Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExpandMyMind

Creepy BioShock Infinite trailer

4 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H2xOYOgCxMA

Those of us still damp from our visit to Rapture and who can’t wait to dry off in the sun of BioShock Infinite have had to deal with a few setbacks regarding the release date. Now scheduled to release worldwide on March 26th, we only have to wait two more months until we can explore the sky city of Columbia. Until that day, we’ll have to rely on trailers to satiate our appetites.

Rather than just some standard gameplay trailer set to Gary Jules cover of “Mad World,” Irrational Games wants to whet our appetites with a trailer in the vein of an old-timey unsolved mystery film.

The trailer gives us a little background on the floating city of Columbia where — barring some kind of twist — the majority of the game seems to take place. The founder of Columbia, Zachary Comstock, seems to have worshipped America’s Founding Fathers, almost in a religious kind of way, and influenced the floating city to follow a more extremist path than the United States would’ve preferred. Against the wishes of the United states, the floating city ended the Boxer Rebellion, then subsequently seceded from the States and fled into the sky.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/creepy-bioshock-infinite-trailer-searches-for-the-floating-city-of-columbia-20130128/

Sounds truly awesome. Still, I think I'll miss plasmas.

2 people like this

DO. WANT.

1 person likes this

Love trailers like that, really makes you want to find out more in the game.

Rather than just some standard gameplay trailer set to Gary Jules cover of “Mad World,”

I have to comment on this though, I don't care what they say, that Gears of war "mad world" trailer was the best video game trailer I have ever seen. It was artistically brilliant and captured emotion without needing any form of story.

It just gave you the impression that there was a a lot of darkness, desperation and sorrow without saying a single word. That is art. Just a shame the story of the first game was a bit lacking, it still was an excellent dark game. Then Gears 2 ruined it with the fluffy storyline and brightness. Then gears 3 got even worse. They tried to hard for emotion and it was just horrible.

All the "song" type trailers where brilliant though and the one with the poem.

Edited by Coffey
1 person likes this

Bioshock always hits everything on the head. I love the prerelease stuff they put out to add to the mystery of the game. The thought, atmosphere and pure talent they make instant classics with. Simply amazing and a gem of todays game world. A masterpiece in the eyes of the constantly recycled call of duty series and various other shallow games out there.

This trailer captures an eerie mid 20th century documentary perfectly. Looking forward to this game.

1 person likes this