Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yahweh / El - God of The Bible is Satan

Arpee

In the ancient language, the generic word for god was AL (could also be pronounced as "EL"). The A represents "Aleph" which is a symbol of a Ox's Head. This is the symbol of power, and it is also the number ONE (1). Ba'el means (Father of God) and was a Bull God who had a son Yahweh (The Canaanite Bull God of War).Many people believe that ONE is the number of God, but it is rooted from the symbol of Aleph - The Ox Head of Power.

Yahweh hated his father Ba'el and this is why he did not want people to worship The Golden Bull which was a symbol of him. Yahweh also told people to see SATURNsday as The Holy Day. On the planet Saturn there seems to be a vortex of The Hexagram [1] and of The Eye [2]. Another symbol of Saturn is a cross-like symbol [3]. Saturn ate his own children and was called the god of the harvest. The bible talks about Yahweh/El (God of The Bible) and "The Harvest"! It also says that Jesus is a "Shepard" for the sheep, and you know what the shepard does, raise the sheep until they are big enough to be EATEN. Bethleham is of important and that means the house of bread. Another symbolism of harvesting crops/food. Saturn allows his children to be destroyed and look at this sacrifice of Jesus how it pleases Yahweh and is even used as a plea for people to be "forgiven" by him.

The so-called devil sign with the horns [4] is actually the symbol of the BULL'S horns.

The Egyptian God "Seth", was the god of darkness associated with the planet Saturn. Later called "Satan" by The Ancient Persians. The number 7 is The Number of Saturn. There are the 7 rings of Saturn. Saturn's Day is the 7th day of the week. 7 was considered the number of God / The Divine in many places for a long time. Knowing that Saturn / Kronos. Two animals that have been associated with Saturn is also The Owl and The Peacock (which makes even more of a connection with secret societies).

All of this Paganism is connected with the god of The Bible alone, now some of the stories have even more influences but I won't get into that as this is about the god Yahweh.

The "[1],[2],[3],[4]" examples as well as the Jesus and shepherd explainations are a little too based on pure speculation if ya ask me, but as for the rest of it I think you might be on to something there...

Interesting material, and who knows maybe that is the history. I wouldn't say, however, that Yahweh (Jehovah) is a god of evil as portrayed in the Bible.

In some places He is certainly problematic -- demanding genocides, for example, and taking some pretty horrible revenges. He also sometimes comes across as petty in places (He is a "jealous" god) and kills people who without authorization touch His ark.

The scene where the prophet (I think Elisha -- someone tell me if my memory is not accurate -- I got all this from Christian missionaries when I was a child) orders some she-bears to come and slaughter a group of children because they taunted the prophet. A bit much.

Job is a good illustration of the difficulties. He comes across very badly -- allowing Shatan (later identified as Satan the Devil but in this story just a special angel) to visit all sorts of troubles on this good and innocent man, it seems just to prove a minor point of pride. Of course we are told all is made well in the end, except for the unnoticed fact that Job's original family are all dead.

On the other hand, He is a forgiving, merciful deity and a source of great pride and comfort to those who follow him. He is touchy and easy to anger but also forgiving and merciful (at least we are told he is, the stories don't always show this very well, except perhaps the story of Nineveh being spared in Job).

Well, I don't know much about Cananite mythology, but I know that the Jews and them were definate rivals, and it's possible that the Jewish "Yahweh" derived from Cananite mythology, and then the Jews simply adopted him as their God and then proceeded to write their own rendition of him. I don't know. Like I said, it's certainly interesting and I will look into it. Nice detective work. :tu:

In my humble opinion, this is a convoluted diatribe.

Your premise: The God of the Bible is Satan?

My premise: Arpee, the OP, is a deceiver as well.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

I enjoyed that piece of fiction, but I prefer proper historical understanding. The name "El"in Hebrew was a generic name for god/s. Unfortunately for your theory (and fortunate to everyone else) that really is as deep as it gets.

Also, your speculation on Jesus as a shepherd being analogous to breeding sheep for slaughter is not consistent with the imagery of the New Testament. Your extension of the shepherd image is unwarranted and on highly shaky ground.

