Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very weird experience in my X's old house

Nevan

hello this is my first post here, just really want to see what people think about this; this all happened in my ex's place a few years ago.

when we first met, him and his family have had alot of trouble with ghosts in their house. i know for a fact that it was really haunted too, especially because of the location. heres some history on this place- he lived in charlestown MA, right near the Bunker Hill memorial, where that battle of Bunker Hill took place, so naturally alot of people died there. his house is literally right near the monument. also, his bedroom which is in the basement wasnt originally part of the house, his father and a few other people had to actually dig the space for the room out, and knock down walls to build it...and his father told me that when they did, they actually found a skull in the dirt, along with empty booze bottles..creepy enough. well anyway, theyve always had spirits drifting around their place, you could tell when they were around too, you could just feel like someone else was in the room with you. also his mother was a practicing witch, a wiccan, and did alot of rituals and dealt with these ghosts before. ok enough of all that...lol..when i was staying over for the weekend once, it was during a time when him and his dad were remodeling part of the basement, taking a meter room down. and there was one certain wall in that room that was very odd...whenever anyone would touch that certain part of the wall with their eyes closed, it would feel like they were in a void; when i tried doing this, it felt really cold, and almost felt as if you were in a tunnel...quite a strange sensation. well after they demolished that part of the wall, weird things started happening, youd hear far off voices, things like that; a mirror in the other room actually fell of the wall by itself and broke perfectly down the middle(this room is where he had a recording studio, it was a finished basement). so the first night i was there, we were sitting around just watching tv, this was about 3 in the morning. out of the corner of my eye a few minutes later i saw a little black dot, or a black orb streak across the room, and my ex saw the same thing. a little while after we turned the tv off, and as we were laying in bed just doing nothing; but then i saw that little black streak again, a few seconds later the tv kind of flashed a really weird, but very dim green glow. i know ghosts can screw around with electronics, so this is probably what happened, and we both saw this happen too. at this point the room was getting cold breezes in it, and it was very warm down there.after this he went upstairs and got his mother and told her what was going on; and she did a sort of ritual or whatever youd like to call it to cast whatever was there out. this was really creepy because after she did this, i could hear moaning, or wailing..but it didnt sound normal...like it was in the same room as us, but also sounded very far off at the same time. after this was all over we all went back to bed but i didnt sleep at all that night. in the morning, a few hours later we got up and i went out into the main room of the basement where the recording studio is; and on the window to the sound room was something really strange, there was a print of some sort of face on the window that wasnt there before, and to the sides of the face it looked like what could be hand marks, as if someone had slid down the glass. my ex and his mom both saw this thing too, and they know it wasnt there last night either. it wasnt there till after she tried getting rid of the spirits that night, and what im thinking is that as they were cast out, they got smacked against this window down in that room...yeah weird but thats what it seemed like. and i know no one else came downstairs that night, the door going upstairs is really loud and squeaky..lol..and that windows too high up to stick your face on anyway...besides no one in the house wouldve been dumb enough to do that :P

luckily i took some pictures of this thing....and you can clearly make out a face and hands, one of my ex's friends who saw it later said the hands streaking kinda looked like wings..but i dunno. do you guys think its common for ghosts to be able to leave marks on things like this? its just really crazy and would like to know what you think about this, so heres the pics.

theres two, and one of them is a closeup DSCN0312_zps1f5d4581.jpg

DSCN03131_zps36de07e7.jpg

im sorry about the pics sizes...i had enough trouble getting them on stupid photobucket lol....i actually didnt even notice before, but it kinda looks like claw marks streaking from the fingers...these pics are the wierdest things ive ever took

Edited by Nevan
  • Like 1

I don't see anything really.

It all looks like distorted reflections to me.

