Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Binaural Beats?

Alij

Has any one used binaural beats for AP or lucid dreaming? Does it work? What's the best one to use either has an adroid free app or from YouTube?

I have used them and got some extremely interesting results.

I had a few instances of, um, I guess separating from my body is the best description, while listening to binaural tones. One time I looked to the right and saw a white-blueish forearm and hand hand sticking out and up from my normal arm, in a very awkward position.

Another time I got an odd sensation in my head. I realized it was because my head had tilted up and forward as if I was moving it to get up. Well, as soon as I realized this, it dipped back down and back 'into' my actual head very quickly. A very weird feeling that is hard to describe any better than that.

These were both experiences had while listening to binaural beats, without any real expectations of that happening (I was just meditating with them). Who knows what you may get out of them AP/lucid dreaming-wise. But besides YouTube, there is this site which has all free onsite and/or downloadable tones.

http://iso-tones.com/

I briefly experimented with them a few months ago..

There's definately something to it, but I stopped doing it because the results felt pressured & uncontrolled instead of natural.. err, hard to explain, but I guess I prefer meditation & diet to listening to binarial beats..

One odd thing I did notice though, is that if you have a headache, listen to 7hrz and within minutes the pain is gone.. Who needs panadol!

nice info Prof T. I would like to- Ive tried a few times with one video on youtube for the beats-but I end up just laying there the whole time (its 45 minutes long) and I stay awajke (eyes closed) just trying to relax the next thing I know its off....ORRR It feels like it takes forever. Is there one you can listen to until you fall asleep or something? Or ones for dreaming and lucid dreaming...I looked up some but didn't find much that I liked.

ALSO- I'd like to find some meditation videos. Where you listen to the video and it actually walks you through it...over an hour long maybe two or three hours long-the breathing, the relaxing, even walking you to the point of turning to see your guide! Then the music continues to play for about 45minutes at least then will bring you back OR slowly stop to a point where you dont notice it.

If anything is shorter then 30 minutes long (most of the time shorter then 45 minutes long) I get nothing...most of the time by the time it ends I am just THEN fully or almost completely relaxed

Edited by Alij

Has any one used binaural beats for AP or lucid dreaming? Does it work? What's the best one to use either has an adroid free app or from YouTube?

I have. They do work, however, when entering into altered states it's important to be comfortable and at ease. Binural beats sound mechanical to me and it caused me problems. I prefer shamanic drumming mixed with a little native American flute or chanting. It has the same effect but is more natural and has a rich history. If the drumming is performed by an actual shaman ( a rare thing), the beats will change intentionally to bring you deeper and then bring you out again. But only Somone familure with altered states knows how to structure these ques. I'm working on an mp3 as we speak but it's going to be a while. I want it to be just right.

Keep in touch, when I'm done I'll share it.

• Like 1

please let me know when its done and youve given it a try. I did last night but my cat kept jumping on my bed andstartling me so eventually just turned it off-but I did sleep better then normal too lol

I'm using Hemi-Sync at the moment (the gateway series). It's pretty expensive so you will have to 'find' your own way of obtaining a copy. Each session goes for 90mins and I have 4 sessions. I've only used it twice but I can tell you there's something going on here and I'm going to spend a good couple of weeks with it. It's doing what the free binaural beat versions did for me plus something more which i'm just starting to explore.

In terms of what it sounds like, well, the voice guiding you in the first two sessions is incredibly effective - no distraction at all as he has the perfect voice. Then the rain comes.. amazing, completely takes your mind away from "i'm aware i'm trying to relax" to... well organic thoughts that you follow in a non overly conscious state.

When the binaural beats really kick in, you're already in an altered state and it's more a feeling of pure conscious energy which you become. Check it out if you're really into it.

I've been experimenting with this stuff since the '80's so I know what I'm talking about.

Go and get this (because it's free): http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

Next go here: http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm

Always wear earbuds or very comfortable headphones because it is critical to experience the sound inside your head.

Harmonic boxes are your friend. Learn what they are and use them.

Do your own homework! OP comes across as someone who wants everything done for her. YouTube? That's the extent of your research? Get real...

Edited by hatakah

I've been experimenting with this stuff since the '80's so I know what I'm talking about.

Go and get this (because it's free): http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

Next go here: http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm

Always wear earbuds or very comfortable headphones because it is critical to experience the sound inside your head.

Harmonic boxes are your friend. Learn what they are and use them.

Do your own homework! OP comes across as someone who wants everything done for her. YouTube? That's the extent of your research? Get real...

I use youtube because I can only ever find one there that has a walk through with it-others Ive found online either I can't download on my phone or it cost money-I was hoping in the forum someone could point directly somewhere-thanks