Just my thoughts on the matter,

~ Regards,

• Like 4

In the ancient language, the generic word for god was AL (could also be pronounced as "EL"). The A represents "Aleph" which is a symbol of a Ox's Head. This is the symbol of power, and it is also the number ONE (1). Ba'el means (Father of God) and was a Bull God who had a son Yahweh (The Canaanite Bull God of War).Many people believe that ONE is the number of God, but it is rooted from the symbol of Aleph - The Ox Head of Power.

Yahweh hated his father Ba'el and this is why he did not want people to worship The Golden Bull which was a symbol of him. Yahweh also told people to see SATURNsday as The Holy Day. On the planet Saturn there seems to be a vortex of The Hexagram [1] and of The Eye [2]. Another symbol of Saturn is a cross-like symbol [3]. Saturn ate his own children and was called the god of the harvest. The bible talks about Yahweh/El (God of The Bible) and "The Harvest"! It also says that Jesus is a "Shepard" for the sheep, and you know what the shepard does, raise the sheep until they are big enough to be EATEN. Bethleham is of important and that means the house of bread. Another symbolism of harvesting crops/food. Saturn allows his children to be destroyed and look at this sacrifice of Jesus how it pleases Yahweh and is even used as a plea for people to be "forgiven" by him.

The so-called devil sign with the horns [4] is actually the symbol of the BULL'S horns.

The Egyptian God "Seth", was the god of darkness associated with the planet Saturn. Later called "Satan" by The Ancient Persians. The number 7 is The Number of Saturn. There are the 7 rings of Saturn. Saturn's Day is the 7th day of the week. 7 was considered the number of God / The Divine in many places for a long time. Knowing that Saturn / Kronos. Two animals that have been associated with Saturn is also The Owl and The Peacock (which makes even more of a connection with secret societies).

All of this Paganism is connected with the god of The Bible alone, now some of the stories have even more influences but I won't get into that as this is about the god Yahweh.

Arpee can you understand how this post could be highly offensive, even hurtful to a Christian or a Jew? It bothered me to read it, not because I believe your conjecture but because you felt the need to post it at all. What, exactly was your intent with such a post?
  • Like 1

Arpee can you understand how this post could be highly offensive, even hurtful to a Christian or a Jew? It bothered me to read it, not because I believe your conjecture but because you felt the need to post it at all. What, exactly was your intent with such a post?

My intentions was to deliver information that some may not know. Information that is not really talked about.

For those who think I'm making stuff up trying to connect the letter "A" to the bull/ox and God (AL/EL). Check this out:

aleph.gif

Hi Arpee

Very interesting post indeed and yes, the pictograph for 'Aleph is the ox head, the pictographs were the first form of writing the letters, we also find pictos' of tent, water, peg or nail, stick figure with up raised arms and a hooked shaped staff like a shepherd's rod. Each pictograph letter holds meaning, the ox head combined with the tent is AB which is strength of the house or "father", the ox head combined with the water is AM which means strong water or "mother"..very neat system of writing, it gives you the concrete idea behind each letter and word being communicated.

Jesus and slaughter, well we are told to take up our cross and follow him and we all know where that leads to...what else did it say? "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." So yes it could be seen as a slaughter line to a certain type of death...

Are we a food harvest for God? In Rev. it says he will spit you out of his mouth if you're not the right temperature! Sooooo, I will be doing prays of "O SHIZZ! spit me out PLEASE! :w00t:

The Gnostics believed that the god of this universe was an evil god, the Demiurge and that there existed a 'good' god.

The concept of the Devil was a fairly late development in the monothiestic legacy. The early Hebrews attributed all events, whether good or bad, to the One God. He encapsulated both Darkness and Light, destruction and creation, corruption and purity.

Such is clearly stated in Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

In the Old Testament it is God Himself who slays the first born of Egypt, sends plagues and famine, strikes down with lightning, and demands of Abraham that he sacrifice his first born son. The idea of a separate evil only gradually arrives from the 2nd century B.C.

