Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yahweh / El - God of The Bible is Satan

Arpee

By an accident of history, the tribal god of a minor people has come to be seen by billions as God. This is an error that, though it has had some effect on where we are today, is still an error. Another billion or so people believe in another error, the error from Arabia. Both religions, spread by lies and the sword, have had the most terrible consequences for us all.

False equivalency. I understand your desire to be "fair", but you can simply not compare the two. One has gone through a period of enlightenment, embraced rationality, and moved away from taking the old stories literally. The other one remains firmly stuck in the 7th century.

This is simply NOT the same.

Edited by Zaphod222

False equivalency. I understand your desire to be "fair", but you can simply not compare the two. One has gone through a period of enlightenment, embraced rationality, and moved away from taking the old stories literally. The other one remains firmly stuck in the 7th century.

This is simply NOT the same.

I understand what you say, and I completely agree that the difference between Christianity and Islam is that Islam has not had a reformation. But, that was not the point of my post, which was to re-state the conclusion reached by Emperor Justinian that Christians were atheists. I mentioned, in a roundabout way, Islam, because it is a related religion that also worships a man, not any god. As for me writing about "errors". This is that Christianity and Islam are closely related to Judaism, but they only pay lip service to the old composite tribal god, (And therefore not even a real god) and worship the men who were so called prophets of this tribal god. Their error is in abandoning their god to worship men, essentialy themselves. And my conclusion is that people of "The Book" are atheists, and so called pagans are the true believers in the supernatural forces that are gods. IMO

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

There is talk about in Mic-Mac legand of what went on in the EL time and it speakes of where they came from where the Great Spirit told a man to built a boat an ice boat as it goes because of a great flood has come to wash away man's sins from the world but back to my point you talk about a bull with his horns and all , the eastern gate of the new temple it is the only one that is shown face on not to the left or right like the other three, man,s face,lion and even the eagle that has his back,and it is the highest in elevation as well. I tell you this because I know of what lies in the middel, centre and why they are in a circle around.

According to the hebrew lexicon in strongs concordance and the jewish encyclopedia, the deity yhwy is satan. Reference#'s 452,136,137,138,1167,1168,1942,1943,3050,3068 will show this. Publishing of 1904 jewish encyclopedia volume 8, page 653 will confirm as well. This is what it states :The fact, therefore, now generally accepted by critical scholars, is that in the last days of the kingdom, human sacrifices were offered to Yhwh (Yahu, or Jehovah), as King of Counsellor of the Nation, and that the Prophets disapproved of it." Yahu also is interchangeable with Satan, who is thought to have been a minor god of the Jews, and an instrument of Baal." His ultimate development is as the arch-enemy of the Messiah: the Anti-Christ.

I can think of at least two of the Commandments that have had evil consequences.

One is the statement that God is jealous, which has led to sectarianism and religious wars. The other is the command against images, which has lead to iconoclasm and the destruction of great art.

The Commandment about the Sabbath is not evil, but it has made calenrical reform along metric lines, which would make for a more efficient world, almost impossible.

• 8 years later...
On 2/11/2013 at 6:36 AM, Frank Merton said:

I can think of at least two of the Commandments that have had evil consequences.

One is the statement that God is jealous, which has led to sectarianism and religious wars. The other is the command against images, which has lead to iconoclasm and the destruction of great art.

The Commandment about the Sabbath is not evil, but it has made calenrical reform along metric lines, which would make for a more efficient world, almost impossible.

Not a fan of the Bible myself.  I burn them on a regular basis, take no offense.  

I tend to agree with the original post and many others as well.  

Those who are unsure and afraid will take offense.  That’s their problem and they need to get over it.    WEAK and FRIGHTENED  people who take offense regarding religious matters and those who have something to hide and use the “offense “ so called to silence the “offender” are to blame for much of the unnecessary suffering foisted upon human race — Secrets, lies, avariciousness, and thieveries  rule the world. 

