Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman,23, Freezes Head, Hopes For Cancer Cure

Still Waters

It seems like the stuff of science fiction, a dying young woman decides she wants to be frozen after her death until a cure is found for brain cancer.

But for the family of Kim Suozzi, 23, it`s not fiction.

Kim`s decision to be frozen after death is based on the hope science will someday find a way to bring her back to life after finding a cure for cancer.

At first, the more Kim’s mother learned of her daughter’s plan, the more difficult it became to accept, especially when she heard all that would be frozen was Kim’s head.

http://fox2now.com/2...ure/?hpt=us_bn9

I read she had a lot of trouble coming up with the money to do it .

If Disney has been waiting for decades for this,I feel sorry for them .

Her parents will probably be dead by the time any of this comes to fruition

....wait what? only her head? can they only bring someones head back to life? and would that even be worth it?

....wait what? only her head? can they only bring someones head back to life? and would that even be worth it?

In the FUTURE they can.

In the FUTURE they can.

IF the future is in 1962.

ah...yes...the brain that wouldn't die!

thebrainthatwouldntdie_zpsa3c2941e.jpg

Edited by joc

Sad..to be so hopelessly attached to life that they are willing to waste resources on an equally wasteful endeavor.

Even if it was possible, who and what would be there, waiting for her? How would she think to adapt and survive in a world that will invariably be different from what she has now?

• Like 1

Sad..to be so hopelessly attached to life that they are willing to waste resources on an equally wasteful endeavor.

Even if it was possible, who and what would be there, waiting for her? How would she think to adapt and survive in a world that will invariably be different from what she has now?

I have to agree Ryu...it is sad. But, this is the mindset of Humanity....a distorted view of life and death. Death is a part of life. It cannot be overcome. Not only is it a part of life...it is the essential fuel of life itself.

I would not want to be the one who cut her head off. :cry:

I saw a pretty disturbing video of a scientist who decapitated a dogs head and kept it alive for a certain amount of time with machines. The head even responded to certain stimuli.

I wont post the video but it's on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

She's not the only one.

05848434_futurama_nixons_head.png