Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photography Challenge

orangepeaceful79

I suspect you are referring to the alien's power to make plants develop/lose flowers in the time it takes for you to move less than twenty yards.. :)

Do I get a t-shirt?

Bingo.. well, kind of.. almost.. time was the other perspective..

Congratulations, you were almost a winner! :lol:

• Like 1

P E R S P E C T I V E S....

post-126944-0-20442300-1370157289_thumb.

post-126944-0-84193400-1370157306_thumb.

• Like 5

Solent shipping - the container ships do tend to dominate the scene!

5864151399_e35fd99af4_z.jpg

Waiting for the wind - Thorpeness windmill

1392380824_b0e5fa51d0.jpg

• Like 5

I have lots of new photos from the flowers and want to post here.

First of all, I have to move my face photos from before. They look terrible.

Bozena

For "Perspective".

I spent some time camping in Letchworth State Park, New York this past weekend. Beeeautiful!

DSC_3924_zpsd32bbc9f.jpg

• Like 9

For "Perspective".

I spent some time camping in Letchworth State Park, New York this past weekend. Beeeautiful!

~image snip

the purple toenails adds a bit to the mystique ... methinks ... :yes:

~

• Like 2

Wow, Sarah - that's superb. Personally I would have maybe got down a bit lower and used some of the plants in the foreground to get a few blurry leaves at the bottom instead of the knees and toes..

but ok, I'm only saying that because:

1. My toes aren't very decorative.

2. I'm jealous of the photo!

• Like 1

Wow, Sarah - that's superb. Personally I would have maybe got down a bit lower and used some of the plants in the foreground to get a few blurry leaves at the bottom instead of the knees and toes..

don't forget the sun ... the sun did a lot to make the shot ... :yes:

~

I would have loved to get a bit lower, but I was afraid if I moved any further I'd be on a trip over the edge. It's hard to tell in the photo, but about another foot ahead of my toes is the beginning of a really steep drop. (I climbed over and was leaning against the retaining wall in the shot)

I did take more photos sans feet though. ;)

And thank you!

I would have loved to get a bit lower, but I was afraid if I moved any further I'd be on a trip over the edge. It's hard to tell in the photo, but about another foot ahead of my toes is the beginning of a really steep drop. (I climbed over and was leaning against the retaining wall in the shot)

I did take more photos sans feet though. ;)

And thank you!

actually the toes gives an interesting spatial sense to the panorama ... I would have stretched feet out ... into the shot ... but that's just me ...

I feel it have added to the composition and made the view a deeper dimension into the shot ... but as it is if you feel your toes takes away something from the photo you can easily crop it but I would say that's a shame ... because it does add to the frame ... and the colors works ...

:tu:

Here's one that covers both perspective and dusk.. A ~195 degree panoramic image of Brisbane at dusk..

gallery_95887_13_8803.jpg

• Like 8

Here's one that covers both perspective and dusk.. A ~195 degree panoramic image of Brisbane at dusk..

gallery_95887_13_8803.jpg

Beautiful.

The Beginning and Ending of Each New Day...

post-126944-0-82736400-1371716387_thumb.

post-126944-0-67422200-1371716464_thumb.

• Like 1

post-126944-0-08592800-1372194189_thumb. SUPER MOON Edited by NiteMarcher

Last night, I tried (and sorta failed...) to capture a more arty close-up of what's left of the 'Super'Moon, but the clouds just wouldn't quite play ball at the right time. I had a long telephoto ready, but it never made enough of an appearance that I could do anything useful with that lens..

So instead, here's a wide angle view of the scene - you should be able to make out the Moon's shape below the lit clouds, just right and up from centre...

gallery_95887_13_78847.jpg

Sony Alpha 57 on tripod with 18-55 zoom, 25 seconds @ f5.6, ISO 100. Image taken from my backyard.... Oh, alright.. no it wasn't.. :D

I had to drive about 30km to a little park on the river - that's the skyline of 'Surfer's Paradise' aka Gold Coast, Queensland. On the other side of those hideously beautiful buildings (mostly hotels & apartments) is a long and fairly ordinary, but ridiculously popular, beach.. Not really my sort of lifestyle, but quite pretty from a distance, I guess..

• Like 8

Last night, I tried (and sorta failed...) to capture a more arty close-up of what's left of the 'Super'Moon, but the clouds just wouldn't quite play ball at the right time. I had a long telephoto ready, but it never made enough of an appearance that I could do anything useful with that lens..

So instead, here's a wide angle view of the scene - you should be able to make out the Moon's shape below the lit clouds, just right and up from centre...

gallery_95887_13_78847.jpg

Sony Alpha 57 on tripod with 18-55 zoom, 25 seconds @ f5.6, ISO 100. Image taken from my backyard.... Oh, alright.. no it wasn't.. :D

I had to drive about 30km to a little park on the river - that's the skyline of 'Surfer's Paradise' aka Gold Coast, Queensland. On the other side of those hideously beautiful buildings (mostly hotels & apartments) is a long and fairly ordinary, but ridiculously popular, beach.. Not really my sort of lifestyle, but quite pretty from a distance, I guess..

Gold Coast photo's look beautiful at night. Perth is not bad at night but doesn't compare to some of the photos I've seen of the Gold Coast.

Perth at night:

moon_over_perth_skyline_1st_december_by_raitophotography-d5mvr9d.jpg

An older daytime photo:

perth.jpg

Not bad looking city but lately we've had a few crackpot architects building crazy things like the new arena:

768253-arena.jpg

• Like 7

Gold Coast photo's look beautiful at night. Perth is not bad at night but doesn't compare to some of the photos I've seen of the Gold Coast.

Hmm. dunno about that - I visited Perth about 20 years ago and just loved it - a beautiful, friendly, well-laid-out city, plus the view from Kings park (?) over the city as dusk falls and the city lights up is just breathtaking. I have some slides somewhere, I should dig them up and scan them.. Two things that the Gold Coast has (well, probably Burleigh Heads to be more precise) going for it is the wonderful & frequent thunderstorms and the beach nightlife (with fire twirlers, drumming circles, etc). One summer night I was there (without a flippin' camera of course), and all of this activity was going on, and there were multiple lightning strikes silhouetting the buildings behind - just a breathtaking sight.. One day I'll catch it.

In the meantime, may I suggest another topic* - how's about.. Symmetries. Here's my contribution entitled.. '(not yet Blowin' in the Wind..'

gallery_95887_13_31828.jpg

* But I reserve my right to return to the Perspectives theme - I've got a really cool idea that may take a while to implement..

• Like 6