The myth of the Fall originates in The Book of Enoch, and is outside of the Canon. Yet by the time the New Testament was compiled the influence of Enoch had been absorbed, along with elements of the Persian Zoroastrian religion, Judea being under Persian rule from the 6th to 4th centuries B.C.

In their cosmology there are two principles of Ahura Mazda, being creative, and Ahriman, being destructive. So evenly matched are they that the slightest flux can topple the balance, and mortal-kind are constantly being drawn to one side or the other. Originally the Devil was the shadow side of God, His dark aspect.

Mal’ak was the term employed for that aspect of God that was able to communicate with mortal kind. It was this concept that was translated into the concept of the angel. Only the shadow was able to communicate because the Light is too great for a human to bear, as with Zeus. As the Hebrew religion evolved, so did this "shadow", until it broke away from God and became a separate power having its own free Will.

However, with this separation came the natural dualistic attribution of God‟s other characteristics, so that the Shadow also becomes His destructive and malign aspect, whilst the Light becomes everything good. In the Book of Jubilee, compiled approximately a hundred years after the Old Testament, this shadow has acquired the title of Mastema, a Hebrew word meaning 'adversity". From this moment it is this Accusing Angel that becomes responsible for all the darker things previously imputed to God. It was the Mastema who hardened the Pharoah‟s heart and assisted the Egyptian sorcerers against Israel.

The concept of the Evil One is essential in any religion that preaches redemption, for there must be something to be overcome. Later Christianity adopted the legend of the Fall, a theme most popular throughout the Middle East. The following Canaanite scripture was recorded five centuries before the Hebrew scribes produced the Old Testament, and concerns the legend of Shaher, who was born of "the Pit", Helel, which is the womb of the Mother Goddess.

“How hast thou fallen from heaven, Helel‟s son Shaher! Thou didst say in thy heart, I will ascend to Heaven. Above the circumpolar stars I will raise my throne and I will dwell on the Mount of Council in the back of the north. I will mount the back of a cloud. I will be like unto Elyon.”

Compare with Isaiah 14:12-14 as we know it now;

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!

How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

For you have said in your heart: „I will ascend into heaven,

I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;

I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.”

Edited by Etu Malku
  • Like 3

Yea -- when I first read the OP I thought that this sounded awful Gnostic to me, not that attaching a label makes it either right or wrong.

Hi Arpee

Very interesting post indeed and yes, the pictograph for 'Aleph is the ox head, the pictographs were the first form of writing the letters, we also find pictos' of tent, water, peg or nail, stick figure with up raised arms and a hooked shaped staff like a shepherd's rod. Each pictograph letter holds meaning, the ox head combined with the tent is AB which is strength of the house or "father", the ox head combined with the water is AM which means strong water or "mother"..very neat system of writing, it gives you the concrete idea behind each letter and word being communicated.

Jesus and slaughter, well we are told to take up our cross and follow him and we all know where that leads to...what else did it say? "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." So yes it could be seen as a slaughter line to a certain type of death...

Are we a food harvest for God? In Rev. it says he will spit you out of his mouth if you're not the right temperature! Sooooo, I will be doing prays of "O SHIZZ! spit me out PLEASE! :w00t:

Job was the first book written in the Bible, and it mentions the Devil.

By an accident of history, the tribal god of a minor people has come to be seen by billions as God. This is an error that, though it has had some effect on where we are today, is still an error. Another billion or so people believe in another error, the error from Arabia. Both religions, spread by lies and the sword, have had the most terrible consequences for us all. the OP is that the god of the bible is Satan. Looking at this world it is difficult not to agree. Remove all the pagan elements from the "book" religions and there is not much left. I rather imagine what is left to be like the creature expurged from Harry Potter when he "dies". It is my contention that everything in these religions that can be seen as good, is actually nothing to do with any god, but is what is inate in all of us. And what is seen in the religions as bad, is our own superstious fears. People of the "book" do not worship any god or devil, they worship themselves and, by the logic of emperor Justinian, are aetheists.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

In my humble opinion, this is a convoluted diatribe.

