Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photography Challenge

orangepeaceful79

NEW SUBJECT: 'I MADE THIS/THESE!'

Christmas decoration:

024_zps41cd89d0.jpg

Ice 'monsters' emerging from the walls of my garage

I love it! How about a new challenge 'monsters'?

• Like 1

.. orbs ..

No, as already explained, these are simply pictures showing most likely dust or rain close to the camera lens (so out of focus) and illuminated by the flash.

For 'Monsters'.. (don't say you didn't ask..)

gallery_95887_13_33514.jpg

• Like 6

^ ^ WOW!! :w00t:

• Like 1

Sorry, DOTNM... Hopefully you will forgive me if I post this hairy little 'monster' and a little story about him that I hope you'll like..

gallery_95887_13_44603.jpg

That's my dog, Snupy, who left this earth a couple of years ago. He was the result of a liaison between my stepdaughter's toy poodle / maltese terrier cross, and (we think) a local Jack Russell..

I know I'm biased, but Snup was not only the best behaved (with one tiny exception*), happy and eager-to-please dog I've ever known, he was very talented.. His party trick involved tennis balls. He was superb at running-jump catches, but with a slight difference. First up, I taught him to stand very still ("Stay"), but if I said "BACK UP", he would take a few steps backward and then wait anxiously. So first I would get him to back up, stop, back up again, and so on (all the while his tail would be wagging faster and faster in anticipation). This could go on for several minutes and he would quite happily keep backing up to about 30 metres, all the time watching me intently. Finally I would throw the ball and he would, unless my throw sucked, catch it in a flying leap. And then came the bit that I swear he taught himself.. Normally dogs don't like letting go of the ball, but Snupy obviously realised it was in his interest to get it back to me for the next round... So he trotted over, sat down on all fours about a meter away, dropped the ball gently between his front paws and then with great care and accuracy, he would use his nose to gently roll the ball to my feet. After he did this the first few times (maybe it was an accident, but he sure looked like he knew what he was doing), I taught him to do it on command whenever I said 'ROLL IT', and he would then do it for me or anyone who would play the game. He LOVED the tennis ball game and would do it for hours..

* Btw, I did hint he had one 'bad' habit.. For a while we lived in a farmhouse in a rural area, and Snup thought he was a sheep dog.. He would often disappear, and I would know where to find him - out in the nearby sheep paddocks rounding up the sheep. It became a running joke with the guy who owned the sheep, thankfully he didn't mind all that much...

I miss Snup..

• Like 5

It really shows how much you loved and miss Snupy. Thank you for sharing your hairy little 'monster'

• Like 2

This thread is so long, and there's been so many topics, I thought I'd just try to hit a few. I love macro....a new camera is on my to purchase list for 2014. Here's a few I've taken over the years....

1491645_253604284797743_2015657117_n.jpg

560737_3470147589930_294202525_n.jpg

552292_4157822261367_2108746525_n.jpg255307_4208144519392_623805411_n.jpg582666_4422679722638_1150115035_n.jpg

389140_4208142919352_1998030633_n.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to let this thread die :tsu:...

Oh, I don't think there's much risk of that (not while I'm here, anyways!).. Indeed I am thinking of browsing back through all of the topics and posting all sorts of stuff.. but I don't wanna be a thread hog..

I think it just ebbs and flows, sometimes we need a break...

Anyway, that's a very nice rose shot - good to see that low-key doesn't always mean dark and foreboding! Here's my take on low-key red flowers..

gallery_95887_13_598.jpg

and also a quick response to Awake2chaos's lovely macro images - I'm pretty sure one of her subjects also visited my place..

gallery_95887_13_63863.jpg

• Like 6

No particular subject; but 24hrs earlier we were locally still feeling the effects of the worst winter storm so far... today its spring (even had bumble bees flying)!

12566136795_29596d014c_z.jpg

12566316803_929d2718d2_z.jpg

Edited by Oppono Astos
  • Like 4