Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
glorybebe

Elderly lady drove home wrong car

3 posts in this topic

An 80-year-old Swedish woman jumped into the wrong car on Friday, and finding the keys in the ignition she was able to drive home completely unaware that her own car remained in the supermarket car park.

http://www.thelocal.se/45836/20130126/

LOL, poor lady.

1 person likes this

I did that once. I had rented a car in Portland, Oregon, and left it in the hotel underground parking lot. Next morning I got into an identical rental and drove to McMinnville. On the way there the police stopped me, but I had the rental papers (they were in the glove compartment) and he let me go on.

When I got back to the hotel there were frantic calls to me. I went in to the rental office and we straightened it out.

I guess one should not leave one's keys in the ignition even in a secured parking area.

1 person likes this

I did that once. I had rented a car in Portland, Oregon, and left it in the hotel underground parking lot. Next morning I got into an identical rental and drove to McMinnville. On the way there the police stopped me, but I had the rental papers (they were in the glove compartment) and he let me go on.

When I got back to the hotel there were frantic calls to me. I went in to the rental office and we straightened it out.

I guess one should not leave one's keys in the ignition even in a secured parking area.

At least you have a story to tell and I ams ure you have had a few chuckles over it! :w00t:

1 person likes this