Your premise: The God of the Bible is Satan?

My premise: Arpee, the OP, is a deceiver as well.

I doubt his intentions are to deceive anyone, He just works on something, reads up on certain things and thinks he has real answers and ideas that are logical to him...I know how he posts, he doesn't normally set out to annoy or even decieve. I have not seen anything like what he has posted before.. So lets see if he can add anything more.. It is only fair.. I like to see something new on here ( well it's new to me ) makes a change to the usual stuff

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Job was the first book written in the Bible, and it mentions the Devil.

Hi 'sussexontheriver'

Are you sure the ancient writings in Job used the word "Devil" ?

I could have sworn that it use the noun form of the verb 'satan'....

I do like the book of Job, evidently this verb hiding in the noun "Satan" (or devil if you would like to call it that) was running to and fro in the earth trying to find someone like him/her self and wasn't having much luck so Jehovah says have you considered my servant Job? LOL! Jehovah is very helpful with these kinds of things, is not good to be alone. accuser vs. accuser, debates never end because that is doing to others what one wants done unto them, can only end when one of them 'sees' Job ended by saying "I see you now" like looking in the mirror...

And it was so, when the days of [their] feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings [according] to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

It must have been very worrisome on Job to always be making amends for "it may be that my sons have sinned" an accuser for an accuser...

You're stringing a lot of things together that aren't necessarily connected. Correlation does not indicate cause-and-effect.

There is reason to believe that the worship of Yahweh, was influenced by Egyptian worship of bovines (e.g.: The "golden calf" of the Exodus probably happened about the time the Apis cult became established in Egypt, give or take a few decades, and Hathor, whose temple graces the northeast slope of Mount Horeb (Gebel Ghorabi - the "Mountain of God"), was often represented with a cow's ears, a tribute to the cow's mothering of her calf.), but that is about as far as it goes.

If there is a connection between storms on Saturn and developments on earth, it is not a physical one, and hence, purely speculative.

It will take a lot of work to unravel the belief system you're speculating about and I'm not sure the archeological finds needed to support a conclusion have been made. At any rate, it will be a big job - have fun with that.

Doug

By an accident of history, the tribal god of a minor people has come to be seen by billions as God.

Believe me when I tell you that it was by no 'accident' this happened. It was and still is religious genocide against the pagan beliefs which were the True beliefs of spirituality in Mankind.
  • Like 2

I have often wondered why middle eastern mythology is so much more important than say Hopie or Charokee.... Or Mabey Nordic.

This is a pretty timely post. I just posted about Yahweh and El over at my website, with the lead in question: Is Yahweh and El the same god or different gods? (contradictions #27). The various textual traditions that now make up what later generation of readers labeled "the Bible" answers affirmative to BOTH. I would love to get some discussion about this over here contradictionsinthebible.com

El was the Canaaite highgod of the pantheon. Deut 32:8-9 presents Yahweh as under El ! I discuss this in my post. Yes, the Bull was an El symbol that Yahweh incorporated, as where many other El epithets absorbed by Yahweh. The Priestly writer comes out and declares in Ex 6:2-3 (you need a trans that is faithful to the Hebrew) that Yahweh appeared to the patriarchs as El !!

The ideas that the Bull is Satan, like the serpent as Satan, are later ides. You can't retroject meanings of later timeperiods to earlier time periods, although this is exactly what happens in the public's reading of the texts that came to be labeled as the Bible.

Interesting post, thank you.

Nada in Sanskrit means "a roaring sound", it also means "a roaring bull". Nada is used to denote the "stream of consciousness", the relationship between sound and consciousness.

Bulls are found in Paleolithic cave paintings (the stone age 750,000 years ago), their life force to be considered magickal. There existed a Bull Cult as early as the Neolithic age (10,000 BC). The bull was seen in the constellation Taurus by the Chalcolithic and had marked the new year at springtide by the Bronze Age, for 4000–1700 BCE. In Mesopotamian texts the Bull of Heaven is ceremonially killed by Gilgamesh as an act of defience of the gods! In Egypt the Apis bull was the Ka (Egyptian concept of life-force/power and the word for bull) of gods Ptah and Osiris.

