure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard of bird fanciers lung with people who raise birds and are around a LOT of them all time, but I've never heard of anyone getting it who had just one single bird, interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.