Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is going on?

Nellie70

Hi

I really hope somebody can tell me what is happening?

There has always been noises, footsteps etc in my house, I have lived here for 8 years. They don't really bother me, but recently they seem to have stepped up quite a lot.

The two events that are puzzling me is breathing, heard by myself and my husband, this was a couple of months ago, what is breathing?

However the one that has spooked me happened at 9.10 last night, we were watching tv in bed when out of the blue we heard what can only be described as wailing, I cannot think of anything that I can compare the sound to, I was without a doubt in the house, but the dogs didn't even react. My husband went straight downstairs but there was nothing there, I'm very puzzled and freaked out!

Can anybody shed any light onto these goings on?

Thank you in advance for any information.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nellie70

• Ever Learning

• Beany

• Blueogre2

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the noise was definitely in the house, I know nothing has happens in the house, it is only 24 years old and there has only been 1 other family that has lived here, prior to it being built the whole area has always been farm land

are your windows double glazed downstairs or single pane? as its on farm land.

where are you from? so we can rule out wild life before pursuing other answers.

Spirits... Most likely. The question you have to ask yourself is are you or anybody in the house hold involved in the occult. Furthemore do you have any friends or relatives who practice magic? If not then you need to consider who owned the house before you lived there, were they involved in anything unnatural? If all these things come back negative then you need examine what you have been thinking about have your thoughts or relationships been very negative? All of these things can attract spirits

Consider smudging or cleansing your home of negative energy. It's always worked for me. Once my daughter's boyfriend left because he didn't like the smell of white sage. I looked at her, and said, See, it really does work! Here's a link to a how-to: http://myspiritcare.com/tag/native-american-smudging-ceremony

Edited by Beany

Spirits... Most likely. The question you have to ask yourself is are you or anybody in the house hold involved in the occult. Furthemore do you have any friends or relatives who practice magic? If not then you need to consider who owned the house before you lived there, were they involved in anything unnatural? If all these things come back negative then you need examine what you have been thinking about have your thoughts or relationships been very negative? All of these things can attract spirits

Quite a bold statement given such little information.

The house, as said by the op, is built on former farm land, just because there are now houses there, doesnt mean that the wildlife doesnt come back. Foxes tend to wail.

The footsteps could be the floor boards creaking or settling.

Too many rational explanations to exhaust before we jump in feet first and shout GHOST!

Hi

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and reply.

All the windows and doors are double glazed, wind was the first thing we tried to explain it away with, also our dogs, there are foxes in the field behind the house and they cry quite often, the thing with the noise we heard we cannot think of a single thing that compares to it, this is why we are totally puzzled, whenever we hear anything strange we always try to find a logical explanation for it.

Neither my husband or myself practise dark arts, we have an interest in the paranormal. I know his great great grandma was a medium, but I doubt this has anything to do with this. As for the previous family that lived here I can honestly say I don't know anything about them.

Hubby is making a stand at work to mount the camcorder and we are going to let it run through the night.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like spirits are trying to scare you. I wouldn't worry about it. Try not to act scared. If they start scratching you or harming you in any way, that's when you should be worried.