The list of the Divine Bull (who's horns form the goddess' crescent moon) goes on and on throughout religious/spiritual history and comes to a screeching halt with Judeo-Christianity and its demonizing of the Sacred Bull as horned devil and the Golden Calf Idol.

The list of the Divine Bull (who's horns form the goddess' crescent moon) goes on and on throughout religious/spiritual history and comes to a screeching halt with Judeo-Christianity and its demonizing of the Sacred Bull as horned devil and the Golden Calf Idol.

Yep. Of the the tactics used, sucessfully, by the Israelites in carving their identity, was to create laws that prohibited what their enthic neighbros were doing of that singled them ot as unique, and conversely denegrating their neighbors deities to inferior status, and later to demons and devils, which was heavily adopted by the Christian movement.

Hi 'sussexontheriver'

I do like the book of Job, evidently this verb hiding in the noun "Satan" (or devil if you would like to call it that) was running to and fro in the earth trying to find someone like him/her self and wasn't having much luck so Jehovah says have you considered my servant Job? LOL! Jehovah is very helpful with these kinds of things, is not good to be alone. accuser vs. accuser, debates never end because that is doing to others what one wants done unto them, can only end when one of them 'sees' Job ended by saying "I see you now" like looking in the mirror...

And it was so, when the days of [their] feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings [according] to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

It must have been very worrisome on Job to always be making amends for "it may be that my sons have sinned" an accuser for an accuser...

I recant my statement after further research, and found that Satan could have very well be an angel at the time who stood before God as to help God judge the righteous. As you said, an accuser for an accuser.

• Like 1

Yep. Of the the tactics used, sucessfully, by the Israelites in carving their identity, was to create laws that prohibited what their enthic neighbros were doing of that singled them ot as unique, and conversely denegrating their neighbors deities to inferior status, and later to demons and devils, which was heavily adopted by the Christian movement.

Their still Doing it actually .

Nada in Sanskrit means "a roaring sound", it also means "a roaring bull". Nada is used to denote the "stream of consciousness", the relationship between sound and consciousness.

Bulls are found in Paleolithic cave paintings (the stone age 750,000 years ago), their life force to be considered magickal. There existed a Bull Cult as early as the Neolithic age (10,000 BC). The bull was seen in the constellation Taurus by the Chalcolithic and had marked the new year at springtide by the Bronze Age, for 4000–1700 BCE. In Mesopotamian texts the Bull of Heaven is ceremonially killed by Gilgamesh as an act of defience of the gods! In Egypt the Apis bull was the Ka (Egyptian concept of life-force/power and the word for bull) of gods Ptah and Osiris.

I wonder what the results would be if we compared the "sacrificial animals" that the peeps in the bible offered for their own sin offerings with that of the ancient pagan idols, would they match symbolically as to what the biblical peeps were doing in making all these pagan religions wrong and sinful? Like the bull, it was a sin offering for the people, it took on their sin so they could be "righteous" (sin free) rather the bull was sinful or not it was made to be...the altar did have four horns located on each corner and they could be used for "salvation or protection" when needed, all you had to do was run into the temple and grab the horns...

You know God did stop Abraham short of actually mimicking one pagan religion of sacrificing one's own children...

The bible is designed to reveal our hearts and show just how much we pay attention to the things we do and are willing to do blindly...I hope there will always be someone there for me in those moments that will smack me up side my head and say "DUMBAZZ!" you need to pay yourself better attention! :P

Many Jews and Christians believe that Satan ("Adversary") in Job is the bad old devil himself. Strange that he and God sound like friends making a bar bet in the story.

Many Jews and Christians believe that Satan ("Adversary") in Job is the bad old devil himself. Strange that he and God sound like friends making a bar bet in the story.

It's Darth Sidious and Darth Vader :lol:

• The topic was locked