Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Song thats stuck to your head (Part II)

Roddy

When I had heard that fellow Okie JJ Cale had passed away on Friday, I've been listening to some of his songs and this one has stuck with me...

RIP JJ...

• Like 2

Even lowly barbers will have their 15 minutes of fame. It's a catchy, happy song, for me anyway.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by StarMountainKid

Eddie Cantor - Makin' Woopee

I've known this song since I was a little kid. It's a pretty melody with clever lyrics. "A quiet thing becomes a bride, another victim is by her side", for instance. lol

1930 2-color Technicolor film...a little faded. Edit: these old songs had a vocal intro before the real song begins.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by StarMountainKid

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this song today and I recall when DIO was playing in my town at a somewhat small venue, I think it took just about 1000-1500 people. It was an old dancing hall with a sturdy wooden floor. Anyway, we were a bit late and we walked up to these big wooden swing-doors leading in to the hall when we heard the keyboard intro to Mob Rules. Just as we opened the door they started playing the guitar-riff to it and there were around 1500 people standing completely still on this floor, but as the drums and the bass kicks in the sound was like a steamroller from hell thrashing over me. The bass and the drums made my eyeballs feeling the pounding like someone was poking me in the eye, so much that tears were coming out. The power was so immense it almost sucked the air out of my lounges.

At the same moment - as the bass and drums kicked in - it was like 1500 people got an electric surge through their bodies in there and went totally crazy, jumping up and down. The whole wooden floor felt like it was a rolling wave under my feet, when it bent up and down, from all those people thrashing around. Like walking on a waterbed. I have been to quite a lot of hardrock concerts over the years but the powerful feeling I've got from this opening song floored me. The sheer power was nuclear.

So crank it up - bass and volume - and get floored. :)

http://youtu.be/ZYl5LvX5pOY

PS: It was at a place at this size, but an open floor instead of a theatre-style. The sound in this clip sucked though.>>

http://youtu.be/Gxhd9yc3_e8

• Like 1