I was doing a search on “Yahweh is the alien” of alien disclosure when I was led to this thread.  :D

I wonder why the original post is striken out.

Anyway, thanks Original Poster.  The info was useful, or rather —  it’s comforting to know there are some who still question the beliefs of the multitude. 

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Festina said:

Not a fan of the Bible myself.  

Me neither, but the written spoken word makes it a lot easier learning how to read.

6 hours ago, Festina said:

I burn them on a regular basis, take no offense.  

Do you burn just Bibles or just books in general? 

• 2 weeks later...

technically burning is the correct and approved way to dispose of a Bible. 

• Like 1

This is a good thread to keep alive.  Did you know that there are 66 books in the Protestant Bible, and that number less than the Catholic Bible, which came before them, which had like 79 books, i think it was.  So, 66 books.  Why not 67? I mean, 66 is almost identical to 666 which is supposed to be the mark of the devil.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

This is a good thread to keep alive.  Did you know that there are 66 books in the Protestant Bible, and that number less than the Catholic Bible, which came before them, which had like 79 books, i think it was.  So, 66 books.  Why not 67? I mean, 66 is almost identical to 666 which is supposed to be the mark of the devil.

I think 66 is because the Latin name of Jesus is two six letter words, but I’m not sure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2013 at 10:47 PM, Frank Merton said:

I wouldn't say, however, that Yahweh (Jehovah) is a god of evil as portrayed in the Bible.

". . . demanding genocides, for example, . . ."

Job is a good illustration of the difficulties. He comes across very badly -- allowing Shatan (later identified as Satan the Devil but in this story just a special angel) to visit all sorts of troubles on this good and innocent man, it seems just to prove a minor point of pride. Of course we are told all is made well in the end, except for the unnoticed fact that Job's original family are all dead.

The context that leads up to those events is much bigger than you or I and Jobs deceased family. So it would be best if you read the context, then maybe you'll understand the story of Job. And always remember, YHWH is loving, kind, and just.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, larryp said:

The context that leads up to those events is much bigger than you or I and Jobs deceased family. So it would be best if you read the context, then maybe you'll understand the story of Job. And always remember, YHWH is loving, kind, and just.

The context is only bigger than you or me because of its high level of fail.  Personally, I find any defense of this terrible book by anyone disgraceful.  Satan is supposed to be Gods enemy (according to the New Testament of the Bible) and Christians consider the entire Bible a seamless integration of truth over time.  In the New Testament, light and darkness cannot have any fellowship, nor can righteousness have fellowship with unrighteousness, neither can Christ have association with Belial.  Yet, in the book of Job you have God not only fellowshipping with Satan, but boasting and making wagers with him, just before torturing and killing followers of God.  I find this book, and the Revelation to be so completely disgusting it makes me think the rest of the Bible is complete garbage just because these two works have been included as on par.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, larryp said:

And always remember, YHWH is loving, kind, and just.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, Guyver said:

The context is only bigger than you or me because of its high level of fail.  Personally, I find any defense of this terrible book by anyone disgraceful. God not only fellowshipping with Satan, but boasting and making wagers with him, just before torturing and killing followers of God. I find this book, and the Revelation to be so completely disgusting it makes me think the rest of the Bible is complete garbage just because these two works have been included as on par.

Again, the book of Job is much bigger than you, Guyver. For example, Satan called out YHWH in front of trillions of angels. He challenged YHWH to his face by saying, "The only reason Job recognizes your Sovereignty, is because of the protection and the many treasures you allowed him." Of course, YHWH had to respond to the accusation. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, larryp said:

He challenged YHWH to his face by saying, "The only reason Job recognizes your Sovereignty, is because of the protection and the many treasures you allowed him." Of course, YHWH had to respond to the accusation. 

What do you mean 'of course', why did God have to respond, did Satan make the Almighty feel insecure?  There's nothing 'loving, kind, and just' about making a person suffer as part of some silly wager, even if he restores everything taken away from Job in the end.  It's actually the opposite.

