Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran sends monkey into space

Waspie_Dwarf

Ok so let me re-state, you speculated that Iran could possibly develop nuclear warheads and they have capability to land a missile strike on US soil, which isnt true i already said that .. US has 4 aegis destroyers anchored off the coast of Spain, it has 1 same class destroyer in the sea off the coast of Syria for those i know... there is ABM system bordering Europe. So Missile launched from Iran would never hit US.. no real chance.. i dont see how..for that matter US didnt forget their closest ally UK.. you are well protected versus missile attacks on your soil too.

Iran isnt led by a stupid president... they are already making pressure from so called " soft attack " via oil prices/export. US and Isreal are putting military pressure on Iran, which didnt do anything wrong so far.. yes they maybe dont have proper process for Uranium enrichment, but that is not an american problem..

I support their space program, why not? There is no proof they will launch any attacks, that would be highly irrational..They know missile would never go across sea and i can only speculate on saying maybe it wont even hit Isreal...

Even if they have couple of warheads so what? So far history has shown us who might be the REAL threat and that is US...not Iran with couple of missiles if they even have any or developing any.. But with stupid moves like Israeli attack on Syria which was clear provocation, and pure idiocracy whole hell is about to get loose...

• Like 1

That was taking a risk with a valuable primate. They should have launched an Iranian first to make sure it was safe!

• Like 1

Why don't they sign a technology sharing deal with N. Korea? I'm sure Iran could find plenty of empty oil barrels to weld together to make a decent rocket, and NK could scrape together enough dried cow dung to make a decent solid fuel. it'd save them so much money that they could spend on belligerent bluster.

Ok so let me re-state, you speculated that Iran could possibly develop nuclear warheads and they have capability to land a missile strike on US soil, which isnt true i already said that ..

I asked you to open both eyes and read what I actually said. You haven't done that. Instead you have totally misrepresented what I have said. You can re-state as much as you like, but a lie is a lie however you phrase it.

Maybe you aren't being deliberately dishonest, maybe you just have problems with basic comprehension, so I'll repeat what I actually said:

Whilst it is true that the Iranians do not yet have the capability to launch an attack on the USA, with the rapid development of their launcher capabilities that can not be guaranteed for ever.

Please explain which part of the text that I have highlighted you failed to understand.

Notice the use of the word "capability. At no point did I say, or imply, desire.

Also note that this was a reply to AsteroidX who had made this statement:

Physically a missile launched from Iran will not hit American soil. Fact.

AsteroidX has a habit of making claims about space and astronomy which are incorrect, this was no different. I was pointing out that it was physically possible to hit the US from Iran. Hence the reason I said this:

A sufficiently powerful rocket can launch a warhead to any point on the Earth's surface.

And this:

So there is no physical reason why the US can not be hit by a missile fired from ANYWHERE on Earth.

Once again I made my comments as neutral as possible to avoid taking sides. All along I have spoken of Iranian capabilities, I have not taken a stance on whether they should or should not develop them.

Even my one pronouncement on the nuclear situation in the Middle East was deliberately neutral. I said:

The Middle East is a problematic region at the best of times. With sworn enemies possessing nuclear weapons the potential for a huge tragedy on a global scale can only increase.

Again, I have not taken sides, I have simply stated a self-evident truth.

I have kept my politics out of this. You have no idea what my views on Iran, Israel or the Middle East are. You have leapt to conclusions based on YOUR views and prejudices, NOT mine.

• Like 1

@Waspie. Im gonna respond to your comment to me and say that I linked our ABM system which I believe to be adequate today.

AsteroidX has a habit of making claims about space and astronomy which are incorrect, this was no different. I was pointing out that it was physically possible to hit the US from Iran. Hence the reason I said this:

That was your claim I countered it. Nothing more nothing less. I barely have a habit of posting about space and astronomy and if Im incorrect then im likely looking for more information to educate myself not Mein Kampf the topic.

Iran's ballistic missile program is alarming due to their rhetoric. They have had as part of their reason for existence the right and the obligation to spread their Islamic revolution (read -Caliphate) around the globe. Regardless of misdirection by semantics games they have spoken of destroying another UN country and are furiously working on nuclear technology and fuel to have the ability to assemble a nuke on demand. If anything, publicizing the live animal nature of the launch was probably to mask it's true intent and make it seem like the next step in a real space program. Interesting article out today - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iranian-space-monkey-flight-fake-article-1.1253425

and then is correct,ITs all a shell game in our world today. Waspie`s right too of coarse.One knows not what goes on in the grey matter of all our members. Its way better this way !

I wont have to come to your house at night and re-program your grey matter,See how Simple ? :tu:

That was taking a risk with a valuable primate. They should have launched an Iranian first to make sure it was safe!

A risk? Either it never happened or the monkey died, because news says this;

Question marks raised after heroic astronaut looks remarkably different than the one which made lift off...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272129/Did-Iran-fake-launching-monkey-space-Question-marks-raised-heroic-astronaut-looks-remarkably-different-lift-.html#axzz2JjsnyVokA

and

Iranian official: Photo of monkey sent to space shows wrong primate

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/iranian-official-photo-of-monkey-sent-to-space-shows-wrong-primate-1.500978

• Like 1

They'd never fake it, surely! They'll be saying next that they've faked a super stealth fighter that will make the world quake in its boots!

• Like 3

I have an order in for a few drones when there done backwards engineering those.

They'd never fake it, surely! They'll be saying next that they've faked a super stealth fighter that will make the world quake in its boots!

Would it be this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21310958

The claim the most advanced fighter in the world. There again it should be as the first Stealth fighter was launched about 30 years ago.

I thought they should have launched their leader into space.

It would probably blow up and they would blame it on United States or Israel, then declare war on us. They are that crazy to do that, it would result in provoking a attack from United States while Israel would battle the Terrorists Proxies that is surrounding them.

Would it be this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21310958

The claim the most advanced fighter in the world. There again it should be as the first Stealth fighter was launched about 30 years ago.

It is a jet yes, but it can't sustain super sonic speeds and it doesn't have stealth technology. It is basically a jet painted black and dubbed a stealth fighter to make other nations scared, which in my sense, just makes me laugh like all their other claims. I give them one thing, they did make an new jet, but it neither has super sonic or stealth capabilities.

Edited by Uncle Sam

The monkeys are certainly different which would led me to conclude the mission was a failure and the poor creature died. I wish Iran would get out of the 1950's and stop using defenseless creatures in these useless experiments. Data could have easily have been collected electronically and through sensors to determine whether a primate or human could survive the trip.

They do monitor Western Media as they came out of the closet and said the nonmatching monkeys was a mistake and that the second monkey was a back up monkey. Trained in how to be propelled into space takes days of bananas to teach you know.

They do monitor Western Media as they came out of the closet and said the nonmatching monkeys was a mistake and that the second monkey was a back up monkey. Trained in how to be propelled into space takes days of bananas to teach you know.

Whether the Monkey survived or not is regardless. What Iran is trying to show that it has developed long range missile technology, albeit disguised as a space programme. Same as the North Korean, they now things are being tracked so they make up these c*** and bull stories.

They probably made the Monkey convert to Islam.

A risk? Either it never happened or the monkey died, because news says this;

Question marks raised after heroic astronaut looks remarkably different than the one which made lift off...

http://www.dailymail...#axzz2JjsnyVokA

and

Iranian official: Photo of monkey sent to space shows wrong primate

http://www.haaretz.c...rimate-1.500978

Stressful trip I guess.

Well you know they lied to him about the 27virgin monkeys he will get !

Ouch ! :gun:

• Like 1