There is an anomaly,but I don't see hands or wings

actually the glass was just cleaned a few days before this happened..i know the hands are hard to see, but the face is clear, its right in the center of the pics; looks like a sideways face with the mouth opened. and i know they werent reflections, since its not one of those pics where the image shows up only on the camera, it was really easy to see this thing with the naked eye

Edited by Nevan

actually the glass was just cleaned a few days before this happened..i know the hands are hard to see, but the face is clear, its right in the center of the pics; looks like a sideways face with the mouth opened. and i know they werent reflections, since its not one of those pics where the image shows up only on the camera, it was really easy to see this thing with the naked eye

Just "a few days"? Sounds like plenty of time for new handprints and fingermarks to get onto the glass in the meantime.

Also, saying something isn't a reflection because you could see it with your naked eye makes no sense. Reflections seen in photos are equally visible to the naked eye. How does something being visible to the naked eye mean that it wasn't a reflection? Do you have special eyes that can't see reflections that are seen in photos?

The usual story we here around these parts is that the photo taker only saw the ghost or apparition or anomaly after the film was developed or photo was uploaded to their computer and this is strange because the camera recorded something invisible to the human eye. You're saying that because the human eye could see it, as well as the camera, therefore it was strange?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

OK what im trying to say is that the night before all these events happened, no there were no markings on the glass at all. we had just cleaned the entire basement two days before including that window, and no one really goes near that sound room, no one used it that much. so theres no way someone couldve smudged the glass. besides i remember being out in that room the night before to put our noisy crickets(lizard food) away in the room because its sound proof, and didnt see anything on the window then. when we went into the main room the next morning, the marks were there; you could literally see them all the way across the room so it wasnt invisible no. i was just lucky enough that what everyone saw on the glass came out clear in the pics; and yes everyone could see the exact same thing when they looked at it, so we werent just imagining it, whatever it was.

When I see a photo that looks exactly like fingerprints and smudges on glass, I find it hard to give credence to the idea that I'm actually looking at a ghost (or evidence a ghost left behind).

Your story isn't very consistent. You cleaned the entire room 2 days previously. Yet no-one goes near the room. You were in the room the night before (the room that no-one goes near). So at least you were in the room twice in the previous couple of days.

Unless that room is locked or otherwise inaccessible, how is there "no way someone could've smudged the glass"?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

Seriously? The glass is filthy with finger prints and streakmarks. Its pretty easy to see that. The great thing about cameras is that they don't lie. They are objective recording devices. They record exactly what comes into their shutter. Cameras don't misinterpret what they see - thats what humans do, with their fears, beliefs, hopes and dreams. You are seeing smudgy glass and applying your beliefs in the paranormal and deciding it must be a picture of a ghost or demon. Thats all happening in your head, because it certainly isn't in the picture.

im done with this place, people like you are the main reason i wasnt even certain i wanted to put this post up. everyone here is too closeminded, so screw you all

Ooooh, Something we said? s8197.gif

• Like 1

im done with this place, people like you are the main reason i wasnt even certain i wanted to put this post up. everyone here is too closeminded, so screw you all

Its too bad that you feel that way. Although one could argue that you are actually the closed-minded party in this exchange. You came to this board with a coneception already in place of what you were just "sure" your photo depicted. When I see photos here or anywhere my first thought is to always rule out the mundane, as 99% of everything that is posted here can almost always be explained by something mundane.

If I see a photo that looks like dirty glass, with 1,2,3, 4, 5 streaky fingerprints and assorted smudges then that is what I'm going to say it looks like. Sites like this don't exist to make you feel warm and fuzzy about your paranormal convictions. In case you missed it somewhere, this is a DISCUSSION board. Which means you post a thing and we discuss it. If you can't handle the fact that other people might come to different conclusions than you already have then don't come up here and rail on us for being closed-minded. Have some maturity.

Sorry that you don't seem to be happy with the opinions you have gotten so far. You did ask what we thought about it. And really, if we are being closed-minded with our suggestions of a mundane cause, aren't you being closed-minded to only have the notion that it's a paranormal cause?

• Like 1