• Like 7

Frank's last post on UM was in May of 2017. As of 2021 he would/should be 78. He may or may not be among the living, I don't know. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:28 AM, Liquid Gardens said:

What do you mean 'of course', why did God have to respond, did Satan make the Almighty feel insecure?  

That's a good question, Liquid Gardens. I'll give you a concise answer. The issue started in the Garden of Eden. Remember when YHWH told the couple, ". . . you might eat from every tree of the garden, except for one, and on the day you eat from it, you will die." Then, Satan came along and called YHWH a lair; he said, "You will not die." So, you see, in this instance, Satan challenged YHWH, as he did with Job. Thus, the challenges have to do with YHWH's right to make decisions in mankind's affairs and rule. 

Edited by larryp
the details
  • Haha 2

The "devil" works for god. The name is Samael an angel. Since nothing is supposedly greater than god (except whatever created god), sammy ain't a big bad monster.

• Like 1

I'll make it REALLY simple.This contention is actually a Muslim/Christian clash.

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, larryp said:

Thus, the challenges have to do with YHWH's right to make decisions in mankind's affairs and rule. 

Hi Larry

He must be having a bad run on making rules, last week when we went for supper he wanted me to order the hamburger steak and I went for the toasted denver with fries and gravy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/26/2013 at 7:18 AM, Arpee said:

In the ancient language, the generic word for god was AL (could also be pronounced as "EL").

What do you mean with ancient language? Proto-Cananitic? Proto-Semitic? Proto-Afro-Asiatic?

Here are the phases of the growth of the God idea up to the times of Jesus:

142:3.3

1. Yahweh—the god of the Sinai clans. This was the primitive concept of Deity which Moses exalted to the higher level of the Lord God of Israel. 

142:3.4

2. The Most High. This concept was proclaimed by Melchizedek to Abraham and was carried far from Salem by those who subsequently believed in this enlarged and expanded idea of Deity. 

142:3.5

3. El Shaddai. During these early days many of the Hebrews worshiped El Shaddai, the Egyptian concept of the God of heaven, which they learned about during their captivity in the land of the Nile. Long after the times of Melchizedek all three of these concepts of God became joined together to form the doctrine of the creator Deity, the Lord God of Israel.

142:3.6

4. Elohim. From early times the teaching of the Paradise Trinity has persisted. Do you not recall how the Scriptures begin by asserting that “In the beginning the Gods created the heavens and the earth”? This indicates that when that record was made the Trinity concept of three Gods in one had found lodgment in the religion of our forebears.

142:3.7

5. The Supreme Yahweh. By the times of Isaiah these beliefs about God had expanded into the concept of a Universal Creator who was simultaneously all-powerful and all-merciful. And this evolving and enlarging concept of God virtually supplanted all previous ideas of Deity.

142:3.8

6. The Father in heaven. And now do we know God as our Father in heaven. This teaching provides a religion wherein the believer is a son of God. That is the good news that Jesus taught.

142:3.9

“And you would have known these truths had you read the Scriptures. Have you not read in Samuel where it says: ‘And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, so much so that he moved David against them, saying, go number Israel and Judah’? And this was not strange because in the days of Samuel the children of Abraham really believed that Yahweh created both good and evil. But when a later writer narrated these events, subsequent to the enlargement of the Jewish concept of the nature of God, he did not dare attribute evil to Yahweh; therefore he said: ‘And Satan stood up against Israel and provoked David to number Israel.’ 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:30 AM, XenoFish said:

The "devil" works for god. The name is Samael an angel. Since nothing is supposedly greater than god (except whatever created god), sammy ain't a big bad monster.

Hey pal, have you ever heard of "free will," or are you just a marionette? It looks like someone needs to Free Willy.  :huh:

On 8/14/2021 at 4:26 AM, Will Due said:

1. Yahweh—the god of the Sinai clans. This was the primitive concept of Deity which Moses exalted to the higher level of the Lord God of Israel. 

Smoke and mirrors !!

• The topic was locked